Tricep tear - Whey protein isolates sup is best?

aussie280

Awards
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Last week I think I slightly tore my left tricep so I stopped training for 7 days and today hit the gym and tried bench pressing but couldn't do more then 3 reps at about 70% of the weight I'm used to.. I experienced pain in the tricep just before the armpit and loss strength in that part of the arm.

Researching the web, rest is the only medicine for 2 weeks and then slowly introduce light exercise.

One site recommended a Whey protein isolate to encourage muscle repair. Is there any truth to this? If so which is the one recommended?

Currently all I'm taking is magnesium after work out and Jacked3d pre workout.

Any help is appreciated.

Aussie280

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Bro, I'm one of the people who can honestly say I feel your pain. Last year I made the best gains of my life but got injured in Nov/Dec.

Was nothing too serious at the time, took a couple of days here and there BUT I just kept on at it, because I'm such a stubborn d$ck. So now, instead of taking a max of 3 - 4 weeks off, I'm out of the gym 6 weeks and counting. I've lost loads of strength and size because of my persistence.

Please take my words to heart and don't make the same mistake I did. Just eat right, get some light cardio in and wait till you are 100%. so you can come back better and stronger.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Bashman said it best. You will only get injured further if you continue on. Eat healthy and whatever you do, DONT train triceps or chest for a few weeks! Anything that involves tricep recruitment dont do. WPI isnt a cure for a muscle injury just eat properly and supplement properly and get your rest. Protein does help in recovery but it isnt a miracle supplement. Get your rest bud and play it safe for a few.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
listen to what they say, just rest it. whey protein isnt going to do anything for repairing a torn muscle, sadly.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
go get an mri bro so you know whats wrong otherwise your just guessing. ive got a 28% tear in my left tri. mostly affected the medial head which is now a little lower than where it should be. its there but not the same as right arm. i took 6 months off. yeah it sucked but it doesnt bother me now

fightclub2012

fightclub2012

Awards
  • Established
rest, ice, compression, and elevation, aka RICE. I read somewhere that potassium and calcium helps with torn,pulled muscles, how did you manage to tear it, overtraining, not warming up?