How Much Protein Are We Really Getting

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I was curious about when you ordered 10lbs of protein, from say BSL, PF, or Trueprotein.com, do they send you 10lbs protein plus flavoring, or do they include the flavoring in your 10lbs? So I emailed Trueprotein.com asking them, as they have always been great to me and have great customer service. Here's the response that I got:

we do not account flavor and sweetener or any other additive to the final tally of weight. we first measure out the protein per what you ordered. so if you ordered 2lbs of protein you get 2 lbs of protein, then we add sweetener and flavor. we feel you should get what you pay for.

thanks,
doug

Trueprotein.com is the ****! :thumbsup:

I haven't inquired to BSL or PF yet, but I'll email them momentarily. BSL, I would hope ,should give the same response seeing as how they charge for flavoring.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Im a fan of TP as well. What flavoring have you tried and what blends you using? I have just used the choc at 40/30/30 ish conc/milk/casein

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have used BSL and their flavoring comes in separate sealed packets. So the same does apply. When you order the 50 lber, five free flavoring packets are included. The rest cost. Taste is awesome but I wish I could get more for less money regarding the flavoring. I may just go with cocoa+splenda to save $$

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I find TP's flavorings to be overly bland but don't mind much considering the price. As of now I've tried choc MPI and lemonade WPC. Figured out that using lemonade flavored unsweetened kool-aid adds some nice flavor for the lemonade. Don't know what to do yet w/ the MPI but right now I blend it w/my BSL whey xl.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
"Vanilla flavor is included in the 10 pounds.

Thank you
Melissa
ProteinFactory.com"

:nono: :mad:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Im a fan of TP as well. What flavoring have you tried and what blends you using? I have just used the choc at 40/30/30 ish conc/milk/casein
I'm on a real tight budget as of late, so I've been gettng mostly straight MPI, I've had both vanilla and chocolate flavor, with extra flavoring requested, and it's still very bitter. I mixed in 4 pounds of whey and 2 pounds Micellar Casein with about 7 pounds of MPI and vanilla flavoring, and it was not bad at all. BSL's flavoring is by far the best of everywhere I have ordered from, but I can deal with taste issues to save a good amount of money, as Trueprotein is by far the cheapest.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I have used BSL and their flavoring comes in separate sealed packets. So the same does apply. When you order the 50 lber, five free flavoring packets are included. The rest cost. Taste is awesome but I wish I could get more for less money regarding the flavoring. I may just go with cocoa+splenda to save $$
Actually BSL's comes with the flavor added, unless it's the new 50lb order they are offering.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Reply from BSL

The total weight of the product will be 10lbs. The inclusion rate of
the flavor is deducted from the total protein ordered. Strawberry, is a
3% inclusion. So in a 30g gross weight scoop, 29.1g is actual protein
powder.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Ryan

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info Super! I like the way TP is running it, but I don't plan to run out and buy it based on the flavor opinions. Plus BSL has been good to me for over a year now.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Wanted to ask you guys who have used BSL.......or if any of you know....When ordering to 50lb you get 5 free flavors.....Is that enought to flavor the 50lbs? Also, how much does shipping run for the 50lbs? Thanks.

I had been getting Solid Whey from all sports nutrition...10lbs for $34.99. Also recently got 6lbs (I beleive the brand is) World wide nutrition from Costco for $21.99....not bad.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got a 50 lb whey order with 1 container go and 400g caffeine, shipping ran $12.95. They take somewhat of a loss for us on the shipping from what I hear, so it is a really sweet deal. Normal cost for shipping 50 lbs of food runs me at least $25 at other online sites.

The flavoring packets don't even come close to lasting the whole 50 lbs imo. I was dosing them at much higher than package directions though. If you use the minute little scoop they provide or maybe premix it a few lbs at a time, I think it could last a good while. I just splurge now and order extra flavor packets (mmm, double chocolate) with the protein. I am addicted to them now.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Ya, the flavoring is nowhere near enough for 50lbs. However, its nice that you can try 5 different flavors.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info guys. As soon as I have some extra $$$ I'm picking some up.

If you guys don't mind some dextrose, try getting some instant pudding mix at your grocery, such as choc....bananna ect.
A tsp or so does great for flavoring and makes you shake a bit thicker.