Most cost effective BCAA

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
Im out of Modern BCAA and I love it, but is there a more cost efficient BCAA supplement that you have been using? I wont go more than a few session without them,

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
kilo of bulk powder and throw some crystal light in with it

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kilo of bulk powder and throw some crystal light in with it
I live on this stuff lol hey did you check out that info in the little message I left you :D

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
The big thing of X tend is 38 bux at a few places. thats it IMO.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I use the 1900 MG amino acid tablets by genesis nutrition. 30 bucks for a jar of 325 tablets on their website. Everything is always buy 2 get one free. So 60 bucks for almost a thousand tablets. 1900 MG is pretty big too. I take 10 a day. 5 when I go to sleep and 5 when I wake up.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I usually take 5 after a workout too. So I guess I take 15/day

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nothing beats IBCAA- for shear sake of mixability. if it floats and i cant get it to settle then i cant drink the stuff damn it! so for me its primordial performance's IBCAA all day baby but yes buy stock in crystal light as you'll use a ton of it, i use about 2g IBCAA daily, but have also used modern BCAA, xtend, and chaind out as well....

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im out of Modern BCAA and I love it, but is there a more cost efficient BCAA supplement that you have been using? I wont go more than a few session without them,
I've been using LG's BC+EAA for some years now - cheap, convenient, and effective.

Have recently used Primordial's Maximum Absorbed Protein, which I am considering changing to/alternating between once I run out of my supply of BC+EAA.

~Rosie~

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
when do you guys usually take BCAAs? i eat so much eggs/meat and whey that i feel like i get more than enough. i mean protein does break down at a fast rate during the workout but the post workout shake should be enough to restore a positive nitrogen balance, no?

i can see if you were riding a bike for 50 miles it would make sense...or maybe going without food for awhile. otherwise the average guy that eats lots of meat is probably wasting his $ on bcaa's...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
actually, if preserving maximum muscle mass is the goal.. taking them first thing as you wake up would probably make sense. whatever breakfast you eat still takes at least an hour to digest and hit the bloodstream so i guess there is some benefit there.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when do you guys usually take BCAAs? i eat so much eggs/meat and whey that i feel like i get more than enough. i mean protein does break down at a fast rate during the workout but the post workout shake should be enough to restore a positive nitrogen balance, no?

i can see if you were riding a bike for 50 miles it would make sense...or maybe going without food for awhile. otherwise the average guy that eats lots of meat is probably wasting his $ on bcaa's...
I dose immediately post-training, post-meals several times throughout the day, and pre-bed, but really, you can use them whenever you want.

~Rosie~

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i picked up 4 jugs of powershock at nutra for around $16 each. very good stuff-bcaa's/eaa's/cit mal/ba plus it has nitrates. damned good deal!!!!!

might get more at that price....:biggthumpup:

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
Ive been using Axcell for a while now, comes with 40 servings and has a lot more then jsut BCAAs, thats why i like it more then most, 4:1:1 ratio with Citrulline Malate, glucoronolactone and other ingredients, definitly worht looking into.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I dose immediately post-training, post-meals several times throughout the day, and pre-bed, but really, you can use them whenever you want.

~Rosie~
ok so im looking around to see any research done using BCAA vs. whey or whole foods but i cant find any. they all compare bcaa's vs. placebo or carbs, but i read somewhere before that a daily intake of 20g or more is definitely adequate. so given how much beef/eggs/whey i consume im trying to figure out if that in between meal catabolism is really that serious..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok so im looking around to see any research done using BCAA vs. whey or whole foods but i cant find any. they all compare bcaa's vs. placebo or carbs, but i read somewhere before that a daily intake of 20g or more is definitely adequate. so given how much beef/eggs/whey i consume im trying to figure out if that in between meal catabolism is really that serious..
Well, 1g of BCAAs is the equivalent of 2g of protein. I personally consume ~54g of BCAAs daily, but I also do not use protein powder. Like I said, whether you use BCAAs is entirely up to you.

~Rosie~

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
LG BCAA + EAA is pretty cheap, i think it's a good deal

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive just been buying PP's bulk powder. I tried other bulks and they mix so crappy. Anyone out there gotta another brand that dissolves well?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
supposedly modern BCAA is supposed to mix well but im in my 2nd tub and i vote NO on that claim

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive just been buying PP's bulk powder. I tried other bulks and they mix so crappy. Anyone out there gotta another brand that dissolves well?
LG's BC+EAA mix well.

~Rosie~

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont like to pimp, but we have a solid deal on BCAA's going at AMS right now. It's a buy one get one free coupon - bogomortarcf (carb free) or bogomortar

That's a total of 60 servings (or 780 grams of BCAA's) and we are giving away a free box of Arom-X Rapid Dissolve tabs with every purchase (30 day supply). And a free nocturnabol sample.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
47 dollars for 1000g of Instantizedbcaa's. I use 5 scoops after my workout to stave off DOMS and help recuperation. If doin morining fasted cardio, ill have 5 scoops as well. My tub is lasting a long time btw.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
supposedly modern BCAA is supposed to mix well but im in my 2nd tub and i vote NO on that claim
Really? Mine mixes right away, I don't even need to shake it. I have the grape, tastes damn good though!

Mike

r0nin

Awards
i LOVE Xtend.. worth the money. It pumped me up like creatine, without the cramps.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
47 dollars for 1000g of Instantizedbcaa's. I use 5 scoops after my workout to stave off DOMS and help recuperation. If doin morining fasted cardio, ill have 5 scoops as well. My tub is lasting a long time btw.
Cheap and effective it's also AjiPure.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just bought some vpx power shock to mix with my bulk BcAAs

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i picked up 4 jugs of powershock at nutra for around $16 each. very good stuff-bcaa's/eaa's/cit mal/ba plus it has nitrates. damned good deal!!!!!

might get more at that price....:biggthumpup:
You and your nitrates, lol. I actually thought about getting this it's only 16 bucks.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I dont like to pimp, but we have a solid deal on BCAA's going at AMS right now. It's a buy one get one free coupon - bogomortarcf (carb free) or bogomortar

That's a total of 60 servings (or 780 grams of BCAA's) and we are giving away a free box of Arom-X Rapid Dissolve tabs with every purchase (30 day supply). And a free nocturnabol sample.
Worth checking out, thanks.

franklin

Awards
Well, 1g of BCAAs[/url] is the equivalent of 2g of protein. I personally consume ~54g of daily, but I also do not use protein powder. Like I said, whether you use

~Rosie~
Rosie-

My USP Labs Modernized BCAA doesn't have the calorie content on it. Using a 1 Gram of BCAA's =2 Grams of protein should I calculate that that 1 gram of BCAA's = 8 Calories?
Thanks,
-f

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really? Mine mixes right away, I don't even need to shake it. I have the grape, tastes damn good though!

Mike
hmmm must have a bad batch, i have grape and unflavored and it mixes just as bad as xtend.... it takes me 3 different times to get the stuff down becaue the head on it floats too much, i let it sit in a constant stirring shaker for 5min and then it kinda works but still no where near instantized stuff like IBCAA or even pro bcaa ive used at max muscle before....

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Rosie-

My USP Labs Modernized BCAA doesn't have the calorie content on it. Using a 1 Gram of BCAA's =2 Grams of protein should I calculate that that 1 gram of BCAA's = 8 Calories?
Thanks,
-f
no she means in terms of grams of amino acids, i think

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie-

Thanks,
-f
Nope - technically BCAAs have "no" calories, even though they have protein equivalents.

~Rosie~

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nothing beats IBCAA- for shear sake of mixability. if it floats and i cant get it to settle then i cant drink the stuff damn it! so for me its primordial performance's IBCAA all day baby but yes buy stock in crystal light as you'll use a ton of it, i use about 2g IBCAA daily, but have also used modern BCAA, xtend, and chaind out as well....
IBCAAs are a lifesaver in terms of mixability. Most I have used are so hydrophobic (especially flavored ones) that its like you eating powder on top of a drink!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use cheap supplements Bcaa. I've tried other kinds but in terms of cost it's the best IMO.