immune system support?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just wondering what quality supps i can take for overall immune system support. i have echinacea but I want to get some more stuff...diet is full of fruit and vegetables, just want a little boost.

thanks in advance

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Immune health begins in the gut. Pro/pre-biotics

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
8 Billion Acidophilus & Bifidus (120 caps)?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thank you, should i get the DHEA as well? never heard of it
is 7-Keto not DHEA

A study at the Minnesota Applied Research Center and the Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center in Minneapolis found that four weeks of 7-Keto supplementation improved immune function in elderly men and women.7 In this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 22 women and 20 men over the age of 65 took 100 mg of 7-Keto twice daily or a placebo of identical shape and size. Patients in the 7-Keto group had a significant decrease in immune suppressor cells and a significant increase in immune helper cells. The 7-Keto group also saw reductions in diastolic blood pressure and an increase in neutrophils, the first white blood cells to respond to infection. The scientists concluded that 7-Keto was well tolerated and had no serious adverse effects.

A Czech research team discovered that 7-Keto can counteract the effect of circulating glucocorticoids, such as cortisol, which often rise with age and can suppress immune function.8 This study was performed in vitro on the spleen lymphocytes of mice, which were exposed to an immune-suppressing drug. Without 7-Keto, the drug produced dramatic reductions in spleen lymphocyte levels. However, when 7-Keto was added, cell viability more than doubled and a measure of primary immune response rose by 150%.

A study at the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences in Beijing confirms the immune-boosting properties of 7-Keto.9 Scientists exposed mice with compromised immune systems to chronic mild stress for four weeks. The traumatic regimen decreased their white blood cell proliferative response and produced other abnormalities in immune function. Additionally, levels of thyroid hormones decreased. However, when the mice were given

7-Keto at a dose of 15 mg/kg of body weight, their blood cell prolifera-tive response and natural killer cell activity were dramatically enhanced. The levels of thyroid hormone also returned to normal.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
is 7-Keto not DHEA

A study at the Minnesota Applied Research Center and the Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center in Minneapolis found that four weeks of 7-Keto supplementation improved immune function in elderly men and women.7 In this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 22 women and 20 men over the age of 65 took 100 mg of 7-Keto twice daily or a placebo of identical shape and size. Patients in the 7-Keto group had a significant decrease in immune suppressor cells and a significant increase in immune helper cells. The 7-Keto group also saw reductions in diastolic blood pressure and an increase in neutrophils, the first white blood cells to respond to infection. The scientists concluded that 7-Keto was well tolerated and had no serious adverse effects.

A Czech research team discovered that 7-Keto can counteract the effect of circulating glucocorticoids, such as cortisol, which often rise with age and can suppress immune function.8 This study was performed in vitro on the spleen lymphocytes of mice, which were exposed to an immune-suppressing drug. Without 7-Keto, the drug produced dramatic reductions in spleen lymphocyte levels. However, when 7-Keto was added, cell viability more than doubled and a measure of primary immune response rose by 150%.

A study at the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences in Beijing confirms the immune-boosting properties of 7-Keto.9 Scientists exposed mice with compromised immune systems to chronic mild stress for four weeks. The traumatic regimen decreased their white blood cell proliferative response and produced other abnormalities in immune function. Additionally, levels of thyroid hormones decreased. However, when the mice were given

7-Keto at a dose of 15 mg/kg of body weight, their blood cell prolifera-tive response and natural killer cell activity were dramatically enhanced. The levels of thyroid hormone also returned to normal.
thank you, got it

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
NAC

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
According to that study, 15mg/kg. You're about 87kg so ~1300mg.
hmm yeah i cant afford that dose. alright im gonna get the probiotic and NAC first.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You sound like you already know what you're doing, but if you already don't, have some extra Vitamin C on hand. Something you probably already have, but I didn't, and got miserably sick a few weeks back. I have 2 bottles of the 1,000mg caps in the stash now and I was taking 3g/day and they definitely helped. I like to toss in 1g here and there (while healthy).

av62587

Awards
There is a product called emergen-C for immune system support. It contains 1000mg of vitamin C as well as vitamin B and other nutrients. Really helps me from getting sick.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
You sound like you already know what you're doing, but if you already don't, have some extra Vitamin C on hand. Something you probably already have, but I didn't, and got miserably sick a few weeks back. I have 2 bottles of the 1,000mg caps in the stash now and I was taking 3g/day and they definitely helped. I like to toss in 1g here and there (while healthy).
yup I take a buffered version of C, rose hips and all included. usually more than that, up to 5 grams a day. its water soluble so cant hurt. thanks tho, reps.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
immune system aside, anyone know a quality resveratrol product? i also wanna add that to what im doing now

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hmm yeah i cant afford that dose. alright im gonna get the probiotic and NAC first.

Is dosed dependant for me 300-400mg daily works wonders for fat loss with this dose enhance my immune system too
in SP 7 Oxo - 15grams for $22.40

note: in Lardy’s experiments with mice infected with flu viruses. 7-keto-DHEA treatment caused an increase in anti-viral antibodies to some of the viruses. Dosages used were impossible to decipher from Lardy’s data.

A study published in Current Therapeutic Research revealed just how effective 7-Keto is in inducing fat loss.13 In this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 30 overweight adults (28 women and 2 men) were divided into two groups. Group 1 received 100 mg of 7-Keto twice daily for eight weeks, while group 2 took a matching pla-cebo capsule. All subjects participated in an exercise program three times a week that consisted of 50 minutes of aerobic and non-aerobic cross training under the supervision of an exercise physiologist. In addition, each subject was instructed by a registered dietitian to follow an 1800-calorie-a-day diet. The subjects underwent testing for blood chemistry, body composition, blood pressure, and dietary analysis at baseline and at weeks four and eight.

The researchers found that the 7-Keto group lost a significant amount of body weight compared to the placebo group—6.3 versus 2.1 pounds. The 7-Keto group also lost a greater percentage of body fat compared to the placebo group—1.8% versus 0.57%.13 Compared to the placebo group, the 7-Keto group saw a significant increase in thyroid hormone activity that targets fat- burning genes in the mitochondria and adipose tissue.14 No adverse effects were reported. The results show that 7-Keto can significantly and safely reduce body weight and body fat when combined with exercise and a reduced-calorie diet. This is due to the greatly increased levels of fat-burning enzymes in the liver as well as the elevation of thyroid hormone. These beneficial changes are known to boost basal metabolic rate, making it easier to shed excess pounds. Supplementation with 7-Keto can therefore help reverse the decline in metabolic rate that makes it so easy to put on weight as we age. Unlike caffeine and ephedrine, 7-Keto does not have a central nervous system stimulating effect caused by nor-adrenalin release, nor does 7-Keto increase heart rate or blood pressure.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ok im seriously considering it. is it primarily a fat burner? im already at a very low BF so thats not as useful to me. im just trying to jack my immune system up lol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys just wondering what quality supps i can take for overall immune system support. i have echinacea but I want to get some more stuff...diet is full of fruit and vegetables, just want a little boost.

thanks in advance
The best thing I have used re immune system is honestly Colustrum - I used this when I was cycling and I never got sick when I was using it. The only downside was that if I so much as went a day withOUT using it, I often got sick just because of that.

Otherwise, Vitamin C and antioxidants, etc. work.

~Rosie~

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
if i take 2 showers a day (morning before work and night after training) when should i apply the topical SA?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
8 Billion Acidophilus & Bifidus (120 caps)?

I buy these from nutrplanet, and take 2 a day as part of my permanent supp regimen. One the AM and one later on at night. I honestly can't recall the last time I had stomach issues since I started taking it.