Gaspari Nutrition Aminomax 8000

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Gaspari Nutrition Aminomax 8000

Anyone have anything to say about this stuff?

It's on sale somewhere right now and I'm thinking of getting it.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I hope my ride home isn't BUMPY.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.79%

I just piitb for the 20 dollar sale price. Can't beat an 8 gram amino blend for that price. I'd say it LOOKS worth it. The extra taurine and glutamine may pay off as well. Well see!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Anyone have anything to say about this stuff?

It's on sale somewhere right now and I'm thinking of getting it.
    At first I was interested, but then I thought about it and figured why would I want to pay $20 for a handfull of aminos? I'd rather eat something!

I really think we spend way too much time/energy thinking about the various forms of protein when really it's mostly similar. You probably won't notice the difference in effects unless you use it consistently over a period of years.

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to pay for a supplement for multiple years to see results. I'd rather adjust my diet so that I can live with the change and make it a lifestyle. Plan ahead like carry packs of jerky or peanuts.

People will probably argue these pills would be handy in a pinch when you had no food or needed a quick amino boost, but really, are you going to notice a difference in a week, a month, a year? Maybe better for a cut, but again, whole food would be more filling and satisfying in that case as well.

I chose not to buy this time, hopefully I'll be rid of my supplement addiction soon.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    At first I was interested, but then I thought about it and figured why would I want to pay $20 for a handfull of aminos? I'd rather eat something!

I really think we spend way too much time/energy thinking about the various forms of protein when really it's mostly similar. You probably won't notice the difference in effects unless you use it consistently over a period of years.

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to pay for a supplement for multiple years to see results. I'd rather adjust my diet so that I can live with the change and make it a lifestyle. Plan ahead like carry packs of jerky or peanuts.

People will probably argue these pills would be handy in a pinch when you had no food or needed a quick amino boost, but really, are you going to notice a difference in a week, a month, a year? Maybe better for a cut, but again, whole food would be more filling and satisfying in that case as well.

I chose not to buy this time, hopefully I'll be rid of my supplement addiction soon.
    I've been curious about amino supplements. I haven't taken any in years, and I have recently cut protein out of my preworkout shake. No matter what kind of protein, it kills my stomach in the gym and subsequently my workout. I was thinking maybe these would be a good source of preworkout amino acids to make up for cutting out the protein source. Also if I eat anything within an hour of lifting I get sick, so I keep my last meal before the gym at an hour and a half.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.79%

Well I think the amino supplementation has stood the test of time. Whether you take them with meals to enhance nitrogen retention and nutrient shuttling or pre/post workout to ensure a speedy recovery. I think they will speak for themselves. It doesn't get much more convenient then putting pills in your mouth and swallowing. I'm sure plenty of the big timers would tell you they're a valuable staple in their diets. My 2 cents.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

Quote Originally Posted by owenz View Post
    Well I think the amino supplementation has stood the test of time. Whether you take them with meals to enhance nitrogen retention and nutrient shuttling or pre/post workout to ensure a speedy recovery. I think they will speak for themselves. It doesn't get much more convenient then putting pills in your mouth and swallowing. I'm sure plenty of the big timers would tell you they're a valuable staple in their diets. My 2 cents.
    What big timers take protein pills as a staple? It was all the rage way back when that was all that was available, but there is more convenient ways to get the types of supplemental doses needed. Whole food trumps any of this stuff, and the "big timers" will tell you that over and over again. If you don't have that nailed 110%, you're only going to get marginal results, fluctuating up and down 1-3 lbs of real mass each year.

There is no magic pill that makes you anabolic to any real degree (other than roids), just promises of "something better" that will never happen.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

I've been curious about amino supplements. I haven't taken any in years, and I have recently cut protein out of my preworkout shake. No matter what kind of protein, it kills my stomach in the gym and subsequently my workout. I was thinking maybe these would be a good source of preworkout amino acids to make up for cutting out the protein source. Also if I eat anything within an hour of lifting I get sick, so I keep my last meal before the gym at an hour and a half.
    Have you tried eating egg whites ~1hr pre-workout with toast or a bagel? Whole foods will dominate pills/shakes in terms of results, and it's easier to maintain consistency.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%

Have you tried eating egg whites ~1hr pre-workout with toast or a bagel? Whole foods will dominate pills/shakes in terms of results, and it's easier to maintain consistency.
    I have normally opted for some faster digesting protein like tuna and wheat toast. I'll have to give egg whites a try though. I was told they're not as bioavailable in raw form so that's generally why I've avoided them.

But hey look at Gaston from Beauty and the Beast! Lol. That mofo eats raw eggs!

10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

Eggs are great! Look at any real bodybuilder's diet and you'll see they eat about a dozen eggs a day on average (mainly whites, but 2-3 yolks as well).

You can always buy liquid egg whites, they're pastuerized and safe to add to anything, and they're cheap (pretty much tasteless too).
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%

Eggs are great! Look at any real bodybuilder's diet and you'll see they eat about a dozen eggs a day on average (mainly whites, but 2-3 yolks as well).

You can always buy liquid egg whites, they're pastuerized and safe to add to anything, and they're cheap (pretty much tasteless too).
    Can I just walk into Meijers and find these?
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

Can I just walk into Meijers and find these?
    I recommend Costco or Sams, but yeah, it should be available in a Meijer, Kroger, or something (gosh I miss Meijers...). All Whites is the name brand, but we get the Costco brand for less $.

Real eggs are a little bit better though IMO.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gaspari Nutrition's Halodrol
    By Davidlee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
  2. Gaspari Nutrition - Mitotropin
    By ticork in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 03:51 PM
  3. Gaspari Nutrition MITOTROPIN!
    By dustinhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5