Avant Labs Lipoderm Ultra or Lipoderm-Y?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Avant Labs Lipoderm Ultra or Lipoderm-Y?


    I am looking for a targeted fat loss substance to reduce some unwanted chest fat. I found both of these products (Lipoderm Ultra and Lipoderm-Y) on the Black Star Labs website. I was wondering, what's the difference between the two of them? Which one is more effective? Are there any side-effects, and if so, what are they? Any help you can provide on this subject would be great. Thanks!

    http://www.blackstarlabs.com/?cPath=17


  2. run a search here, or better yet, you will probably find more information running a search at the Avant Labs forum... although it won't be very biased most likely

    cm5
    •   
       


  3. avant has a 20% off sale on a bunch of products right now. I think a bottle of lipoderm is $20 directly from the website right now, you should check it out.

  4. Howdy folkses,

    Does anybody know if Lipoderm actually works?

    I just did a couple searches, neither of which succeeded in answering my question.

    Input appreciated.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Holmes; 06-29-2004 at 04:29 PM.

  5. Lipoderm ultra is basically lipoderm-y with caffeine & other diuretics added & costs a lot more. Yohimbine causes local water retention & the diuretics counter that. The cheapest way to do it is get the lipoderm-y & add a few grams of caffeine powder yourself.

    I have used both & they work. I am usually pretty lean, they probably work better the more BF% you have. Works best with ECA or cutting supps & a calorie deficit, it will not work miracles with no change in diet, training, etc.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    Howdy folkses,

    Does anybody know if Lipoderm actually works?

    I just did a couple searches, neither of which succeeded in answering my question.

    Input appreciated.

    Cheers!
    it works well, I've used it on my love handles, and my girlfriend has used it on her legs and it's worked well.

  7. Thanks! This is good news, as I recently picked up a bottle of ultra.

    The only other concern I'd have is the potential effects on the liver. Any thoughts?

  8. Yohimbine should not affect the liver at all.

  9. i am currently doing an ECY stack where i take in 2.5-5g of Yohimbine HCL orally, if i decide to use one of the lipoderm products should i stop taking yohimbine orally?

  10. Do you guys apply it pre workout too? Taking into account the 2 hour window. How do you know what to choose with lipoderm, lipoderm ultra, absolved etc on the market.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    Do you guys apply it pre workout too? Taking into account the 2 hour window. How do you know what to choose with lipoderm, lipoderm ultra, absolved etc on the market.
    No, do not take it preworkout as the sweating caused by the WO will hinder the absorption of the product. As for which avant topical fat loss product to choose, ab-solved is best on VAT fat, which is the fat UNDER muscle.... look at my avatar, that guy could use some ab-solved. However the Lipo series is best when used for subQ fat, which isthe fat OVER muscle. Most chest fat, etc. falls into this category. So basically it depends on what type of fat you are trying to get rid of.

    Hope that helps.

  12. WTF is that guy? Its sick.. is it really fat under muscle or a bloated gut? Yup, you did help. Thansk a lot!
  13. Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    get the lipoderm-y & add a few grams of caffeine powder yourself.
    This exactly what I have always done. Lipo-Y(beta) at the AL site is Lipo-Y + 4.5g C (was $20 when I got my stash).
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by OmarJackson
    i am currently doing an ECY stack where i take in 2.5-5g of Yohimbine HCL orally, if i decide to use one of the lipoderm products should i stop taking yohimbine orally?
    anyone know? im curious also
  15. Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar

    The caffeine in the Lipo-Y works as a local diuretic. The Y will often cause water retention in the area of application. The caffeine is intended to help reduce this. So as with the Y being local delivery and not systemic, the caffeine is as well.
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    Lipoderm ultra is basically lipoderm-y with caffeine & other diuretics added & costs a lot more. Yohimbine causes local water retention & the diuretics counter that. The cheapest way to do it is get the lipoderm-y & add a few grams of caffeine powder yourself.

    I have used both & they work. I am usually pretty lean, they probably work better the more BF% you have. Works best with ECA or cutting supps & a calorie deficit, it will not work miracles with no change in diet, training, etc.
    I believe that they actually work better the leaner that you are.

  17. I noticed some pretty significant systemic effects from Lipoderm Y. Then I added about 6-7 grams of caffeine and was flllyying. I find transdermal caffeine to be a rather nice stimulant. No jitters, just alertness for many hours.

    The mixture did seem to reduce sub Q fat when used with cardio.

  18. Can you use Lipoderm and ab-solved together?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    Lipoderm ultra is basically lipoderm-y with caffeine & other diuretics added & costs a lot more. Yohimbine causes local water retention & the diuretics counter that. The cheapest way to do it is get the lipoderm-y & add a few grams of caffeine powder yourself.

    I have used both & they work. I am usually pretty lean, they probably work better the more BF% you have. Works best with ECA or cutting supps & a calorie deficit, it will not work miracles with no change in diet, training, etc.
    Interesting. I tried a homebrew and it didnt work at all.

    6 G yohimbine hcl
    2 grams caffeine
    benzyl alcohol
    acetone
    isopropanol

  20. Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI
    Can you use Lipoderm and ab-solved together?
    par said you shouldnt.
  21. Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    Interesting. I tried a homebrew and it didnt work at all.

    6 G yohimbine hcl
    2 grams caffeine
    benzyl alcohol
    acetone
    isopropanol
    No offense, but there is a whole lot more to the AL trandermal used in Lipo-Y than the ingredients you used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    par said you shouldnt.
    No, they should not be used simultaniously (read...applied on the same area) but they can be used alternately (read...switch one for the other).

    IOW use Y in the AM, and AB-Solved in the PM. Or Y one day and AB-Solved the next, rotating days. I use each, one week at a time. I find that every time I start up the AB-Solved again, it knocks another ~1/2" off my stomach/waist line. I always respond much better to AB-Solved than Lipo-Y.

    Also, keep in mind, Lipo-Y is not a "fat burner" but "fat mobilizer" where it frees the fat from the area of application to be used for fuel when in significant deficit. A very significant deficit (caloric/energy expenditure) is a necessity when using Lipo-Y.
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by b5150
    No offense, but there is a whole lot more to the AL trandermal used in Lipo-Y than the ingredients you used.
    No offense but I wasnt really planning to go and buy every single ingredient. Yohimbine is the main ingredient, caffeine is the diuretic.

    Nuff said.
  23. Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge
    No offense but I wasnt really planning to go and buy every single ingredient. Yohimbine is the main ingredient, caffeine is the diuretic.

    Nuff said.
    I understand your point. Keep in mind that Yohimbine and caffeine are the actives. My point is that unless you have a quality transdermal gel (a quality homebrew recipe or retail purchase) you will in no way get those actives to penetrate you skin properly or sufficiently to be effective. Furthermore if the transdermal is bogus than the effectiveness of the actives will be bogus as well...hence the potential for poor to no results.

    So as stated above, it may be best to buy the Lipo-Y and add the caffeine. Or for that matter Avant has their new Lipo-Y w/caffeine (beta) going to final and available at retailers very shortly. Might even be able to spike some more Y into it as well.
    Last edited by David Dunn; 08-01-2004 at 10:28 PM.
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by b5150
    I understand your point. Keep in mind that Yohimbine and caffeine are the actives. My point is that unless you have a quality transdermal gel (a quality homebrew recipe or retail purchase) you will in no way get those actives to penetrate you skin properly or sufficiently to be effective. Furthermore if the transdermal is bogus than the effectiveness of the actives will be bogus as well...hence the potential for poor to no results.

    So as stated above, it may be best to buy the Lipo-Y and add the caffeine. Or for that matter Avant has their new Lipo-Y w/caffeine (beta) going to final and available at retailers very shortly. Might even be able to spike some more Y into it as well.
    Ive read that its more than possible to add extra Y in.

  25. Par basically said in one post he didn't think his stuff was selling good enough due to "lack of fancy ingredients" so he threw in a bunch of filler when he released the new versions.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. LipoDerm Ultra from Avant Labs
    By WAHCHING in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
  2. Old Avant Labs Lipoderm Ultra, still good?
    By silverSurfer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Log in
Log in