Super Cissus: Joint Support AND Cortisol Inhibitor?

spartan119

Awards
I'm planning a Havoc cyle (my first PH cycle) in a few months. I see people using USP Labs' Super Cissus as both a joint-support supplement on cycle and then others taking it as a Cortisol-inhibitor during PCT.

Can it be used both on-cycle and during PCT to effectively treat both issues? I experience mild joint discomfort during/after workouts as it is, despite Glucosamine and fish oil supplementation.

Thanks!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I've ran it on PH cycles before, and during PCT. As a matter of fact it's a staple supp of mine, I've taken it twice a day everyday for years now. It works much better than the basic glucosamine/chondroitin combo IMO. Never experimented with fish oil for joints personally, mine don't hurt THAT bad. Maybe because of the cissus...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm planning a Havoc cyle (my first PH cycle) in a few months. I see people using USP Labs' Super Cissus as both a joint-support supplement on cycle and then others taking it as a Cortisol-inhibitor during PCT.

Can it be used both on-cycle and during PCT to effectively treat both issues? I experience mild joint discomfort during/after workouts as it is, despite Glucosamine and fish oil supplementation.

Thanks!
Yes, Cissus can be used on-cycle and during PCT - a great addition, actually, IMO.

~Rosie~

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
Yes, Cissus can be used on-cycle and during PCT - a great addition, actually, IMO.

~Rosie~
Agreed. Personal use Cissus and Omegas for my joint support, never got much out of Glucosamine and the anti-cortisol of Cissus is an added bonus :)

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Super Cissus is good stuff! I can tell a big difference when I forget to take it or if I run out. I used to take Animal Flex and Cissus blows it away. My mom even says its help with the pain from her arthritis. Its only $23 and a bottle will last you a while. I take 5 capsules every day but i'll bump it up to 8 or 9 when I get on my next ph cycle just for extra insurance.

underthesun

Awards
You can't even compare cissus to glucosanine/conjobdroitin/MSN. Cissus actually works.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks!
Its effects on cortisol are very minimal compared to its joint/tendons healing abilities. If your joint doscomfort is in a localized area then i HIGHLY recommend using NOW's topical Celadrin or Glucosamine~~you will find it to be more effective than any oral

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
There is no evidence it has any effect on cortisol as far as I know. Is that true?

Yes I know it is a 5 year old thread thanks

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
"Cissus : Natural herb which has been shown to possess powerful anabolic traits, without having any unwanted androgenic side effects. The ketosterones found within this herb have both muscle building and joint repairing capabilities, which is key during bout of intense muscle growth."

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Not sure about effect on cortisol

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
"Anabolic and Androgenic activity:
In addition to speeding the remodeling process of the bone, Cissus also leads to a much faster increase in bone tensile strength. In clinical trials Cissus has led to a fracture healing time in the order of 55 to 33 percent of that of controls. Cissus exerts antiglucocorticoid properties is suggested by a number of studies where bones were weakened by treatment with Cortisol and upon administration of Cissus extract the Cortisol induced weakening was halted and the healing process begun. [93]
Endogenous Glucorticoids including the body’s endogenous hormone Cortisol activate pathways that degrade not only bone, but skeletal muscle tissue as well. Glucocorticoids induce muscle breakdown. They activate the so-called Ubiquitin-Proteasome pathway of proteolysis. This pathway of tissue breakdown is important for removing damaged and non-functional proteins.
By exerting an anabolic, antiglucorticoid effect Cissus preserve muscle tissue during times of physical and emotional stress, which is of more interest to the average bodybuilder or athlete. [94]"

LEATHERFACE

Awards
the research on cissus are weak, but this is a great supplement

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
ill just take it since i already have it but the research is weak at best