Acetyl L carnitine and hair loss

ramon25

Awards
So I would like to start taking Acetyl L carnitine mainly to stop needing coffee. Anyways I have come across some info or people saying it increased hair loss. Anyone has this happend or know why it would? Thanks as always

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
never noticed any effect at all, cognitive or on the hairline

MrDeadlift

Awards
Same here, no effect. Now, a different form of carnitine (Carnitine-L-Tartrate) has shown to increase hair growth in studies (in addition to providing energy, burn fat and increase AR/testosterone). I know people who stack ALCAR with Car Tartrate for double benefit increased mental alertness and cellular energy.

ramon25

Awards
So you guys never noticed anything? I guess its a it and miss. Some people report miracles. So deadlift did you mean no effect o the hairline or on the mind?

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
I know this is off topic. But I mega dosed Vitamin D and noticed I stopped shedding hair. I usually would shed when I ran my hands through my hair but it stopped. I have not read anything about Vitamin D and hair loss though. I was using it for a nice test/ mood booster and it did its job fo sho.

So if you notice hair loss just something to try ;)

ramon25

Awards
Wow very interesting. I take about 7000 Iu a day but have noticed increased t at that dosage. I am not losing hair, just dont want too lol

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
Wow very interesting. I take about 7000 Iu a day but have noticed increased t at that dosage. I am not losing hair, just dont want too lol
I was breaking out like a 15 yr old kid bro. Try upping you calcium intake as well. I do this natural with like 4 glass of whole milk a day. Vitamin D is honestly kinda useless without Calcium.

EDIT: I dosed at 4,000 IU (not including my vit D intake from milk).

ramon25

Awards
damn maybe the D is why my shoulders are breaking out like crazy and never had before. Oh i reccomend some vitamin K2 with the D. Certain proteins are activated by k2 that are important for keeping you away from D toxicity. Vitamin A protects against it also but by Deactivating K dependednt proteins. just food for thought....