hmb vs leucine

alpha muscle

Awards
which would you recomend i can get hmb in bulk for only a few $ more per 500g is it worth it over normal leucine?

pero

Awards
I would go with hmb, although it's optimal to add both. 3-5g split in pre-, during and postworkout.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering HMB is a metabolite of leucine, I'd go that route. Using it in a similar fashion (between meals) should lead to greater results from just leucine alone.

seamuslifts

Banned
Awards
Id skip them alltogether. I used HMB years ago - it was a total flop for me and just about everyone that used it.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its not a miracle, anything prohormone like, but imo I think Leucine and HMB works. Ive been using a lot of leucine lately and using Muscle Synergy wich has 3g of hmb in it. Strength and recovery are looking good and I am leaning out as well ( my diet is "on" and so is my workout program ).

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It seems redundant since you can only use so much leucine in one given hour befoe you peak why both?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, HMB works, but you need to dose it high...like in the 9 grams a day range to get the desirable effects which all the bullsh*t marketing and hype would have you believe. However, to be honest...HMB is too expensive and not worth the investment considering you can just buy a sh*t ton of leucine for dirt cheap and get the same or better results. As has been mentioned...you are going to be getting some HMB anyway by using leucine because it is a metabolite of leucine.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Hard to say. Lecine had a spot in the sun with people who buy bulk powders. HMB was sold at a low dose in lots of formulas back in the day, but it is hard to find people who have nexperience with bulk doses.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 11
diggyroxx Supplements 12
MidwestBeast Supplements 0
Supplements 23
Whacked Supplements 18