BSN "true mass" VS MHP "up your mass"

dexterfan

Awards
also what about "mutant mass?"

LOL at all the names of these products btw

dexterfan

Awards
Neither...they are both full of crap imo.
well the deal is i'm pretty paranoid about supplements as well. i'm sort of thinking they're all bogus

but from monday to friday i eat breakfast at 9 am, go to the gym at 10:30, have lunch at 12, then start work at 2, only have 1 break at 6 oclock in which i eat again, then go home at 10pm and have dinner around 10:30pm

pretty damn hard getting enough quality food in this way, was thinking of taking one of these shakes to work to add 500-1000kcal a day

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
well 76g of carbs, 14g of sugar and all that fat will put some size and weight on ya for sure...but probably not muscle if thats what your looking for. Imo, many of these "gainers" are packed full of junk. Go with an isolate or whey and add it to milk if you need the extra calories, but otherwise, you can just add it to water. Pack a bag full of snacks like nuts, fruit, veggies, jerky and snack when you cant eat. Drink plenty of water also...stay well hydrated.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Now that was for "lean gains" like your thread title stated. If you just want to gain weight reguardless of what kind of "weight" it is, then I believe there are many cheaper options out there. While at home you can mix a protein drink with natural pb for extra protein and healthy fats.

dexterfan

Awards
well 76g of carbs, 14g of sugar and all that fat will put some size and weight on ya for sure...but probably not muscle if thats what your looking for. Imo, many of these "gainers" are packed full of junk. Go with an isolate or whey and add it to milk if you need the extra calories, but otherwise, you can just add it to water. Pack a bag full of snacks like nuts, fruit, veggies, jerky and snack when you cant eat. Drink plenty of water also...stay well hydrated.
so basically weightgainers are a scam?

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Im no scientist but what im saying is that I, personally, want to know the source of the carbs and fats I take in. Not all sugars and carbohydrates are created equal and many companies opt for the "price efficient" option when chooseing ingredients imo to get the most profit.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I love up your mass when I am bulking... Remember the facts are if you add milk to it and not water... I use lactaid whole milk, lot less bloating and stomach issues. If you look at the ingredient list for up your mass it's low in sugar and the fat comes from good sources. I was drinking 2 shakes a day along with my normal 4 meals and postworkout shake. Great way to get calories up. But if you have a big shaker to this instead... 25-40g whey, 25-40g casien, 1.5-2 cups oatmeal, 2-3 tablespoons mac nut oil. Home made mass shake!