Gear

JW390898

JW390898

Awards
Was looking at Need To Build Muscle's Gear and wondered if anyone could help with how it compares to other amino acid/proteins type supplements?

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
It's all about the quality of the proteins/acids your taking in, not the quantity. "Gear" uses Super Plasma Protein which is protein isolate and is made from hydrolyzed animal plasma. The body recognizes it as "usable" protein in the blood so there is no conversion necessary. SPP also contains the highest level of IGF-1 of any natural food source.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love gear. Easy to use easy to take and carry around. Simple product which will soon be upgraded. I take it inbetween meals and pre and post workout too.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used Gear with good results stacked with Need2Slin. I took the Gear with meals, 30 minutes after taking the Need2Slin. The cool thing with the Serum Plasma is the one study I was able to find showed it increased bioavailability of other forms of protein when injested together.

So basically something like protein coming from wheat that your body would generally not use is improved into something more useful for your body. Combined with the Need2Slin, the better protein is shuttled straight to the muscles.

The negative side is that Plasma Serum is expensive and you want a pretty good sized dose. However, it does generate good results from my experience. It depends how much you want to pay for results/quality, whereas you could spend less on lower quality and get less results (I've done that lotsa times unfortunately).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can't wait to use GEAR on this upcoming cut. I love the fact that the Bovine Serum Plasma is larger protein and causes it to say available in the intenstines longer. That makes it the perfect protein for cutting. Even though he mentioned it was an isolate don't think if it as quickly being used up the cool part is how long after you take it that protein is still available to be used. That is what makes it really cool to me. Now if really working toward gaining I would try to take 2-3 caps with every meal while on a DS or something like Sub-Ecdy.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Been thinking of picking something like this up to toss in my gym bag instead of my bcaas. The whole increased utilization of protein seem real intriguing and tailored made to bd used with a nutrient repartioner. Question- how much spp is in each cap and what's the effective dose range?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How does N2BM's Gear compare to primordial's MAP? Hell, or any other easily digested proteins out there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How does N2BM's Gear compare to primordial's MAP? Hell, or any other easily digested proteins out there.
I think in order to answer that one would have needed to use both of these in similiar fashions. However the biggest difference would be in how long the proteins would be available in the intestines. The Bovine Serum is larger and stays available longer in the intestines to be used when needed. The PP MAP states it is 3 times more bioavailable than Leucine in regular BCAA's and GEAR states it is 10 time more bioavailable than amino acids I can only go by the studies and say that GEAR should be more bioavailable and also a closer protein profile to what is considered already useable protein by the human body. On top of this GEAR makes all of the other protein you eat more available and easier to use as well.

Most of the reason I choose casein is for the length of time it takes to digest providing me more protein availability. However if this peptide process in MAP makes it much faster to synthesize it loses the long term effect for why I am using it. On top of that it just seems nice to be able to have 2 caps when needed than having to mix a shake.

That being said Primordial MAP is surely a good product too and could probably be used nicely along side of GEAR well for a nice synergy.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been thinking of picking something like this up to toss in my gym bag instead of my bcaas. The whole increased utilization of protein seem real intriguing and tailored made to bd used with a nutrient repartioner. Question- how much spp is in each cap and what's the effective dose range?
There is actually 250 Mg of the SPP in each capsule. Here is the breakdown per capsule from the write up at NTBM store.

As far as effective dose range I would think that would depend on your goals. With the bioavailability being 10x higher then other protein sources and it making other protein sources more bioavailable it doesn't take much to add up. Figure adding 10 caps of this a day is the equivalent to adding 25 grams of Super Protein to your daily intake without the caloric increase.

I think this would be awesome for someone cutting, or someone on cycle already having increased protein synthesis that would be off the chain. However to really get the major improvements seen with injectable aminos which this has been compared to, you are talking about increasing the dose up into the 15-20 caps a day range. That may seem expensive to the average consumer at that dose but would still be very cheap compared to injectable aminos.

ModernLats

Awards
Do you think its worth using one bottle for a months worth or two bottles a month to actually see results?

I have usp bcaa and humapro but I'm wondering if this would help other products work better then maybe 5 or 8 pills a day would be OK. Just asking, I'm thinking of ordering two more thanks to kleen's convincing posts. I'm currently just at five a a day this and humapro but I could be going to cheap to see results I'm thinking.

Any feedback welcome

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you think its worth using one bottle for a months worth or two bottles a month to actually see results?

I have usp bcaa and humapro but I'm wondering if this would help other products work better then maybe 5 or 8 pills a day would be OK. Just asking, I'm thinking of ordering two more thanks to kleen's convincing posts. I'm currently just at five a a day this and humapro but I could be going to cheap to see results I'm thinking.

Any feedback welcome
In my quest to be honest I can't say for 100% sure however the product write up at the NTBM store states pretty clearly that this also impoves the bioavailability of other protein sources. The Aminogen and Bromelain also help with that as well I believe. SO yes it should make the other aminos you are taking more effective as well.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive looked at Gear and said id have to try a bottle of that. About 3 years ago I was on an amino acid kick and this is all I used (as an experiment at first) for while. Protein Factory Hydrodipeptide = friggin amazing product, Animal Nitro packs = another great product, Leukic = added leucine it actually helped, AST's mirconized glutamine capsules, and last was Creakic simply as a creatine source = okay creatine : (

Anyways, this combo worked excellent. Now last year I experimented with Beverly Intl Mass Tabs, Humapro, Universal liver tabs and saw good results as well. This year I plan on adding Density and replacing Humparo with MAP, keeping the liver tabs and mass tabs. Ill have to try adding in gear as well, how much is it?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That being said Primordial MAP is surely a good product too and could probably be used nicely along side of GEAR well for a nice synergy.
Ultra protein stack. Sounds absurd, expensive and all around unnecessary. Bring. That. ****. ON!

ModernLats

Awards
Ultra protein stack. Sounds absurd, expensive and all around unnecessary. Bring. That. ****. ON!
I'm out of PP's Map but if dosed Map after workout and gear 2 in am 3 pm I would say that would be awesome and not that expensive considering the quality of the protein your getting.

BTW blend your MAP with real fruit and cold water its fantastic.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm out of PP's Map but if dosed Map after workout and gear 2 in am 3 pm I would say that would be awesome and not that expensive considering the quality of the protein your getting.

BTW blend your MAP with real fruit and cold water its fantastic.
I like the way you think and that does sound amazing.
purple wraath is my favorite bcaa/ intra
Purple Wraath is good stuff. However we are talking about advanced protein sources. Both of these sources have higher bioavialability than the BCAAs in Purple Wraath or other general forms of instantized BCAA's. Kind of like average guy pulls up in Honda DX, You pull up in Camaro SS, I pull up in Lamborghini. BCAA's are still powerful and potent, but GEAR is more refined, faster and built to last longer. There is nothing wrong with BCAA's but when it is time for something better then Get into GEAR!!!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
would be interesting if some more reps got in here, I dont know much about either product. i have taken Map before and really liked it but as far as knowledge on protein forms I am baffled myself.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fightback feel free to ask any questions you may have...

Gear goes beyond just simply feeding your muscles some proteins or amino acids. It's loaded with Aminogen and Bromelein, two enzymes which will aid in breaking down protein not only from Gear but whatever else you are eating.

You always wanna take Gear with more protein because it makes any other protein source you take more bioavailable.

The strong catabolism of proteins that Gear offers gives you good anabolism. Plus you get instant gratification of usable protein through the Super Plasma Serum. This is why I say it is different than taking regular ol BCAA pills.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fightback feel free to ask any questions you may have...

Gear goes beyond just simply feeding your muscles some proteins or amino acids. It's loaded with Aminogen and Bromelein, two enzymes which will aid in breaking down protein not only from Gear but whatever else you are eating.

You always wanna take Gear with more protein because it makes any other protein source you take more bioavailable.

The strong catabolism of proteins that Gear offers gives you good anabolism. Plus you get instant gratification of usable protein through the Super Plasma Serum. This is why I say it is different than taking regular ol BCAA pills.
Id say the ideal way to use gear is before you eat a whole food meal. Itll add to the nutrient profile and the digestive enzymes will help break food down for easier and better digestion. Inbetween meals would be good as well, in helping to keep you in positvie nitrogen balance.

MAP is perfect for 1st thing in the morning before/during/after workouts. Its quick absorbing and almost instant delivery into the blood stream make it good for the times I mentioned. I actually think it beats Hydrolyzed whey in terms of speed of absorption. You could drink this as well before meals to add to the anabolic factor of whole food meals.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't wait to use GEAR on this upcoming cut. I love the fact that the Bovine Serum Plasma is larger protein and causes it to say available in the intenstines longer. That makes it the perfect protein for cutting. Even though he mentioned it was an isolate don't think if it as quickly being used up the cool part is how long after you take it that protein is still available to be used. That is what makes it really cool to me. Now if really working toward gaining I would try to take 2-3 caps with every meal while on a DS or something like Sub-Ecdy.
Well, Kleen when you put it like that, it sounds like a great way to use GEAR. I have used a lot of NTBM products, but this is one I haven't yet. I have been trying to think of when I might throw Gear into the mix, and I think you might have answered it. I'll be picking up some of this stuff to use for sure when I get done bulking and go into my cut.:D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chocolate Milk, I was pretty sure it was those two that made the protein more effective, just not how they did it. Thanks for filling in the blanks!

Rulk22 nice post. I like hearing ideas where synergy is the goal.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ive looked at Gear and said id have to try a bottle of that. About 3 years ago I was on an amino acid kick and this is all I used (as an experiment at first) for while. Protein Factory Hydrodipeptide = friggin amazing product, Animal Nitro packs = another great product, Leukic = added leucine it actually helped, AST's mirconized glutamine capsules, and last was Creakic simply as a creatine source = okay creatine : (

Anyways, this combo worked excellent. Now last year I experimented with Beverly Intl Mass Tabs, Humapro, Universal liver tabs and saw good results as well. This year I plan on adding Density and replacing Humparo with MAP, keeping the liver tabs and mass tabs. Ill have to try adding in gear as well, how much is it?
Sorry I missed this earlier it is $36.95 right now at Nutra Planet http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/need-to-build-muscle/gear-200-capsules.html

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

nerdalert

Awards
I love using Gear, I can carry it with me a pop and a few when I can't get in a meal. It is one of my favorites from NTBM.

JW390898

JW390898

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys.

Still not entirely sure what would be the best use for this for me - whether to use it soley pre and pos workout to obtain the best from my nutrition at these critical times (this is what is on the label I believe?)

or to use it more for improving the nutritional value of meals that would otherwise not be so great - cant afford to use it all the time unfortunately :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I guess I am just kind of skeptical. I dont know at what doses that stuff is effective and I have always been kind of leary about capsule form BCAA and Protein. Are there any logs on this?
I was going to say I would start trying to locate one here but Milas provided a link. I will look around and see if I can find one or two others. It is really more of a staple/ support supp so probably not many solo logs of it.
Really enjoyed my run with it. I dosed high, but I have to do that on everything from stims, to creatine nitrate to PH/DS.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/160666-dynamic-anabolic-duo.html
Thanks Milas!
Thanks for the replies guys.

Still not entirely sure what would be the best use for this for me - whether to use it soley pre and pos workout to obtain the best from my nutrition at these critical times (this is what is on the label I believe?)

or to use it more for improving the nutritional value of meals that would otherwise not be so great - cant afford to use it all the time unfortunately :)
Well if money is the concern and you feel your diet is already in pretty good shape then I would opt for the pre and post dose only. However perhaps a dose of 4 caps with your final meal in the evening could help prevent catabolism while still not using as much as if you took throughout the day. For best results 10-15 per day is recommended and this would put you right at 12 caps. If I were to limit it to 8 caps a day I would maybe take 3 pre and 3 post and 2 with my final meal instead of a straight 4 pre and 4 post. However that is just how I think.

JW390898

JW390898

Awards
I was going to say I would start trying to locate one here but Milas provided a link. I will look around and see if I can find one or two others. It is really more of a staple/ support supp so probably not many solo logs of it.

Thanks Milas!

Well if money is the concern and you feel your diet is already in pretty good shape then I would opt for the pre and post dose only. However perhaps a dose of 4 caps with your final meal in the evening could help prevent catabolism while still not using as much as if you took throughout the day. For best results 10-15 per day is recommended and this would put you right at 12 caps. If I were to limit it to 8 caps a day I would maybe take 3 pre and 3 post and 2 with my final meal instead of a straight 4 pre and 4 post. However that is just how I think.

Thanks Kleen.

I think I will try your 8 cap method 3,3 and 2.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning on running gear at about 10 caps per day for two months while I run the paleo diet during my PCT and afterwards. It will probably be with the last two meals that I eat, since they are generally some of the lighter meals I consume.

Kleen, awesome posting in this thread brother! I like the way you think and if I could afford 15 caps a day, I'd be doing it believe me.

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather go for some bulk Super Plasma Protein instead since I've already used that gave some great results. 15g a day was real nice :)

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd rather go for some bulk Super Plasma Protein instead since I've already used that gave some great results. 15g a day was real nice :)
Super Plasma Protein is pretty good. But I don't think it alone will do everything Gear does. I was thinking about adding SPP when I use Gear again.

A good 45 day program for muscle preservation on a cut or during PCT to stave of catabolism would be:

Pre-Workout: 2 caps Gear, 5 g SPP, Pre-WO shake.

Post-Workout: 3 caps Gear, 5 g SPP, Post-WO shake or MEAL.

Hell yeah :afro:

Mike Conley

Awards
When is best to take this product on a cutting diet? As opposed to a bulking diet? More with a bulking or keep high amounts on both? Thanks for any answers.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When is best to take this product on a cutting diet? As opposed to a bulking diet? More with a bulking or keep high amounts on both? Thanks for any answers.
First I think the question needs to be qualified by the question, "When are you training?". Training time would be a major consideration here. If you are training in the AM fasted then I would think that pre and possibly post workout. Of course how much post would also be considered regarding how much and what other type of proteins are eaten directly after the lift.

If following something like a lean gains approach then 2-3 before and 4 after, then wait for the meal to break the fast about 4 hours later.

If trying to lose as much fat as possible with only muscle retension being the consideration and not cost I would say 3 caps with each meal hitting your 15 caps for the day. Same as I would suggest for major bulking.

If trying to keep cost moderate and still get the most bang for your buck whether dieting or not I think that anything in between 3,3,3 & 4,4,4 would be good. By that I mean 3 pre workout 3 post workout and 3 pre bed, or 4,3,3 for 10 caps a day. I understand there is a bigger anabolic punch around the training. I also know that protein synthesis is highest starting around 6-18 post exercise. On top of this catabolism is more likely to happen in times of fasting IE when asleep so ingesting the SPP with some casien protein would be ideal to prevent catabolism overnight. As long as more BCAAs are taken around the actual workout the improvment in bioavailability from the Gear should more than be enough to keep the post workout window anabolically charged.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree totally with what you are saying.
First thing I do when I wake up is my spray ghnerate than 20 min later 4 caps of gear than shower than breakfast.
Before I workout I take 4 caps and post workout 4 caps too.

First I think the question needs to be qualified by the question, "When are you training?". Training time would be a major consideration here. If you are training in the AM fasted then I would think that pre and possibly post workout. Of course how much post would also be considered regarding how much and what other type of proteins are eaten directly after the lift.

If following something like a lean gains approach then 2-3 before and 4 after, then wait for the meal to break the fast about 4 hours later.

If trying to lose as much fat as possible with only muscle retension being the consideration and not cost I would say 3 caps with each meal hitting your 15 caps for the day. Same as I would suggest for major bulking.

If trying to keep cost moderate and still get the most bang for your buck whether dieting or not I think that anything in between 3,3,3 & 4,4,4 would be good. By that I mean 3 pre workout 3 post workout and 3 pre bed, or 4,3,3 for 10 caps a day. I understand there is a bigger anabolic punch around the training. I also know that protein synthesis is highest starting around 6-18 post exercise. On top of this catabolism is more likely to happen in times of fasting IE when asleep so ingesting the SPP with some casien protein would be ideal to prevent catabolism overnight. As long as more BCAAs are taken around the actual workout the improvment in bioavailability from the Gear should more than be enough to keep the post workout window anabolically charged.

Unclebuck

Awards
People please wake up. Especially you younger folks with limited resources. This is another example of how we lose our money to the supplement industry. ( Spend some time reading up on the miracle protein "Progenix" and what happened after the hype. Oh yeah, why isn't everyone using Pink Magic? Where is the muscle building from DAA and it's miniscule rise in testosterone?) These ingredients MAY be beneficial in large dosages, but at ten caps a day (what, 40 something dollars with shipping) 20 day supply, this is utter and total B.S. Super Plasma 2.5 grams, hydrolzed caseinate 1 gram? LAUGHABLE....if it wasn't so sad. BCAA is bare minimum. As long as we buy this overpriced stuff we will continue to be force fed overpriced stuff.

PathOfRage

Awards
People please wake up. Especially you younger folks with limited resources. This is another example of how we lose our money to the supplement industry. ( Spend some time reading up on the miracle protein "Progenix" and what happened after the hype. Oh yeah, why isn't everyone using Pink Magic? Where is the muscle building from DAA and it's miniscule rise in testosterone?) These ingredients MAY be beneficial in large dosages, but at ten caps a day (what, 40 something dollars with shipping) 20 day supply, this is utter and total B.S. Super Plasma 2.5 grams, hydrolzed caseinate 1 gram? LAUGHABLE....if it wasn't so sad. BCAA is bare minimum. As long as we buy this overpriced stuff we will continue to be force fed overpriced stuff.
:clap2:

GREAT POST!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not true. Plus 3 grams of leucine is all it takes per hour anyway.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried gear, but I have been very happy with adding map to my post workout shake, map+bcaa+gatorade powder+waxy maize, 30-45 minutes later whey and complex carbs, recovery is at an all time high for me right now. Although capsule form dose seem easy for on the go dosing, but just not sure I'd get enough out of only a few capsules, just my opinion though.

Unclebuck

Awards
It looks like map is a pretty decent value.You can also get regular Peptopro for around $33.00 for 45 servings at 9 grams per. Hateful one, I like your mix. Have you thought about adding a little more of everything and then drinking half before and half immediately after?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just curious...as a huge BI fan, how do you guys think this compares to Mass Aminos (which I love btw)?

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
It looks like map is a pretty decent value.You can also get regular Peptopro for around $33.00 for 45 servings at 9 grams per. Hateful one, I like your mix. Have you thought about adding a little more of everything and then drinking half before and half immediately after?
I've considered it, usually pre workout I do a whey and complex carb source about 60-90 minutes preworkout, then about 30 minutes preworkout I will do half a scoop of map/ibcaa's with some waxy maize, along with any other preworkout energy supps I may wish, that usually does it for me. That is a good price for the peptopro, but I will say that map tastes fairly good, and for peptopro it tastes phenomenal. I just got some on sale so I'm happy but I have ran out of the map before and didn't buy it right away, I try to wait for sales with it. But when it is on sale I try to stock up, would I buy it every month at the regular price, not every month, maybe every other, but when it is on sale I will buy 3-4 tubs at a time.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just curious...as a huge BI fan, how do you guys think this compares to Mass Aminos (which I love btw)?
Hey AE, they have quite a few differences...

For one thing, I believe MA does not contain Super Plasma Protein and GEAR does.

GEAR has a big chunk of L-Leucine at 1.6g, while MA has only .42g

GEAR has a 1.2 g of L-Valine, while MA has only .27g

GEAR has a 1.4 g of L-Isoleucine, while MA has only .25g

Both have Hydrolyzed Caseinate I believe.

Mass Aminos have a big profile for amino acids, but I believe one can get a variety of aminos through a wholesome diet and what the profile of GEAR lacks in variety, it makes up for with the huge chunks of aminos and better digestion through Aminogen and Bromelain.

Look at at this way, MA was designed as protein to be incorporated into your diet, and GEAR was designed to enhance ones protein diet through extra bio availability of your meals due to the digestive enzymes in GEAR--not to mention it will still add those big chunks of Aminos and a ready usable Super Plasma Protein which the body will use up right away.

Hope that helps AE :D

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For everyone who is comparing MAP to GEAR...

GEAR & MAP are really designed to perform in different areas. MAP is designed to add protein to your diet mostly, and GEAR is designed to enhance your protein diet through extra bio-availability.

MAP looks like some good stuff. It has a total of 10g of protein in in amino acid form.

GEAR is also some awesome stuff. It has a total of 7.8 g of protein, not to mention Super Plasma Protein, & Digestive enzymes. In reality, you are getting way more than 7.8g of protein through a serving of GEAR due to most of the protein being in amino acid form, SPP is digested easily and used up right away, and not to mention the digestive enzymes which help immensely in digestion. GEAR is very versatile, and can be taken around with you anywhere and taken anytime to enhance meals.

ModernLats

Awards

GEAR & MAP are really designed to perform in different areas. MAP is designed to add protein to your diet mostly, and GEAR is designed to enhance your protein diet through extra bio-availability.

MAP looks like some good stuff. It has a total of 10g of protein in in amino acid form.

GEAR is also some awesome stuff. It has a total of 7.8 g of protein, not to mention Super Plasma Protein, & Digestive enzymes. In reality, you are getting way more than 7.8g of protein through a serving of GEAR due to most of the protein being in amino acid form, SPP is digested easily and used up right away, and not to mention the digestive enzymes which help immensely in digestion. GEAR is very versatile, and can be taken around with you anywhere and taken anytime to enhance meals.
You and kleen are killing it man Great posts by the both of you.

My primary goal for trying this and humapro was to stop having to drinks shakes and getting powder everywhere and so far they both have not disappointed me yet. What I have noticed since using higher quality supplements now is almost mind blowing if your still using cheaper supps and thinking there is no difference give this a try at the correct dose and take before and after pictures as you will be amazed.

There is another product out I think has a profile much better then MAP so if I can think of the name I'll post a link to it later. By the way comparing MAP to gear is damn near Apples to Oranges MAP is just faster absorbed protein while Super Plasma/Gear is Protein on steroids as I call it and I would use both, if you cannot afford both buy them in bulk and reap the benefits.

Love gear. Easy to use easy to take and carry around. Simple product which will soon be upgraded. I take it inbetween meals and pre and post workout too.
I've seen you say this before I believe, what do you mean by upgraded? Did they post something on their site or board about this? Side note I'll never forget the picture of you in the top hat that was pure comedy

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks for adding that bit of info CM:)

From the looks of things MAP & GEAR are both top notch products that GEAR may have an edge in the area of making your own digested protein more useful, which would be very beneficial in a cut when cals are down and protein intake is less than on a bulk.

In a calorie defecit I want to make the cals I take in count!

Just to think of how great Need2slin and GEAR would be together:shocked:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can't tell you what's in the new gear 2.0. We will know very shortly.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The nice thing about gear is the fact that it's Anabolics in a bottle and as long as you have accesses to liquids it's super portable and descreat.

I take gear but I also take power shock and modern bcaa. Been doing this for a while now. You ask me why power shock and modern bcaa. It forces me to drink water. Other than my work out I don't drink much water so this give me a reason.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
To JW (the OP)

This is a great question first of all, it shows you're steadily traveling down 'the right track' in constructing a well planned supplement regimen to compliment your training and nutrition protocol. GEAR, as I've come to know it through research, correspondence with other users, and personal experience, is a worthy and necessitated addition to any athlete's armory, because as described in the write-up it allows your heightened protein intake to be used more EFFICIENTLY.

That facet of it's method of action is my favorite part of the write-up on NTBM's website, because it explains in layman's terms both the specific function of GEAR, as well as it's ability to differentiate itself as a product versus the vast collective of mere amino acid supplements that exist.

To answer your question, it would be unfair and perhaps impossible to compare GEAR to traditional amino acid supplements, not only because GEAR is superior, but I also want to explain amino acids cannot and should not be eliminated or dismissed as beneficial adjuncts to any training regimen. GEAR doesn't replace amino acids, not by a long stretch, what it does is AMPLIFY their (along with protein comprised of the full spectrum of amino acids) retention throughout the body by elevating nitrogen retention and subsequently staving off catabolism.

In my short-lived experiences (under a month, thus far) during my maiden voyage with BRIDGE, I have been dosing @ 3 caps prior to either breakfast, or my pre-workout meal, along with my final meal of the day. This, in effect, creates a duality of advantage: 1) Creates a strong safety net of anabolism that promotes muscular endurance and a prolonged prodigious pump while training, AND 2) Sustains whole body nitrogen retention revolving around the day's two most protein-rich meals (dynamically enhancing the protein assimilation and anabolic yield).

GO GET EM!

If you have any questions about what I wrote, please feel more than free to PM me, or post your question here so we can all continue to share and learn.

:) -Out

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice "outstanding" writeup there:)

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
If you have any questions about what I wrote, please feel more than free to PM me, or post your question here so we can all continue to share and learn.

:) -Out
You use 6 caps a day?

How long have you done this?