Arimidex - now what??

cheezscott

Awards
got blood work done and my T was slightly low but my E is high. Doc wrote me a script for Arimidex. Ive had a really hard time cutting. My questions are what can I expect being on this? And can I take a NO, BCAA, or Fat Burner still. Thanks for the help.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
lol you should have asked the doctor who prescribed it to you what it does and what sides come along with it. lmao... just plain hilarious.. while at the doctor you just take it and leave.. then come here asking questions. We are not doctors. Use some sense man.

You can expect your estrogen to lower. Yes you can take your supps with it.

cheezscott

Awards
Im glad you got hilarity out of this. a doctor doesn't hand out drugs those people are called pharmacist. Went to the doc, got blood work done, he wrote the the script friday. I picked it up at Walgreens today and am scheduled to talk to him on Monday. Is that sensical enough for you???

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I probably would of tried something OTC first like Erase or Triazole unless E2 numbers were ridiculously, stupid high.

cheezscott

Awards
why is that? Dont you think a script would be the most powerful compared to an OTC

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
why is that? Dont you think a script would be the most powerful compared to an OTC
It might be more powerful, but more is not always better and there can be some sides with Arimidex. Just sharing your options bro...

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Man, we could go back and forth on this all day. But I'll try to keep my posts to helpful information, but I will say this. The next time a gd Doctor prescribes you medication.. have the common sense to ask him about it will ya.

Yes Arimidex is going to be a little stronger than an otc. Plus alot of otc have other additional effects as well. What did you have tests done for. Have you cycled, have you taken supps, these questions could help to determine what made your estro high. How old are you.

It sounds like you have some serious reservations for this prescription. The drug is fine, as a matter of fact alot of people who cycle use it but have to get it through other sources. You were actually given a script for it, yay for you. What was the recommended dosage you were given. Generally its .25-.5g eod when your on cycle. I do know that docs do usually prescribe like .5-1mg per day from what I understand.

cheezscott

Awards
Thanks Pipes. Im 40 and had Chemo as a 4yr old hence the high E and low T and my wifes 44, so kids not an option. I fell so so. The main goal is to lose that problem BF, improve my physique and feel a little better(less sluggish) I dont know if ADex or TRT is the better vehicle to get there...

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
There actually is a guy right now on TRT, and I forget who it is or what thread I saw him post in. I don't have any knowledge on it so I would be no use there. You could just run with this adex and pick up a test booster, there are plenty around. I would say try the tcf-1 I've heard great great things about it. I have that actually in my upcoming pct.

Also do you still have the numbers for your estradiol and testosterone serum?

On the TRT side, I would start a new thread with TRT in the title and you might be able to grab those who know more about it in that thread to give some info on it.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Oh, side note, you did say you wanted to reduce bf. You cant spot reduce so losing just the abdomen area wont really happen lol. However I would suggest another alternative to the adex.. get some Erase. Not only is it a potent AI to help with your estro, but it has some very nice fat loss characteristics, like cortisol control. I love the stuff, it really leans you out.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
got blood work done and my T was slightly low but my E is high. Doc wrote me a script for Arimidex. Ive had a really hard time cutting. My questions are what can I expect being on this? And can I take a NO, BCAA, or Fat Burner still. Thanks for the help.
Just run the a'dex as prescribed by your doctor. It is going to do a very good job of lowering your estro. You will lose a bit of water weight and bloat and have a cleaner, lighter feel to yourself. TRT could also be beneficial, but remember, raised test will mean raised estrogen. If you plan on being on an ai for a while, I'd suggest aromasin over anastrozole. It has less of a negative effect on your lipids over a lengthy period of time, does just as good of a job lowering E and has a great ability to lower SHBG.

To answer your other question, yes, you can take all of your normal supps with the a'dex.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just run the a'dex as prescribed by your doctor. It is going to do a very good job of lowering your estro. You will lose a bit of water weight and bloat and have a cleaner, lighter feel to yourself. TRT could also be beneficial, but remember, raised test will mean raised estrogen. If you plan on being on an ai for a while, I'd suggest aromasin over anastrozole. It has less of a negative effect on your lipids over a lengthy period of time, does just as good of a job lowering E and has a great ability to lower SHBG.

To answer your other question, yes, you can take all of your normal supps with the a'dex.
Agreed 100%.. solid post.