R-ALA and confusion? - AnabolicMinds.com

R-ALA and confusion?

  1. New Member
    MeanOLMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    164

    Reputation

    R-ALA and confusion?


    Alright, After ordering some R-ALA since Im using topical yohimbine and carb cycling, followed by weekly refeeds I figured this nice supp would allow some low/stable insulin levels during refeeds and what not. Well, after reading a few other boards Ive noticed some mods stating the effects of lowering glycogen synthesis and also that sure it lowers insulin and disposes of glucose, but nothing is conclusive that its not going to adipose to make you fatter! Stating just like insulin, it can make you fat as well? Well that alarms the **** outta me considering I bought some so for anyone that can share some results or spare some knowledge on this subject please feel free. Also, suppose its true that it does dispose of glucose in unfavorabe cells, what would be the most beneficial day to use such a supplement considering im carb cycling (high day) (low) or No day)? I was thinking the opposite of most people and maybe using it on my No carb days to ensure even lower insulin activity and tap into fat cells even more? Thanks fellas.

  2. New Member
    the_destroyer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    153

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanOLMan
    Alright, After ordering some R-ALA since Im using topical yohimbine and carb cycling, followed by weekly refeeds I figured this nice supp would allow some low/stable insulin levels during refeeds and what not. Well, after reading a few other boards Ive noticed some mods stating the effects of lowering glycogen synthesis and also that sure it lowers insulin and disposes of glucose, but nothing is conclusive that its not going to adipose to make you fatter! Stating just like insulin, it can make you fat as well? Well that alarms the **** outta me considering I bought some so for anyone that can share some results or spare some knowledge on this subject please feel free. Also, suppose its true that it does dispose of glucose in unfavorabe cells, what would be the most beneficial day to use such a supplement considering im carb cycling (high day) (low) or No day)? I was thinking the opposite of most people and maybe using it on my No carb days to ensure even lower insulin activity and tap into fat cells even more? Thanks fellas.
    It acts as both a mimetic and sensitizer depending on what tissue you are talking about and what kind of meatoblic state.

    It is best taken with meals that have carbs in them. Fat content is fairly irealevent.
  3. New Member
    MeanOLMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    164

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by the_destroyer55
    It acts as both a mimetic and sensitizer depending on what tissue you are talking about and what kind of meatoblic state.

    It is best taken with meals that have carbs in them. Fat content is fairly irealevent.
    Jweave, Manbeast, Bobo, do you fellas take R-Ala and have you noticed favorable results? vascularity, lean ness, no glucose uptake in adipose? Just want some feedback from some experienced people. Any comments on my initial questions? thanks.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jweave23's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    1452

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanOLMan
    Jweave, Manbeast, Bobo, do you fellas take R-Ala and have you noticed favorable results? vascularity, lean ness, no glucose uptake in adipose? Just want some feedback from some experienced people. Any comments on my initial questions? thanks.
    I've been taking R-ALA for almost over a year now. I used to take it mainly for glucose disposal and use about 800-1000mg daily (split between meals). I gathered after sometime that it won't necessarily have a very tangible effect on body composition, but rather be used to set up a good base as an anti-oxident with potential for stable insulin levels, at least that's the way I look at it. I now use about 400-600 mg
  5. Dan
    Dan is offline
    New Member
    Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    193

    Reputation

    I've read a ton of stuff on ALA and I'm still a bit confused, does it actually lower insulin levels (which wouldn't be good when trying to grow) or act like insulin, or both? I realize that its a great anti-ox, but I still don't understand if it would be beneficial for bulking or not.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. R-ALA and liver
    By Buc4Life04 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 05:43 PM
  2. R-ALA and females???
    By DieTrying in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 05:19 PM
  3. ala and cla for bulking??
    By poseidon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 12:37 PM
  4. r-ala and Yohimbine hcl
    By Balsam in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:38 AM
  5. Best prices on ALA and CLA? Where have you found them??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in