Green Tea = BAT fat loss

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Decaffeinated green tea was all the rage years ago, for its ability to impart a thermo effect via BAT (brown adipose tissue), and other "typical" pathways. It's also an effective anti-oxidant and promoted as an anti-carcinogen adding to its healthy profile.

Is this stuff no longer "in vogue" LOL

Arc

Awards
I don't know about anyone else, but I supplement with green tea (in powdered form) everyday.

Its definitely on my top 10 list of essentials, and cheap to use all the time.

Is there any reason not to take/drink it?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No worries, at the very least, it's still a great supplement for a myriad of health benefits.

My question revolves specificially around the alleged BAT-mediated fat loss attributes that were once prominant in tis community but have dissipated to a large degree.

I want to know why this is.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it's more that it's simply become a staple in my people's regimes. The novelty of it has died down, but certainly not its use. I've used both NP's EGCG and PP's Green Tea caps on an almost daily basis for years.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I know personally when i drank at least 3 or more cups per day i stayed leaner. One day, I was at a chinese place eating food and there was some green tea leaves on the plate of tea they gave me. I rubbed my greasy fingers on the leaves,and it soaked up all the grease from my fingers.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks peeps

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
also a big fan of green tea, i've used green tea along with some raspberry ketones for extra flavor...pretty good

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also a big fan of green tea, i've used green tea along with some raspberry ketones for extra flavor...pretty good
do you use the bulk rasberry ketones from NP? Does it taste like Rasberry? If so I might have to start making me pitchers of green tea and rasberry ketones!!!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
do you use the bulk rasberry ketones from NP? Does it taste like Rasberry? If so I might have to start making me pitchers of green tea and rasberry ketones!!!
i doubt it tastes like raspberries, but i have some pills that have ketones in them and when i burp and the powder comes up it is a pleasant taste and they smell good... but not like raspberries lol

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i doubt it tastes like raspberries, but i have some pills that have ketones in them and when i burp and the powder comes up it is a pleasant taste and they smell good... but not like raspberries lol
Hmmm I have a small amount of the rasberry ketone powder that I used in a topical solution before and I also have some bulk green tea (egcg) from NP that I was gonna cap because I wasnt sure how it tasted and I have tons of empty caps.. but now I am thinking I might try and make a pitcher of "rasberry ketone green tea". It would be awesome if it came out tasting good

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm I have a small amount of the rasberry ketone powder that I used in a topical solution before and I also have some bulk green tea (egcg) from NP that I was gonna cap because I wasnt sure how it tasted and I have tons of empty caps.. but now I am thinking I might try and make a pitcher of "rasberry ketone green tea". It would be awesome if it came out tasting good
haha try it and let me know how it tastes =D raspberry green tea sounds delicious

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
The Nutra cap EGCG and the bulk powder is OOS.

I have no problem capping stuff myself, but I hate having to pay a more than the 10.00 for 100 caps and nutra apparently is no longer carrying the bulk powder.

I don't necessarily use it for fat loss, but it is the BEST stuff for when I have a cold or infection. It puts those things on hold usually within hours of my first dose. I find it invaluable for that fact alone.

I found 1 site online that offers about a 45% EGCG bulk extract. Another online site I used to grab some bulk powders from no longer sells bulk powders, which was exactly what their name says they sell. This just has me wondering if there is something coming down from the damn FDA that is putting bulk powder sales out of business. I mean I can no longer get freaking a capping kit. ARGH! Sorry for ranting. Wanted to pick some of this up from Nutra at their sale, but apparently is no longer available.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yes i use the bulk from NP....it's not a really strong raspberry flavor but it's def noticeable

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
No worries, at the very least, it's still a great supplement for a myriad of health benefits.

My question revolves specificially around the alleged BAT-mediated fat loss attributes that were once prominant in tis community but have dissipated to a large degree.

I want to know why this is.
More than likely, the majority of people drank the green tea and kept the same crappy diet with little to no exercise, failed to lose weight, and called it BS.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink exactly 32oz of very strongly brewed green tea every day, and I have done so for years now.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been supplementing with the nutra GTE pills for about 2 years now usually 1 to 2 a day and so far I have not gotten sick since i started 2 years ago. I used to get sick a lot.
I will take this stuff the rest of my life

imjuschillin

Awards
Good thread, topical to me right now.

I'm starting to plan my "lean down" phase for about April or so already. I started buying my supps for then. I got a fat burner and some Ephedrine and caffeine (EC stack) I was debating adding Green tea in there too, for the very reasons the OP listed in the first post. So, now I've decided for sure I will.

I bet I can find this stuff at Bulk Barn...?