starting recompadrol, question...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning on starting a bottle of recompadrol on monday. Currently doing a recomp. I'm not going to be dosing this with every meal throughout the day, or 3 meals. I'm only going to be dosing it once a day, PWO, with my high carb meal. This being the case, one or two pills for this dose?

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Dose according to carb content. If it will be over 60 then do 2 pills. If under use 1. I am not aware of anyone using higher doses, if they are and seeing success with then I hope they chime in. I havn't tried that though because it has VS in it.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know what the half life of recompadrol is? If I take two before a PWO meal, will I still get some of the benefits of it for the next like 4-6 hours or so?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
So I took two of these today before my PWO meal, which was 70g of complex, 30g dex, and I experienced some low blood sugar afterwards. Is this normal? I thought 100g of carbs was plenty for 2x dose of recompadrol, no?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why in the world would you not take it all day long on a recomp? I could see if you were bulking, then only pwo, but you are recomping. I would rethink this.

Mike

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
When I've run Recompadrol it has been 1 cap for below 50g CHO, 2 caps for above 50g CHO, and on certain occasions when I ate a bunch of CHO (130+g) I would take 3 caps.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
Why in the world would you not take it all day long on a recomp? I could see if you were bulking, then only pwo, but you are recomping. I would rethink this.

Mike
so then if you were taking this supplement with a goal of recomping, how would you personally take it? Thanks bra!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Personally I only use recompadrol if i dont get enough sleep, since insulin resistence goes up even after one night of bad sleep...but for the goal of recomp, use it with any meals over 30g carbs would be the wiser choice to help keep insulin levels low

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
any concerns with taking recompadrol while on EC?

DeanRS57

Awards
any concerns with taking recompadrol while on EC?
I have heard ancedotally that ephedrine can cause some insulin resistance, so perhaps Recompadrol would be a good way to combat that while still getting the muscle sparing effects of EC.

I also wonder if adding a few other things would be overkill, like cinnulin or ALA.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard ancedotally that ephedrine can cause some insulin resistance, so perhaps Recompadrol would be a good way to combat that while still getting the muscle sparing effects of EC.

I also wonder if adding a few other things would be overkill, like cinnulin or ALA.
use ALA but careful if you on low carb this combo will cause your glucose levels drop too much

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
I will start soon this combo :D
well hell if you're gonna do recompadrol/EC and aren't worried then I guess that's the answer that I'm looking for. Will start the combo as well.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i would imagine that the combo if Recompadrol plus EC would be more benifical then determinal. At and for the purpose of recomp i would use it with any meal of over 30g carbs to keep insulin levels low and glut4 up

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
use ALA but careful if you on low carb this combo will cause your glucose levels drop too much
I'm huge into nutrient partitioners. Just got a bunch from the NP sale. I have,

Slin Sane
Na-Rala
Recompadrol

I am using 1 recompadrol + 150mg Na-ala before my carb meals, 1 recompadrol 3X day inbetween meals, and 1 slin sane before bed. I've used that protocol before and loved it, especially on low carbs to stay close to ketosis since I like to push my body into ketosis at random times of the day.