Shaklee Vitamins?

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Shaklee Vitamins?

My girlfriend has started taking Shaklee Vitmains (she gets two months worth for $20, which isn't a bad price).

Anyhow, I'm considering switching, based on their claims of greater absorption, faster dissolving, better, more natural ingredients, etc. I'm just not totally sold on their marketing games.

Here's my question-->has anyone here seen a third-party study that shows Shaklee is superior...I mean, I know a lot of companies don't meet label claims...but Shaklee makes it sound like every OTC multi doesn't do a thing...I'm trying to figure out if I'll get double the efficacy, since it costs more than double what I pay for my generic multi.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

It is my understanding that vitamins made by companies like Shaklee and Nutrilite (I have taken both) are superior to "regular" vitamins since they come from natural ingredients (are not "chemical" vitamins) and are processed in such a way that they maintain their nutrition. (They process them faster or use cooler temperatures or something along those lines. I do not recall the details.) I have not seen any "third party studies" although they ran a special on Nutrilite on public television recently and it appeared that they are doing their best to produce a quality product.
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. I mean, logically, natural sources seem better...but without a study, it's hard to know. I think the processing argument is probably strongest, as we know certain processes ruin the potency of substances.

The bottom line, for me, is "are these really better, or do they just seem better," the way organic lettuce seems better, even though its got the same nutrient profile?
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Vitamin C Pre-Workout?
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 04:31 PM
  2. Excess Vitamin A Harmful
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 08:54 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 02:50 PM