adaptogens

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was curious if any adaptogens had merit to add to a pre/intra-wo drinks to reduce stress, cortisol, inhance recovery, immune system and energy...thanks guys

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I was curious if any adaptogens had merit to add to a pre/intra-wo drinks to reduce stress, cortisol, inhance recovery, immune system and energy...thanks guys
I have been extensively playing with adaptogens for about a year now, and I believe certain ones do have merit. However, I don't think that adding them into a pre/intra-workout drink would be the ideal. I think doses more evenly spread throughout the day would be more beneficial.

I won't get into any specifics regarding doses or certain ones, because at this point, I'm still playing with it.

And who knows, maybe sometime in the future, you'll see an adaptogen based products from SNS.

:bling:

MrDeadlift

Awards
I also did experiment and explore adaptogens. The one that I did like the most and felt a positive impact was Rhodiola Rosea. The effect does not work out right away like a pre or post, rather you need to keep taking it for it to work and utilize the adaptogen properties so your body can adapt and combat stress. Personally, I was splitting my dose into two, one before the gym and one after workout or before bed time. On off days, I would take a serving during the day and one at night.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I also did experiment and explore adaptogens. The one that I did like the most and felt a positive impact was Rhodiola Rosea. The effect does not work out right away like a pre or post, rather you need to keep taking it for it to work and utilize the adaptogen properties so your body can adapt and combat stress. Personally, I was splitting my dose into two, one before the gym and one after workout or before bed time. On off days, I would take a serving during the day and one at night.
Adaptogens are definitely not an immediate gratification type of product, and I think that's why many companies don't attempt whole adaptogen products, but they do include them into other things. Adaptogens need to be dosed for periods of time that most casual users don't want to wait through to see effects.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im willing to wait i was just curious about ones with merit and if i could dose it around this time

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ecdysterone is an adaptogen(right?), i notice better performance when i take 2-4 ebol and go hit the gym and sip on a bunch of aminos.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure about using them intraworkout, but I use products containing adaptogens pre-training, and I notice a difference - in saying that, it's highly likely that it is because of the TYPE of product that I am using, which is generally for the purposes mentioned above anyway.

If you are going to use adaptogens, definitely dose them 2-3 (~2 is best) times daily.

~Rosie~

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
ecdysterone is an adaptogen(right?), i notice better performance when i take 2-4 ebol and go hit the gym and sip on a bunch of aminos.
Beat me to it! Only use the 99% crystalline EcdyMorph high yield extract though :)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beat me to it! Only use the 99% crystalline EcdyMorph high yield extract though :)
Seems you made a new discover and didn't PM me... We are so fighting!!!

JUST JOKING! I need to be a big boy and start googling on my own :(

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Seems you made a new discover and didn't PM me... We are so fighting!!!

JUST JOKING! I need to be a big boy and start googling on my own :(
Oh no you didn't! (snaps fingers three times with a rubber-esque neck and lips pouted out)

You're right man, I should be on call 24hr per day with your PM inbox on speed dial ;) HAHA! No, it's been a constant evolution for me, and I'm very relieved that I didn't execute on my initial thoughts to purchase low-grade Ecdy in bulk, that would have been a waste of funds and an act in futility.

For me... although nothing has been substantiated in my mind regarding Turkesterone yet, it is either/both of the following ONLY from here on out: EcdyMorph 99% crystalline extract, or True Turk.

More pricey, yeah of course... but, what's a better investment, less money tossed into a flushing toilette or more money spent on stock in Berkshire Hathaway? ;)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh no you didn't! (snaps fingers three times with a rubber-esque neck and lips pouted out)

You're right man, I should be on call 24hr per day with your PM inbox on speed dial ;) HAHA! No, it's been a constant evolution for me, and I'm very relieved that I didn't execute on my initial thoughts to purchase low-grade Ecdy in bulk, that would have been a waste of funds and an act in futility.

For me... although nothing has been substantiated in my mind regarding Turkesterone yet, it is either/both of the following ONLY from here on out: EcdyMorph 99% crystalline extract, or True Turk.

More pricey, yeah of course... but, what's a better investment, less money tossed into a flushing toilette or more money spent on stock in Berkshire Hathaway? ;)
Agreed- now time to find my brand!

Oh and LMAO at the first part of your comment!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Agreed- now time to find my brand!

Oh and LMAO at the first part of your comment!
Right now my vote goes solidly to FREE REIGN by SDN, with a very close 2nd place going to Sirovi HumanaTest :)

PS: WHY these products are so hard to find..... is BEYOND me. Maybe you and I can be some sort of trail blazers, celebrated years in the future as the two men responsible for reinvigorating the Ecdy craze that led to wide spread anabolism!

Nah.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right now my vote goes solidly to FREE REIGN by SDN, with a very close 2nd place going to Sirovi HumanaTest :)

PS: WHY these products are so hard to find..... is BEYOND me. Maybe you and I can be some sort of trail blazers, celebrated years in the future as the two men responsible for reinvigorating the Ecdy craze that led to wide spread anabolism!

Nah.
Lol makes me wanna just buy my own lab and grow the sh!t myself

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Lol makes me wanna just buy my own lab and grow the sh!t myself
All we have to do is apply for about 1,000 certificates and miles of red tape, on top of relocating here...

and we're all set to have our own! Wait... someone else we have to beat once we get there:

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got nothing to top that haha but I do have lots of red tape...

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol geeze^
So what are the best overall adaptogens and what benifits do you guys get from them?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Lol geeze^
So what are the best overall adaptogens and what benifits do you guys get from them?
There are a wide variety of adaptogens that are quite effective. However, what people need to understand when using them is that they will take a while to kick in and for most people they have the patience of a 2 year old so they will most likely not be satisfied. Anyway, I personally always use Rhodiola Rosea, Ashwagandha, and Suma Root. Using those three together makes you feel great and actually helps you performance wise in the gym as well (granted the effects won't be noticeable until after 2 weeks of use). Additionally, some others that should not be forgotten are turmeric (part of the ginger family), cordyceps sinensis, curcumin (part of the ginger family), and ginger as well obviously. Something important to point out...while curcumin and turmeric are related and part of the ginger family they each have individual differences as does ginger by itself. ;)

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Serveral ppl vote this but its to expensive for long term benifits, i like Seans suggestions better thanks man!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bacopa Monnieri 20-50% bacocides extract has Bacosides A & B
Rhodiola Rosea extract 3-15% rosavins 1-3% salidrosides from (russian origin)
Ashwagandha Extract (root and leaves) and at least is standardized to 7-9% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 30-32% oligosaccharides.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Serveral ppl vote this but its to expensive for long term benifits, i like Seans suggestions better thanks man!
No problem man, cost is ALWAYS a concern, I understand! No need to apologize to me, I just always suggest what I believe to be best, without taking any other outside factors into account; since I'm not aware of anyone else's financial standing.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
My vote for best adaptogen...

:)

PS: Here's a hint...
Just for discussion purposes...why do you believe this to be the best adaptogen? In essence, what do YOU personally think makes this particular adaptogen superior to others? Is your reasoning physical health related, physical performance related, mental health related, etc? In essence, I am looking for a good discussion here and what your specific reasoning is. That is all. I look forward to your thoughts...

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Just for discussion purposes...why do you believe this to be the best adaptogen? In essence, what do YOU personally think makes this particular adaptogen superior to others? Is your reasoning physical health related, physical performance related, mental health related, etc? In essence, I am looking for a good discussion here and what your specific reasoning is. That is all. I look forward to your thoughts...

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
Personal experience. I can't really expand above and beyond that statement. I have trained twice a day, like a rabid maddened foaming-at-the-mouth animal, and am still raring to go for session 2 later that night, and jump out of bed the next morning to do it all over again.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Personal experience. I can't really expand above and beyond that statement. I have trained twice a day, like a rabid maddened foaming-at-the-mouth animal, and am still raring to go for session 2 later that night, and jump out of bed the next morning to do it all over again.
In essence, your opinion would be based more on personal experience as it relates to physical performance. Understandable why you would have that opinion...that is the main selling point of Ecdy. However, my personal favorites Rhodiola Rosea, Suma Root (Beta Ecdysterone is found in Suma Root), and Ashwagandha have more overall effects than Beta-Ecdysterone.

Rhodiola Rosea can indirectly enhance physical performance because it can increase your stress tolerance and your physical endurance. As an example, IGF-2 by Applied Nutriceuticals I think is one of the best products that is on the market that gets overlooked simply because it doesn't contain exotic ingredients, but instead uses less ingredients that are in effective doses. Anyway, the superstar ingredient of IGF-2 is Rhodiola Rosea IMO because of its wide ranging effects. From personal experience...IGF-2 is what helped me get over the 400lb bench plateau, but being an experienced user of RR I know that the RR had a big hand in helping me beyond that plateau.

Ashwagandha is something that should not be overlooked when it comes to mental health...the effects that Ashwagandha can have in regard to mood stabilization and stress tolerance make it a potential alternative to mental health related prescription drugs for people with a mental illness.

Suma Root, well this one has many benefits...particularly, since it does contain BE, it can directly enhance physical performance, but more than that it can actually help work as an immune system booster, energy booster (think ginseng like energy), and the endurance boosting effects are great once you have been taking it for a while.

As a side note...these are three herbs I use when on cycle because they help me stay calm and always in a positive sense of well-being. I am more of an aggressive-dominant type of personality so when on cycle I definitely do have more of a tendency to have more of an edge, but if I use those herbs I have no problems and they seem to make my cycles go as smooth as anyone could hope for. :)

The key thing to understand about these herbs is that they all may have some overlapping benefits to them, but the difference is...each of them have stronger effects in certain areas.

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I like the second choice since it doesn't hide the amount of ecdy in a prop blend.

oustanding- what do you think about the extract in Supreme Sports Enhancements Omnibolic?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I concur....but .....WHO has tried either of these and has anyone had good results?

This thread is getting confusing LOL

I'm an ECD whore (love the stuff) but now, I have no clue WHICH direction to go down next.

1. index
2. Tonvara 100% Genuine Turkesterone From Uzbekistan (thanks JF ;) )
3. FREE REIGN by SDN (I hate proprietary blends :rolleyes: )
4. Sirovi HumanaTest (never heard of them so there's the trust factor)
5. LG ecdy(In general, they rock, but how do you all feel about their extract?)

LIL HELP DANG IT :spank:........... :p

I like the second choice since it doesn't hide the amount of ecdy in a prop blend.

oustanding- what do you think about the extract in Supreme Sports Enhancements Omnibolic?

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BUMP

Anyone gots info about the amount of Ecdymorph in FREE REIGN by SDN.

OR

What is the user recommended # of caps per day (not the directions on the bottle)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
BUMP

Anyone gots info about the amount of Ecdymorph in FREE REIGN by SDN.

OR

What is the user recommended # of caps per day (not the directions on the bottle)
I was actually able to corner (haha) someone at the SDN booth at the Arnold Classic and ask them. After explaining how another company was thinking of coming out with a pure EcdyMorph capped raw product, and how I really liked the in-house brand from the 'other' website (which was discontinued in September), and that I've been using it for a few months, I DID get an answer. I was told and confirmed by the head representative at the booth that EVERY serving has at least 20mg, which means that's the ratio it shares with the Humanofort. So, it could have more actually, but they wanted to make it clear that FREE REIGN was in fact up to par with or exceeded any competitors products on the market.

They have all new labels and packaging now as well, and I see ROGUE is on Nutra Planet's website. I've always been such a big Ecdy fan, it's a shame my choices all come down to Sirovi, Animal, or SDN... but I can say whole heartily that I am happy I ended up coming across SDN in my searching, because the products and now the people whom I've met, are all top notch.

I like supporting smaller companies, they still care about each individual customer.

PS: Due to the short active life of EcdyMorph, I like to take 2 capsules 3 times a day at the most crucial times, since I also believe EcdyMorph acts as a very powerful nutrient partitioner as well as an adaptogen. Before Breakfast, Training, and Bed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
Supplements 31
Supplements 6
Nootropics 12
halljo Supplements 12