Supps for someone with higher blood pressure looking to lose weight?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone!

It's been a long long time since I last posted here, have been away for quite a while. I am getting back into shape, have worked out for over 4 years, always been consistent but in the past couple of months I have had a little setback and am trying to get back into my prime shape.

Have put my diet back in check, keeping carbs low, protein high, good fats. My strength training has always been there but I slacked some with cardio in the past couple of months, have already put that back in check as well and am doing spinning classes 3x a week now plus some eliptical 15 - 20 mins after my strength training.

Nutrition goes pretty much as follows:

BF: Peanut Butter + Honey + Cinamon on wheat toast
Mid morning: Apple or a Protein Shake
Lunch: Usually consistent of a couple of chicken breasts, sometimes some black beans, or sometimes I make myself a little chili like thing where I have ground turkey with hot sauce and beans
Mid afternoon snack: Protein Shake or Banana and Peanut Butter or a Protein Bar
Dinner: Chicken or some fish

I will toss some pork stir fry here and there too as well as fat free grilled cheeses or maybe some steaks or just a good ol cheeseburger without buns.

Anyways. Long story short: Trying to lean up. Problem is: my blood pressure according to the doctors is a little too high. Part is due to my current above desired weight, part to what used to be a little higher than normal sodium consumption (have since changed to using only No-Salt - a potassium sodium substitute) and just for randomness. So for that the staples of weight management supplements aren't quite available.

So I'm trying to come up with a few supps that may aid in the quest. I am quitting all alcoholic beverages for the time being until I get to where I want to be, not even the weekend beer will no longer be there, and am also going to stick to the diet and a good routine, but was wondering what can help me as far as other supps.

I am taking Life Support, Adam, Fish Oils as of right now just to help lower the blood pressure altogether but wanted to add some weight loss stuff in there too. Thoughts of what would be good? I also maybe was thinking about getting some AI, something on the lines of the 6-Bromoish things or so.

Thanks for all the help, really appreciated.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hawthorn berry? Maybe avoid stims if you get any sort of fat burner to add to your supps list. I'm assuming the hawthorn berry is already in your Life Support though. Wouldn't hurt to add a double dose :)
Also, green tea wouldn't hurt to add, along with magnesium, and calcium. Again, these might be in your Life Support already, I'm too lazy to actually look at the ingredients.

There's my 2 cents.