Liver/blood/full body detox

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys and gals. Merry Christmas to everyone here at AM. On January 1st I want to start the year off with sort of a detox, for blood, liver, full body, colon...sort of everything. I'm not looking to do one of those rapid cleanses, as I really don't see how any of those could work very well. I'm really looking to do something over a period of 4-8 weeks, with 6 being the optimal time frame. I want to incorporate some "cleansing" supplements into this, but will mainly just be really focusing my diet in on this to add much more cleansing vegetables. I want to do this just to get my body back to running at full efficiency, basically since Thanksgiving my diet has been poor and that's putting it mildly. I will list the basic supplements I will be taking during this time frame below, so you have an idea of what to work with.

1. Fish Oils - both from Animal Omega and NP bulk Omega-3's
2. Animal Flex
3. Toco 8
4. Vitamin D3 - NOW Brand
5. Vitamin C
5. Creapure - Primordial Performance
6. Beta Alanine - Primordial Performance and NP bulk
7. NoXidant
8. NOW Adam
9. Valerian Root and ZMA at night
10. Powerfull some nights
11. ALCAR & LCLT
12. Recompadrol & P-Slin
13. Probably about the 4th week in I will start using Prime

Any good recommended supplements to incorporate into a slow, methodic, cleanse for the liver, blood and/or full body?

rob211080

Awards
I'm thinking of doing the same thing i'll probably get SNS liver assist and might even think about getting a colonic.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i'm gonna do the same thing probably week 2 of 2011.(when work settles down!)
i'm gonna try kind of a peudo juice fast thing with some green superfood & v8 & lemon juice cool cayenne etc. maybe a bunch o' fiber at bedtime. best of luck with yours bros.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I read what you said, but Nutra sells a decent colon cleanse that you can use for a couple of days at the start of your program and not be stuck in the bathroom like those harsh blowout cleansing liquids that are out there.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/natural-balance/colon-clenz-60-caps.html

Also, Ive really come to like liv52, I kept reading about it and reading about it, and finally got some, and now its a staple for me from now on. (for full disclosure, so nobody claims Im shilling, I do sell it, but that really is besides the point).

I also like to use psyllium husks caps which really keeps things regular.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/psyllium-caps-200-caps-500-mg.html

And of course, probiotics are great to add, if you can get it, gut health was awesome, theres another brand of KE99 out there, but I dont think I can name it since Nutra doesnt sell it.

Dr.Lang

Dr.Lang

Banned
Awards
Your best bet is to lay off the supps and drink alot of water. Many of the detox programs have been proven to be garbage.

ntornado

Awards
Your best bet is to lay off the supps and drink alot of water. Many of the detox programs have been proven to be garbage.
Yeah I agree. I always thought a detox meant cutting down on supplements and what you put in to your body rather than ramping it up.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I read what you said, but Nutra sells a decent colon cleanse that you can use for a couple of days at the start of your program and not be stuck in the bathroom like those harsh blowout cleansing liquids that are out there.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/natural-balance/colon-clenz-60-caps.html

Also, Ive really come to like liv52, I kept reading about it and reading about it, and finally got some, and now its a staple for me from now on. (for full disclosure, so nobody claims Im shilling, I do sell it, but that really is besides the point).

I also like to use psyllium husks caps which really keeps things regular.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/psyllium-caps-200-caps-500-mg.html

And of course, probiotics are great to add, if you can get it, gut health was awesome, theres another brand of KE99 out there, but I dont think I can name it since Nutra doesnt sell it.
are the psyllum husk caps really worth it? taking a few grams of fiber from that sounds like it wouldnt do much compared to eating a fiber bar or something with 9g in it. or is psyllum husk special?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
are the psyllum husk caps really worth it? taking a few grams of fiber from that sounds like it wouldnt do much compared to eating a fiber bar or something with 9g in it. or is psyllum husk special?
I guess its a matter of choice, I dont care for most bars, and when doing low carb type diets, sometimes I find its harder to get fiber.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I guess its a matter of choice, I dont care for most bars, and when doing low carb type diets, sometimes I find its harder to get fiber.
true, and you avoid the sugar. would work well on a cut, but thats a lot of pills to get a decent amount of fiber.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I agree. I always thought a detox meant cutting down on supplements and what you put in to your body rather than ramping it up.
I definitely hear what you're saying with taking the supps out instead of addition. But the things I'll be adding such as something for my liver and some other things won't be toxic at all. Plus most of the supplements I listed, with the exception of Prime, Powerfull, the BA, and creatine should all help the matter, not "congest" me even more. Would you agree? My water intake is also already high, that won't be changing, just wondering if there were some small tweaks and/or supplements that I could do to make a difference. My friend told me something about first thing upon waking drink a glass of water with a full lemon squeezed into it really gets your kidneys up and running and helps to clean them out. He's not into working out/bodybuilding, but he's very health conscience and is always doing something to clean himself out.

I was looking at Liv52, but also saw a sort of stack from NOW with a blood detoxifier and a liver cleanser as well.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Just seeing now that the same folks who make Liv52 have "Hemocare" as well which would be the same thing as the NOW stack basically. Might have to give those a try. I can always lay off the creatine and BA for the first 4 weeks or so as well.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Every day for the past month I've been mixing the following (1 scoop of each):
-TOCO-8 by Primordial Performance
-Cycle Support (Orange) By AI
-Orange OxiMega Greens by Controlled labs.

I've had good luck in the past with Cycle Support helping with my Cholesterol. I'm going back to the dr. in a month to get retested. I do feel better after taking combo drink and will continue drinking it!