CoQ10 - Ubiquinol and Idebenone - Dosage and Timing

esabet

Awards
Hi;

I heard so much about CoQ10 that I decided to give it a try and add it to my daily supplements.

After some research I also learned that CoQ10 comes in few forms, namely Ubiquinol and Idebenone.

I then came across a thread on this board labeled how much Co-Enzyme Q10 (thread # 122555). In that thread, strategicmove , Post # 15, recommended taking both Ubiquinol and Idebenone.

That post was very appealing to me as the author sounded very knowledgeable. So I went ahead and bought both of the following products: Life Extension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 With Enhanced Mitochondrial Support and PrimaForce Idebenone.

My question is one of dosage and timing.

Each capsule of PrimaForce Idebenone is 180mg and I am taking that AM with some nuts and fish oil supplements.

Then at PM I am taking the Life Extension Ubiquinol with some nuts. These gels are 50mg and, though I have only been taking one, I am deciding to take two of them for a total of 100mg.

Can someone tell me if this is a good regime for taking CoQ10? Should I change it and take both Ubiquinol and Idebenone at the same time? Should I change the dosage?

Thank you in advance.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Idebenone has some cognitive properties to it so I agree with your am dose of it as that would be a beneficial time for most. I can't say about the other questions though I do hope u get the answers your looking for though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can someone tell me if this is a good regime for taking CoQ10? Should I change it and take both Ubiquinol and Idebenone at the same time? Should I change the dosage?

Thank you in advance.
the timing is fine, either splitting it up or taking it together is pretty much the same.

As far as dosage goes, some of it depends on what your goal is from taking it. Overall you are at the moderately high end dosage wise for general health. But I've seen dosing as high as 1000mg / day when idebenone is used for its antidepressive purposes for instance, or if you have severe cholesterol issues.

esabet

Awards
the timing is fine, either splitting it up or taking it together is pretty much the same.

As far as dosage goes, some of it depends on what your goal is from taking it. Overall you are at the moderately high end dosage wise for general health. But I've seen dosing as high as 1000mg / day when idebenone is used for its antidepressive purposes for instance, or if you have severe cholesterol issues.
Well, I also did think that the dosage may be on the high side and that is one reason that I decided to split them up between AM and PM!

Besides, from what I read there are no real side effects, unless I am misinformed there!!

I would have adjusted the dosage but PrimaForce Idebenone comes only in the 180mg size pills. The only control that I have on the total dosage is the Ubiquinol which is 50mg pills but I am not sure if only 50mg of Ubiquinol is enough?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Supplements 29
Royd The Noyd Male Anti-Aging Medicine 0
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Supplements 39