Resveratrol

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
Got a question about this stuff...
I was looking into its benefits and found that it is not only an SERM but an aromatase inhibitor as well. However, i found that it is a strong topoisomerase(an enzyme important in DNA replication) inhibitor. So considering the fact that DNA replicates before mitosis, which muscle cells undergo, could it have a negative effect on muscle growth, or would it be minimal?

greaser

Awards
I was looking into its benefits and found that it is not only an SERM but an aromatase inhibitor as well. However, i found that it is a strong topoisomerase(an enzyme important in DNA replication) inhibitor. So considering the fact that DNA replicates before mitosis, which muscle cells undergo, could it have a negative effect on muscle growth, or would it be minimal?
I'm unaware of there being any studies on its effect on muscle growth one way or the other. However, there have been numerous studies showing that resveratrol is beneficial to overall health (as well as it being a natural SERM), so until a study to the contrary is published, I'd just continue to use it.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a guess on my part but from looking at past logs of Sustain Alpha, id say it has a minimal effect if any at all concerning negative effects on muscle growth. More info on Sustain Alpha wich has Resveratrol