Are you really getting what the label claims???

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I'm not one to start pointless drama threads, and personally I can't stand the supp industry and all the bullsh*t greedy garbage involved. However, I never thought protein powder was something I had to worry about.

I was reading a thread on another more exclusive board, and a industry bulk supplier was venting on how many big name companies cut there protein with dextrose and multidex to bring the cost down, and then lie about the content on the label, and how they have asked him to do it for them bla bla bla.

WTF... I mean I'm not sayin this is true for all or any companies for that manner, but Now I cant help to think when everyone is raving about how good a certain brand tastes, that it's not just loaded up with f*ckin dextrose!

spartan300

Awards
contaminated proteins that contain heavy metals

you can find the list on bb.com. i think consumer reports did a survey to

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oy...

Note to self: stick with whole food.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure in this industry (unregulated). Stick with companies that have consistently created efficacious products in the past and also currently like a Driven Sports for example.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
Damn EAS, been using their whey for like 2 yrs now

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Damn EAS, been using their whey for like 2 yrs now
Yeah, all these companies preach about quality and what not and how crappy "generic" protein is. Then low and behold, one of the cheap ones they sell at Walmart is clean as a whistle.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if the eas myoplex and pure whey are different? I use the 100% whey from Sam's because its cheap, but may be loaded with crap

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
the heavy metal situation is bull**** guys..
There are just as much heavy metals in every other food product you eat.. tap water.. etc.. you cant escape it..

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most the raw supply comes from the same dairy farm and that is why I don't trust most companies and won't use them. This is just the begging of more jacked up companies.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i dont know about my protein powder but my test comes from a pharmacy so i know its solid

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe go with a protein from a company that is GMP certified?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
ON is what i use.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
contaminated proteins that contain heavy metals

you can find the list on bb.com. i think consumer reports did a survey to
And that retarded, biased article has been addressed thousands of times.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Regardless it's so risky now adays I say don't got with small companies we know can't afford to test and hope the huge companies do test there raw supply. I know my post workout shake is tested.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oy...

Note to self: stick with whole food.
Doesn't it suck when u get more or less than what's on the label?

I'd hate to use a product that purposefully mislead people

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
ohhhh SAME! ^^

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
About to get Lipotropic Protein. Should I be scared? It is cheap.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
gaspari REAL MASS????

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I know some people on here like to whats in a supplement every now and then. Maby one of htem would whant to test their favorate protein powder? :)

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Ya I'm not concerned with metals... Lol I drink tap water and I'm on a well. What i do care about is thinking I'm getting 25g of protein when I'm really getting 12g with 13g of dextrose.... Ooooh but it tastes like an Oreo cookie milkshake mixed with toaster strudel

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
How come no one is suing these companies

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am sure it has happend. I know several companies that have been sued for false clames.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Really though. If I wasn't a poor college student I would do it myself. Who out their with a good job whant's to get ther favorate protein tested. You make all your money back when you get to sue!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol i use vitamin shoppe brand whey, i doubt theres is mislabeled, muscle feast looks awsome, and optimum tastes like crap and is so thin i doubt its mislabeled

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
CFM whey should be reliable.

Dante posted that there will be huge shortage in protein powder and that prices will go way up because pepsi and coke has decided to get into the RTD protein drinks and buying the supply market dry. I'm not sure how true that is in he has vested interest in selling his protein and if he is creating a scare so his users would buy more of his product, or if the market will be really affected.

If the story is true, then support companies will either raise prices, or cheat more to stay competitive.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Lol i use vitamin shoppe brand whey, i doubt theres is mislabeled, muscle feast looks awsome, and optimum tastes like crap and is so thin i doubt its mislabeled
Not sure who used to make Vitamin Shoppe whey but the mgr at my local one said it is now being made by Dymatize...How's their reputation?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dymatize had issues in the past, but i believe they are on par with everyone else, i get ti for 30$ for 5lbs, so i couldnt pass it up

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
CFM whey should be reliable.

Dante posted that there will be huge shortage in protein powder and that prices will go way up because pepsi and coke has decided to get into the RTD protein drinks and buying the supply market dry. I'm not sure how true that is in he has vested interest in selling his protein and if he is creating a scare so his users would buy more of his product, or if the market will be really affected.

If the story is true, then support companies will either raise prices, or cheat more to stay competitive.
This could be true if those drinks are a hit. I don't even know if they will be made now, since I don't think that gatorades protein drink was exactly a hit.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
This could be true if those drinks are a hit. I don't even know if they will be made now, since I don't think that gatorades protein drink was exactly a hit.
Interesting. I did not even know Gatorade rolled out protein drink. I would imagine that was their failed market test, glad it failed too

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I did not even know Gatorade rolled out protein drink. I would imagine that was their failed market test, glad it failed too
Deffinately. I think even the average nonsupplement heavy American was still able to figure out that they could do better with a scoop of whey powder for pennies.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Yeah your better off just buying the cheapest whey concentrate you can find. As prices increase, companies will simply dilute more expensive forms of protein, such as isolate, with cheaper whey concentrate, and charge the same price.