AtLarge Nutrition BCAA?

  1. New Member
    tbarrows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    AtLarge Nutrition BCAA?


    Any of you guys use this? It's very affordable but compared to xtend it looks underdosed, also, does the fact that this doesn't include cit mal make a better or lesser product than that of xtend?

    I'm just looking for decently priced, quality BCAA's if anyone knows of any.

  2. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,850
    Rep Power
    155070
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    No cit mal to me is lesser in a way.
    If you want quality and decently priced bcaa go with IBCAA by PP, is ajipure bcaa so it mixes super well and is the highest quality, Ajipure bcaa are the highest tested bcaa on the market, also you can flavor it urself and for some reason Ajipure aminos dont taste as bad as regular BCAA and is quite easy to mask.

    If you want pre-flavored aminos, id go with Purple Wraath. all your EAA's enough leucine for protein synthesis, cit mal, beta-a, ginger...all around great product, OR CORE Nutrition ABC, 10g BCAA, 5g Glutamine, 5g Beta-A, 5g Cit Mal i believe
  3. New Member
    tbarrows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    No cit mal to me is lesser in a way.
    If you want quality and decently priced bcaa go with IBCAA by PP, is ajipure bcaa so it mixes super well and is the highest quality, Ajipure bcaa are the highest tested bcaa on the market, also you can flavor it urself and for some reason Ajipure aminos dont taste as bad as regular BCAA and is quite easy to mask.

    If you want pre-flavored aminos, id go with Purple Wraath. all your EAA's enough leucine for protein synthesis, cit mal, beta-a, ginger...all around great product, OR CORE Nutrition ABC, 10g BCAA, 5g Glutamine, 5g Beta-A, 5g Cit Mal i believe
    Thanks bro, I got in on a few tubs of PP's IBCAA a while back when it was on wheycheap, flavored with some crystal light it was pretty good stuff - might have to give it another go, never tried the Purple Wraath before but I remember hearing the flavor was pretty rank.

    Gave me some good suggestions to consider - thanks, Lou. Repped!
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,850
    Rep Power
    155070
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Controlled Labs redid the flavor of purple wraath, they are on V3 now i believe, the lemonade is quite good for what it is, a supplement
  5. New Member
    tbarrows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Controlled Labs redid the flavor of purple wraath, they are on V3 now i believe, the lemonade is quite good for what it is, a supplement
    for real?! That's great news, that was the only thing ever holding me back before - solid profile. Thanks, Lou!

    What are your thoughts on other intra's like intrabolic of size-on?
  6. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,850
    Rep Power
    155070
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well Intrabolic, what i currently use is the top of the top in terms of intra-work supplimentation. Mostly because you get 15g of Aminos, more then enough,It has whey hydrosalate (sp?) 70-80% di and tri peptides which equals that of peptopro which is 80% di and tri peptides. Also whey hydro has more studies behind and has a better amino acid profile then casien hydro. Not only that but di and tri peptides absorb faster then free form amino acids themselves, there is even some research suggesting that the di and tri peptides help free form aminos to absorb even faster! Next it has electrolytes, 3.2g of beta-alanine! almost the 4g which has soon weight gain and endurence in studies. Not only that but beta-alanine is the second most studied ingredient in sports nutrition today, second to only creatine mono. Then they have 8g of free form EAAs with high levels of leucine, 3g is needed to spike protein synthesis AND all the EAAs are needed to create the best protein synthesis response from leucine which intrabolic has. Also it say 2.5g of leucine per serving but with the whey hydro is actually 3g total. It also requires very little digestion so it reachs the muscles better, also intra-wo amino supplimentation has been shown to increase amino uptake to the target muscles up to 500% i believe. There is more but thats the basics.
    The new size on is not has good as intrabolic in some regards, Its whey hydro is only 50% di and tri peptides, meaning more digestion on your part and more blood to the stomach, not what you want around/during your workout. Next it has no beta-alanine, but does have a matrix of creapure and MCC, which is a very good combo, but if you dont want 4g creatine during your workout then size on doesnt work since you cant adjust it. Also it doesnt have all you free form EAAs it only has 10g 2:1:1 ration bcaa in it for the leucine content. Still good tho. Also the LOLA is to low to matter since i believe several grams was shown to be effective at removing amonia not the 1-2g they, think more like 9g needed. Then the sustamine is to low to since it fall behind some electrolytes, and sustamine needs to be in a 3g serving to really matter. Then they have a carb blend, palantinose is an awsome carb and the main one, however it is 50% fructose and 50% glucose, you could do without the fructose intra-wo, also 38g sugar is harsh and empty calories, id save the carbs for meals but i did notice good effects from the carb version of size on and the repartioning agent works quite well actually, just got bloated from the low grade hydro, slow carbs, and creatine after awhile, the flavor was to much also.
    In the end id give the nod to intrabolic for intra-wo supplementation, everything you need and nothing you dont, the flavoring of wild berry is nice too, personally if price is a factor id go with purple wraath, since its an EAA product and has a nice nootropic effect if you havent tried it, or 1 scoop intrabolic with bulk bcaa.
    Hope this helped
    EDIT:Also Intrabolic and all AEN products are manufactured in GMP certified facilities which are the highest quality standards in supplements, it means whats on the lable is in the bottle pretty much. Also Gaspari does not have this on their products and they had that issue with their myofusion not being 25g per scoop. Idk if this matters to you when picking a supplement but thought i would add it, Controlled Labs is GMP certified as well
  7. New Member
    tbarrows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Well Intrabolic, what i currently use is the top of the top in terms of intra-work supplimentation. Mostly because you get 15g of Aminos, more then enough,It has whey hydrosalate (sp?) 70-80% di and tri peptides which equals that of peptopro which is 80% di and tri peptides. Also whey hydro has more studies behind and has a better amino acid profile then casien hydro. Not only that but di and tri peptides absorb faster then free form amino acids themselves, there is even some research suggesting that the di and tri peptides help free form aminos to absorb even faster! Next it has electrolytes, 3.2g of beta-alanine! almost the 4g which has soon weight gain and endurence in studies. Not only that but beta-alanine is the second most studied ingredient in sports nutrition today, second to only creatine mono. Then they have 8g of free form EAAs with high levels of leucine, 3g is needed to spike protein synthesis AND all the EAAs are needed to create the best protein synthesis response from leucine which intrabolic has. Also it say 2.5g of leucine per serving but with the whey hydro is actually 3g total. It also requires very little digestion so it reachs the muscles better, also intra-wo amino supplimentation has been shown to increase amino uptake to the target muscles up to 500% i believe. There is more but thats the basics.
    The new size on is not has good as intrabolic in some regards, Its whey hydro is only 50% di and tri peptides, meaning more digestion on your part and more blood to the stomach, not what you want around/during your workout. Next it has no beta-alanine, but does have a matrix of creapure and MCC, which is a very good combo, but if you dont want 4g creatine during your workout then size on doesnt work since you cant adjust it. Also it doesnt have all you free form EAAs it only has 10g 2:1:1 ration bcaa in it for the leucine content. Still good tho. Also the LOLA is to low to matter since i believe several grams was shown to be effective at removing amonia not the 1-2g they, think more like 9g needed. Then the sustamine is to low to since it fall behind some electrolytes, and sustamine needs to be in a 3g serving to really matter. Then they have a carb blend, palantinose is an awsome carb and the main one, however it is 50% fructose and 50% glucose, you could do without the fructose intra-wo, also 38g sugar is harsh and empty calories, id save the carbs for meals but i did notice good effects from the carb version of size on and the repartioning agent works quite well actually, just got bloated from the low grade hydro, slow carbs, and creatine after awhile, the flavor was to much also.
    In the end id give the nod to intrabolic for intra-wo supplementation, everything you need and nothing you dont, the flavoring of wild berry is nice too, personally if price is a factor id go with purple wraath, since its an EAA product and has a nice nootropic effect if you havent tried it, or 1 scoop intrabolic with bulk bcaa.
    Hope this helped
    EDIT:Also Intrabolic and all AEN products are manufactured in GMP certified facilities which are the highest quality standards in supplements, it means whats on the lable is in the bottle pretty much. Also Gaspari does not have this on their products and they had that issue with their myofusion not being 25g per scoop. Idk if this matters to you when picking a supplement but thought i would add it, Controlled Labs is GMP certified as well

    wow dude thanks so much for that very informative response!! Reps to you my friend. So now it looks like it's down to intra or purple wraath... I've used intrabolic for a while, always loved it, the wild berry is delicious.. maybe it's time for something different? Or maybe if it aint broke I shouldn't be messing with it. Either way you've given me lots to think about, thanks a lot bro
  8. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,850
    Rep Power
    155070
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Well when do you plan on using the said supplement? and if intra-wo then what is your pre-wo/intra-wo/post-wo routine???
    Purple Wraath is good, If i had a choice id go with Intrabolic during the workout, purple wraath for first thing in the morning and during the day amino acid supplementation. Mostly bc purple wraath lacks one of the EAAs where intra does not. If price truely is an issue id go with purple wraath, its .555* cost per serving (bb dot come price for big tub) where intra is 1.0 cost per serving (bb dot come price).
    Until knowing how you eat/supplement around your workouts i cant tell you which is better yet
  9. New Member
    Ginandtonic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    74236
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    37.11%

    Check out Trueprotein BCAA plus. Very similar to xtend forumla, potentially better.

    15g Serving
    90 servings per container

    4g Ajinomoto L-Leucine
    3g Ajinomoto L-Glutamine
    2g Ajinomoto L-Valine
    2g Ajinomoto L-Isoleucine
    1g Citrulline Malate
    10mg Vitamin B-6

    38$. I don't suggest the fruit punch flavor.
  10. New Member
    tbarrows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Well when do you plan on using the said supplement? and if intra-wo then what is your pre-wo/intra-wo/post-wo routine???
    Purple Wraath is good, If i had a choice id go with Intrabolic during the workout, purple wraath for first thing in the morning and during the day amino acid supplementation. Mostly bc purple wraath lacks one of the EAAs where intra does not. If price truely is an issue id go with purple wraath, its .555* cost per serving (bb dot come price for big tub) where intra is 1.0 cost per serving (bb dot come price).
    Until knowing how you eat/supplement around your workouts i cant tell you which is better yet
    I eat my lunch which consists of chicken breast, sweet potato and either spinach, broccoli or green beans about 1.5 hours before I workout so that's pretty much my pre workout meal... intra I've been using intrabolic for a while when I have the funds for it and post workout usually consists of 1 scoop lipotropic whey, half a banana, 1/2 cup oats and water in shake form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginandtonic View Post
    Check out Trueprotein BCAA plus. Very similar to xtend forumla, potentially better.

    15g Serving
    90 servings per container

    4g Ajinomoto L-Leucine
    3g Ajinomoto L-Glutamine
    2g Ajinomoto L-Valine
    2g Ajinomoto L-Isoleucine
    1g Citrulline Malate
    10mg Vitamin B-6

    38$. I don't suggest the fruit punch flavor.
    Ohh snap very nice, it's got the aji kind amino's too - any reasoning behind the addition of b6?
  11. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122082
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  12. New Member
    tbarrows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    max my man! Glad to see you in here... the MST RPG looks reeaaally solid. Have you used any of these?

    EDIT - why does it say 'not made from human hair' lol? Is that common practice when talking about bcaa/eaa products?!
  13. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,850
    Rep Power
    155070
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    B6 helps aminos absorb
    Also if you are using these aminos intra-wo, then since you've spike blood plasma levels they will stay elevated and lower over the course of two hrs, you plan on having a post-wo shake i would just use 1 scoop of purple wraath or other pre-wo, since protein synthesis will be elevated for 2 hrs OR use purple wraath/intrabolic intra-wo and forget the post-wo shake and eat your next scheduled meal 20-60min after the session, since you'll have aminos in the body for 2hrs after post-wo, either option is fine
  14. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122082
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by tbarrows View Post
    max my man! Glad to see you in here... the MST RPG looks reeaaally solid. Have you used any of these?

    EDIT - why does it say 'not made from human hair' lol? Is that common practice when talking about bcaa/eaa products?!
    Really not used any but I need stock up some and for the price you can`t go wrong and all of these are Great Brands

    now i using USPlabs Modern BCAA until i finish them
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  15. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,543
    Rep Power
    1168652
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    77.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I like Primordials bcaa's they are very affordable. That trueprotein mix looks pretty righteous though.
  16. New Member
    tbarrows's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    B6 helps aminos absorb
    Also if you are using these aminos intra-wo, then since you've spike blood plasma levels they will stay elevated and lower over the course of two hrs, you plan on having a post-wo shake i would just use 1 scoop of purple wraath or other pre-wo, since protein synthesis will be elevated for 2 hrs OR use purple wraath/intrabolic intra-wo and forget the post-wo shake and eat your next scheduled meal 20-60min after the session, since you'll have aminos in the body for 2hrs after post-wo, either option is fine

    Lou, you're saying that if I use MST's RPG intra workout than I no longer have to rush home to have my post workout shake? That'd be awesome if that's the case. I train another guy and often times I can't get home to have my shake for about 30-45 minutes after I've done my own workout.
  17. Professional Member
    SweetLou321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,850
    Rep Power
    155070
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    That is exactly what im saying,
    When you spike blood plasma levels with Free Form aminos they stay elevated for 2hrs.
    If you have have your RPG Pre then you can have RPG post and just eat 30-45min later OR If you have RPG Intra, id do 2 serving of this product then you can just eat food 20-60min later, not shake needed since your muscle already have aminos in the blood and are being fed for about an hr after training...plus a whey shake takes 1-2 hrs to reach the muscles anyways so just eat man
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
  3. Universal Nutrition - BCAA Stack Lemon Lime
    By soundcheck129 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 04:23 PM
  4. New BCAA/EAA Flavors and more BCAA's
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
  5. T-Drive (ATD) by Juggernaut Nutrition @ Custom Nutrition
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in