Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

tumeric's affects on muscle pumps if any

What are they or do they even exist?

Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    What are they or do they even exist?
    It's cheap and has a load of health benefits. Why not try some different dosing protocols for a week and report back? I've used it for headaches before (worked surprisingly well) and oddly enough felt an improved mood and libido boost off of it (after taking for a few days). Don't recall pumps though.
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fayd View Post
    It's cheap and has a load of health benefits. Why not try some different dosing protocols for a week and report back? I've used it for headaches before (worked surprisingly well) and oddly enough felt an improved mood and libido boost off of it (after taking for a few days). Don't recall pumps though.
    Ill try it. where do you get yours? Ive heard some stores sell pounds for a few dollars, although I don't know how much active ingrediant they have. In fact, all tumeric could be a scam and the whole "you need the proper extraction" thing might be a scam for all I know. I believe that to be true with cissus. In fact, I like 5% cissus more than 10%.
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

I have never really seen a good dosing protocol typed out to get the benefits of Tumeric. I personally just buy it at the grocery store, usually in the ethnic foods section you can get a pretty good size bag for pretty cheap. I will say that I have taken a teaspoon a day when I have had soft tissue problems and it definitely helps a little bit.
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Ill try it. where do you get yours? Ive heard some stores sell pounds for a few dollars, although I don't know how much active ingrediant they have. In fact, all tumeric could be a scam and the whole "you need the proper extraction" thing might be a scam for all I know. I believe that to be true with cissus. In fact, I like 5% cissus more than 10%.
    I'm in a similar boat. I prefer Nutra's bulk cissus over Primaforce's.

The turmeric brand I took was Nature's way, which is standardized to 95% circuminoids. I can't tell you if the extraction matters so much, I'd have to play around more. It was my mom's (thus why it was a lame grocery store brand). She takes it each day for arthritis and can feel when she misses a dose. I took it initially for a job related injury and then noticed the other effects. The headache story was a different time, and that formulation also contained boswellia.

If I had to try it, I'd maybe give NOW brand a go. I'm honestly not the best person to ask about it though. Maybe Custom or Skigazzi? They seem to know their herbs.
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...n-60-caps.html

kinda expensive, but i was looking into that the other day to help with inflammation and joint pain. would it help?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplements to stop muscle pumps?
    By rochabp in forum Supplements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:15 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 05:33 PM
  3. Tumeric helps me with my whey
    By wontdie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 09:20 PM
  4. Replies: 10