Powershock vs extend

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Got a decent deal on the powershock...hows it compare to xtend....do the bcaa nitrates make a difference.....ive recently tried creatine nitrate and am loving it so i got hi hopes for this also

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
powershock sucks, you have no idea what your getting, no increase in pumps or anything, and its a touch to sweet

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i love hte stuff, recvoery was good, it has at least 1g beta alanine in it because i get the tingles....

id say its better than xtend due to the glutamine in xtend,

pero

Awards
powershock is superior compared to xtend. it has all of the esential amino acids + nitrat bcaas + CM and beta alanin. a decent no booster prior and 2 scoops powershock during training work wonders for me, best pump and intra-set regeneration so far

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
I can't really say either way because it is very difficult to compare amino products. That being said, power shock contains essential aminos, whereas Xtend is BCAAs only, and as a side note, the fruit punch flavour of Power Shock is sooooo tasty (I didn't much care for the grape flavour though).

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I have tried both and like both. fruit punch powershock taste alright. xtend watermelon is my fav

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of power shock... always just used xtend or intrabolic but power shock is much more affordable, I'm interested in hearing other user feedback.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
funny that you say powershock is more affordable..... what are you basing this on?

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I liked it but question how much citrulline, BA, and nitrates it actually has since it is a prop blend.

As far as the glutamine, I am not sure it helps but am not ready to accept USPLabs's resons either. There is glutamine in milk. Do you mean to tell me that milk is toxic then since it is a liquid that contains glutamine?

Then this: Everyone knows creatine can quickly turn to its waste byproduct creatinine when mixed in water…

Isn't the general concensus now that the above statement is not exactly accurate? What does "quickly" mean? Minutes? Hours? So I guess no one should add creatine to an Intra right?

Not attacking anyone but these are supplement companies and they need to market their products. It is not that hard to craft something with flawed information into looking like a solid scientific document. If someone would like to educate me to the contrary, I would welcome it. Those are just my skepticisms based on what I know. Just sayin...

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I liked it but question how much citrulline, BA, and nitrates it actually has since it is a prop blend.

As far as the glutamine, I am not sure it helps but am not ready to accept USPLabs's resons either. There is glutamine in milk. Do you mean to tell me that milk is toxic then since it is a liquid that contains glutamine? no, being that it is naturally occuring that way im betting its stable, nature is a miracle....its when science tries to recreate nature we tend t **** it up.... taking elemental aminos and adding them together in a vacuum doesnt not give the same results as what nature can do

Then this: Everyone knows creatine can quickly turn to its waste byproduct creatinine when mixed in water…

Isn't the general concensus now that the above statement is not exactly accurate? What does "quickly" mean? Minutes? Hours? So I guess no one should add creatine to an Intra right?

Not attacking anyone but these are supplement companies and they need to market their products. It is not that hard to craft something with flawed information into looking like a solid scientific document. If someone would like to educate me to the contrary, I would welcome it. Those are just my skepticisms based on what I know. Just sayin...
above in bold

pero

Awards
u can expect about 1,5g CM and 1-1,5g beta alanin per serving of powershock. with double serving u get a fair amount, just enough to notice.

i highly doubt that glutamin has such a high waste product convertability. also, i wouldn't bother with it or adding it, since 90% of ingested glutamine ends up in the intestines. the glutamine in the amino acid pool is synthesized out of bcaa

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
above in bold
Yeah, I thought of that and it does make sense. Still, it just shows the companies need to do more than just spit out snazzy one-liners. Look at all the creatine vs designer creatine that went back and forth until it was settled, for the most part.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i have no imput on the glutamine turning into waste, i always just assumed it wouldnt benifit my muscles much, but does have immune and intensitinal health properites, can be converted to sugar for energy ect.
Also creatine mono doesnt convert into creatinine for about 8hrs in a liquid, companies say it coverts RIGHT now to sell there designer crap

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well i was going to quote teh above about the designer creatines being settled, but with creatien nitrate and creatine glycerol phosphate still in the hunt and kre-alkalyn sales not dropping i doubt that its true

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
well i was going to quote teh above about the designer creatines being settled, but with creatien nitrate and creatine glycerol phosphate still in the hunt and kre-alkalyn sales not dropping i doubt that its true
I guess you're right there, LOL. What I should have said was that the designer creatines have failed to disprove mono, other than it doesn't work for some. In addition, some of the designers have lost popularity and been found to be the unstable ones.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
creatine glycerol phosphate is garbage, i good idea on paper but does not produce in the real world
Kre-alkalyne has no backing, creatine mono is 100% stable already, cant improve upon 100 folks

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
I tried my first dose of powershock today, not during a workout, just for the hell of it...It was tasty (fruitpunch) and felt a little rush of energy (b-6 maybe??) I like extend (only tried watermelon), but this powershock seems promising tho....gonna try it during workout tommarrow. I think prices are comparable to extend, guess it all depends on where u get it and who has a sale going....plus a serving of PS is 2 scoops where as i was using 4 of extend

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
right you were using 4 scoops of xtend, but 2 scoops is serving...its just about the same in the end, i tried powershock, wasnt impressed, idk i took it pre-wo tho

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
And bleive it or not, i actually saw veins in my forarms....been a while since thats happened..haha, long time actually

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use power shock 1 hour before my workout and than 30 min before pre workout.

I use gear in the morning 1st thing and between meals. Mid workout I use modern bcaa's 1 scoop vs 2.