anything good for extreme muscle soreness

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I worked out legs yesterday, and did squats. Nothing heavey yet today my legs could barley move. My muscle ache deep in the tissue right above knees to hip. I know I didn't overtrain but just hadn't done squats in years. Is there anything good to help relieve the soreness

JThaR3ason

Awards
I wouldnt look to supplements to cure the soreness, rest is your best friend. As far as recovery glutamine.

MrDeadlift

Awards
Yup, I agree you need to rest and give your body the time to recovery. If the pain starts to bother you then take some ibuprofen since it is an anti-inflammatory. Glutamine helps too not sure how much at this point. Try to stretch the muscle and take warm shower.

My recommendation is to take Glutamine, BCAA either during or right after your workout to ensure better recovery. Waiting after the pain starts the following day makes it hard for any supplement to help. Make sure you take either a good Intra-workout supplement or Post-workout supplement as they work to ensure your recovery gets improved.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA and, above everything else, lots of food.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
creatine and beta alanine
try adding some quick carbs to your post workout shake like a banana or some honey

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
PeptoPro for the win. A hot Epsom salt and baking soda soak always works for me.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
nothing beat Fusion nutrition Agent-M,it is so good to reduce dooms !!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PeptoPro for the win. A hot Epsom salt and baking soda soak always works for me.
I like your thinking. MAP (PPs' Peptopro product) has made such a difference in my training. I can go carb free after training with 2 scoops of MAP and 5g BCAA and then a whole-food meal 45 minutes later and be G2G.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
While these are good recommendations, NOTHING beats magnesium oil...

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
While these are good recommendations, NOTHING beats magnesium oil...
lol, i tried this for a while and couldnt tell if it was placebo or if it was really helping. its good at preventing razor burn, tho. although it burns the %^&* out of any tiny abrasions. i looked around for bloodwork with transdermal mag but couldnt find anything. is it safe to add some dmso with this stuff?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
lol, i tried this for a while and couldnt tell if it was placebo or if it was really helping. its good at preventing razor burn, tho. although it burns the %^&* out of any tiny abrasions. i looked around for bloodwork with transdermal mag but couldnt find anything. is it safe to add some dmso with this stuff?
I guess you could, its not going to give you muscles but will increase strength and recovery along adrenals. Mike Mahler, me and another AM member have had great results from using it. I use Ancient Minerals mag oil.

BrockR

BrockR

Awards
I just got on the BCAA wagon (yeah, I'm late) so not a lot of experience there yet, but a hot epsom salt bath has always helped me considerably.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Massages
EAAs (aminos)
Stretching & active recovery
food & protein

in other words, the more you move around the quicker the pain will pass

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Alternating HOT & COLD water in shower
Heating pad /ice
Moist heat
light cardio
lots of water

supplement: bcaa

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as far as supplements dose your BCAA and glutamine high, but i tihnk its mainly just part of training man, i know muscle soreness for me was always lightened the day after i did some cardio or a light workot to flush the muscles with blood and remove the lactic acid..... but glutamine and BCAA at a higher dose will prevent the soreness from getting so bad in the first place