what are some of the best "weight gainers" out there?

dexterfan

Awards
I looked into MHP's "up your mass", is it as good as it seems? It supposedly has no "fattening" maltodextrine, only low GI carbs from oats? And a blend of whey and micellar casseine. alond with an essential fat complex.

But people tell me BSN true mass is the best this and that. Honestly looking at the ingredient label i'm not impressed

tell me more

obvious

obvious

Awards
I'll chip in that around our fraternity house you can find bags of Mutant Mass in many of the rooms. Great tasting gainer and it works.

Also heard good things about ON's Serious Mass. I've personally not tried either (aside from trying the flavour) as I gain pretty much exactly what I eat.

Lousy metabolism!

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
loving dymatize elite mass right now
that and my 30g ibcaa between meals and im getting bigger by the day :)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
is there any "weight gainer" better and cheaper than just whey and ground up oatmeal? (srs)

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Yeah weight gainers are overpriced, just make your own.... my favorite homemade brew is blending 2 scoops of ON 100% whey, 8oz skim milk, 2tbsp peanut butter, 1tbsp honey, and a cup of granola, cereal, or oatmeal

**** is amazing

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heavy Cream, Natty Peanut Butter, Whole Coconut Milk and your protein of choice. Cheap, incredibly tasty and calorie packed like nobodies business with loads of good fat.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also make my own. 2 cups of of oats, 16 oz milk, 3 scoops protein, 4 tablespoons olive oil. ha its like 1700 calories.

BrockR

BrockR

Awards
I usually try to avoid products with sucralose, but Mutant Mass was one of the best gainers I've used, and very reasonably priced. A very high quality gainer is made by Bionic Edge but it's expensive

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
mutant mass is where its at. ive tried BSN's true mass and i liked it aswell, all depends what you can/cant have cause some gainers do have bad sugar and bad fat just all depends i guess...

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Make your own!!! I was just looking into the mutant mass people are talking about. Yea29.99 for 5 lbs sounds good unt you read you only get 8 servings for that price

DrDeca

DrDeca

Awards
15lb bag for 70$ here in ontario. and i dont take the full serving i take 2 scoops morning and 2 scoops post workout. you get huge from mutant mass

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you get huge from mutant mass
really?
interesting. what special ingredients does this product have that gets you so "huge"?

:think:

anyone who credits a specific product ie
"you get hyooge off this weight gainer"
or "xyz brand protein is best for muscle"

simply doesn't understand nutrition.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made my own 90% of the time but I would sometimes substitute for ON Serious Mass and Cytosport Cytogainer and Monster Mass

- Valdez

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I drink these for breakfast...

Grind up about 3/4 cups of oats. Electronic coffee grinder works best, or just use the blender. Pour around 1.25-1.5 cups of milk into blender. Mix in oats, unless oats were already in blender. Add a banana. Then a scoop of protein powder. A protein blend would work best, but I usually just use whey. You can add natural PB if you want to.

Tinker with the ingredients to get the consistency you like. I'm probably off on my own measurements because I've been using the same blender for so long, I just eyeball everything. If you want more calories just add more oats, milk and/or PB. The banana does add lots of sugar, but it also make it taste awesome, so it's worth it. It also serves to hold the oats in suspension. Otherwise the oats would just sink.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
n2bulk.....not filled a ton of sugar, uses sweet potatoe as the carb source

Hawk87

Hawk87

Awards
The best weight gainer I've used is:
1 cup quick oats
2-3 scoops protein powder
1 banana
a lot of peanut butter or an avocado
almond milk and ice
put all in a blender and enjoy...no need to waste your money weight gainers, real food is always best

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
My weight gainer last night was two double whoppers and three large sweet potato fries ;)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I looked into MHP's "up your mass", is it as good as it seems? It supposedly has no "fattening" maltodextrine, only low GI carbs from oats? And a blend of whey and micellar casseine. alond with an essential fat complex.

But people tell me BSN true mass is the best this and that. Honestly looking at the ingredient label i'm not impressed

tell me more

look into meat n' potatodrol from Kroger. best weight gainer on the market

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
loving dymatize elite mass right now
that and my 30g ibcaa between meals and im getting bigger by the day :)
im using this as well. only i do 1 scoop / day instead of 2. when i cut i use 100% whey.

i add ice cream, oats, EVOO, milk, ice , honey

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Best weight gainer between meals: peanut and banana sandwich. :)

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Best weight gainer between meals: peanut and banana sandwich. :)

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)
This... Natural pb has got to be the easiest and best way to add a surplus of calories

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TBSP EVOO

- Valdez

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

tell me more
UpYourMass is a great product

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
This... Natural pb has got to be the easiest and best way to add a surplus of calories
Yup and add a few cups of milk to wash it down