Replacement for Recoverpro

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. the whole idea of bcaa supplimentation is the leucine to start protein synthesis, why on earth would you need 20-30g of an 8:1:1 ratio, 2 scoops of modernbcaa is in the 5-6g range of leucine, at the min. there really is no point in going over 5g of leucine in a sitting since anymore wont create a bigger protein synthisis result, 3-5g is all that is needed. that is the reason they when with 8:1:1 less total bcaa to hit the required amount of leucine, and regular bcaa you only need at most 10g anyways.

2. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    also how similar structurally is creatine malate to dicreatine malate? thanks john!
    I really dont know as I have never saw there structures on paper. I tend to think good old creatine mono is best, and I could be wrong maybe creatine isn't created equal. In my experience Ive payed top dollar for cee, creatine gluc, and I found mono works just as good.

here are the definitions of each

Di Creatine Malate is a highly soluable creatine salt that provides much greater increase in creatine bioavailability over regular creatine monohydrate. The compound is creatine bound to malic acid. Malic acid is a naturally occuring kreb cycle intermediate, meaning that malic acid plays a crucial role in our natural energy cycle. Malic acid coupled with the effect of creatine, as in Di-Creatine Malate, offers much greater ATP production over conventional creatine monohydrate.

Creatine malate is fairly new. It is composed of creatine bound to malic acid, which is a Krebs cycle intermediate, as is citric acid. So, this form may also offer greater energy production than creatine monohydrate. Human research (and anecdotal reports) on creatine malate are scarce, so this cannot beconfirm this yet. As is the case for creatine citrate, creatine malate dissolves well in water and does not cause stomach discomfort.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

3. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    See, I was under the impression it was 10g / scoop as well, initially. All the talk was 10g / serving. Well, one serving is listed as 2 scoops - and those scoops are pretty big.

I like it, I like the sustamine. BUT, I'll likely start using bulk again, deal with the poor taste to get a ton of product at a fraction of the price.

Yup I missed that 1 serving is 2 scoops... I'm real close to learning how to read. I swear! I got my modern bcaa during the release sale. I'll most likely use 1-2 scoops with 10-15g ibcaa pre/ intra now.

4. thanks john!!!
    i tend to agree with you, except mono gives me the runs, and i like the decrease in subcontanious water i get from dicreatine malate

5. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    Ok so i'm very depressed about the recoverpro being taken off the market

does anyone know of any supplement companies that make something comparable in price, quality, and taste? as far as i know there isn't anything out there but hopefully i overlooked something

the option i'm considering is straight primordial ibcaa or nutras bulk bcaa but it's 2:1:1 and not 4:1:1 and for the same amount it's actually more expensive and has no flavor

can someone suggest something to replace
    so with that said other i've looked into

Chain'd Out, first tub i received seemed like a good value, when i repurchased it it seems like they changed the scoop and it didn't last nearly as long

xtend, purchased the product a few times, and every time i feel i don't get the amount of servings that are listed on the tub

axcell and modern bcaa also crossed my mind, and while axcell looks like it has some awesome other goodies in it, it's just to pricey for the amount of servings for me..

please help
    I think you really should give Axcell a try. I know it's expensive but, this is truely some good stuff. You won't be sorry.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    ahh ok i see, how is the energy from the maniac???
    I also take one scoop of Maniac and it is plenty for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recoverpro is here
    By John Smeton in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 09:36 PM