Replacement for Recoverpro

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so i'm very depressed about the recoverpro being taken off the market

does anyone know of any supplement companies that make something comparable in price, quality, and taste? as far as i know there isn't anything out there but hopefully i overlooked something

the option i'm considering is straight primordial ibcaa or nutras bulk bcaa but it's 2:1:1 and not 4:1:1 and for the same amount it's actually more expensive and has no flavor

can someone suggest something to replace
so with that said other i've looked into

Chain'd Out, first tub i received seemed like a good value, when i repurchased it it seems like they changed the scoop and it didn't last nearly as long

xtend, purchased the product a few times, and every time i feel i don't get the amount of servings that are listed on the tub

axcell and modern bcaa also crossed my mind, and while axcell looks like it has some awesome other goodies in it, it's just to pricey for the amount of servings for me..

please help

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I was in the same boat my friend. Recover pro was a personal favorite. I used chained out and it was ok. I really like modern bcaa. The no dyes is my favorite part I never noticed how crappy I felt from all the dyes untill they where taken out. I really do feel worlds better. I use 20-30g intra work out and will be sticking with modern bcaa for now.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was in the same boat my friend. Recover pro was a personal favorite. I used chained out and it was ok. I really like modern bcaa. The no dyes is my favorite part I never noticed how crappy I felt from all the dyes untill they where taken out. I really do feel worlds better. I use 20-30g intra work out and will be sticking with modern bcaa for now.
When you say 20-30g, are you using 4-6 scoops? I'm just curious because the scoop size vs. the amount of aminos you get seems a little off to me.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
are we talking about the same recovery pro? i bought a container of this stuff a bit ago from nutra and the stuff i got had almost no flavoring in it. it was like bulk aminos flavored with just a slight amount of crystal light. maybe my tub was messed up but its been sitting in my closet since then because the horrid taste

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all the recoverpro i've had has a lemon type flavor, it's not to strong like a chain'd out is but it tastes better than a bulk powder....i've grown fond of the mild flavor

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using modernbcaa the last 2 months. Both flavors are very mild and I have felt great using it. Just my 2 cents

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Modern BCAA has found a home in my cabinet as well.:sgrin:

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you guys find the value good?....i love recoverpro because one tub will last a long time, the modern bcaa seems like it's last alittle over a month and i like to take atleast one serving during workout and one between breakfast and my 2nd meal

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
modernbcaa tastes great. picked that up during the inner circle deal. but im not sure id pay 20 bucks for 30 servings

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recoverpro is great stuff, I just chase a scoop or two when I need it.

and now that it is being taking off the market stock up while you can. BCaa's are godsend for muscle in my opinion, especially intra-workout. Interested in a possibility of a new bcaa coming out from AI Sports.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree on chained out, first tub lasted forever, the second not so much, also with chained out its about 5g of bcaa per scoop not seven considering the weight of the malate.
And im not to found of spending 20$ on a 30 serving tub myself, while Mbcaa is a great product, i like xtend just as equally much, has any tried to make their own on like true protein? how is thier flavoring?
Second whats the benifit of bcaa intra-wo? i dont see it being important?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree on chained out, first tub lasted forever, the second not so much, also with chained out its about 5g of bcaa per scoop not seven considering the weight of the malate.
And im not to found of spending 20$ on a 30 serving tub myself, while Mbcaa is a great product, i like xtend just as equally much, has any tried to make their own on like true protein? how is thier flavoring?
Second whats the benifit of bcaa intra-wo? i dont see it being important?
ideally if you are very serious about obtaining the most muscle BCAA's help keep the muscle building process going and help them repair themselves during the workout when they are getting torn down.

BCaa's between meals have been shown to have a very positive effect on muscle. Layne Norton talks a lot about this as he did his Doctorite or something like that on BCAA's.

AT the very least BCAA's are a must for a pre-contest bodybuilding as it really shines when on a calorie restriction diet(and sometimes a severe calorie restriction diet) RecoverPro has like 148 serving and it does last a long time. If you are tight for cash use it for calorie restriction.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
while i am huge on layne nortons teachings, he does not advocate intra-wo amino acid supplementation.
I have done the between meal bcaa timing
i personally use them first thing in the a.m., pre-wo, post-wo, and before bed.
doesnt the protein synthisis effect last about 2hrs after ingestion? so ive one was to does bcaa pre-wo, then you should be covered for the whole time during a workout leaving no benifit of more during the session?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Xtend. Recently I tried ModernBCAA and felt no difference in effects. Well actually I did feel a decrease in energy during my workout. I mix up around 8 scoops of Xtend in a gallon jug and drink it all day. Also I drink it during my workouts. It really does help push me through and give me the energy to go on. ModernBcaa doesn't compare to Xtend at all. Not worth the money for what you get and also the lack of energy during my workout doesn't make me want to purchase more. Recover Pro was a great value, but it also didn't give me the extra energy Xtend does.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
while i am huge on layne nortons teachings, he does not advocate intra-wo amino acid supplementation.
I have done the between meal bcaa timing
i personally use them first thing in the a.m., pre-wo, post-wo, and before bed.
doesnt the protein synthisis effect last about 2hrs after ingestion? so ive one was to does bcaa pre-wo, then you should be covered for the whole time during a workout leaving no benifit of more during the session?
He definitely is not against we have talked in his column over at MD (and though emails , he has helped me get started in competing in bodybuilding and I've emailed him a couple years before that as well for sharing progress pictures) and he mentioned intra-bcaa use is fine.

I would think it would help, but you could be right about if you take it pre...see I dont take it pre, because I take an insulin mimetic, pre workout drink, and a libido booster(yes you read that right) 20 minutes before workouts.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so you carb load pre? with no aminos? wouldnt the use of carbs+bcaa provide an even greater increase in protein synthesis? and ahh i see, i just assumed he doesnt really advise it bc he doesnt do it himself. He states if pre-wo nutrition and post-wo nutrition are on point he saw no benifit in intra-wo nutrition. Now i follow his protocol of 10g bcaa+carbs immediatly post with a meal 30min later, idk if intra would benifit here, and with his research on the body becoming refractory to the protein synthesis response if amino acids are constantly consumed leads me to believe maybe intra wo isnt the best....i have no idea im just guessing, if you see a big improvement i may try it. What does your post-wo nutrition look like? and why the libido booster?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Depending on which product I am using it may take 6 scoops. Modern bcaa I though was 10 g per scoop I use 3 scoops intra. I also have a few pp ibcaa for products that have closer to 5g servings. If modern bcaa is only 5 g per scoop I guess ive only used 15g servings. Sorry I'm out of town or I'd just look at the jar. I train fasted and start sipping bcaas on the way to the gym about 15 mins befor my first set.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so you carb load pre? with no aminos? wouldnt the use of carbs+bcaa provide an even greater increase in protein synthesis? and ahh i see, i just assumed he doesnt really advise it bc he doesnt do it himself. He states if pre-wo nutrition and post-wo nutrition are on point he saw no benifit in intra-wo nutrition. Now i follow his protocol of 10g bcaa+carbs immediatly post with a meal 30min later, idk if intra would benifit here, and with his research on the body becoming refractory to the protein synthesis response if amino acids are constantly consumed leads me to believe maybe intra wo isnt the best....i have no idea im just guessing, if you see a big improvement i may try it. What does your post-wo nutrition look like? and why the libido booster?
pre workout meal is one hours before training just a whole food meal or shape depending on how busy I am. 50 grams protein and right now like 50-60 carbs

30 minutes later the insulin mimetic, glycobol, pre workout drink, maniac and perform the libido booster which has tribulus, longjack in it and I feel helps give me a better pump in my muscles.

post workout ..I time my glycobol dose so I take it 20 minutes before my post workout meal, which is on my last set or right after I finish, then I drive home which takes 10 minutes and get a 50 gram whey shake, 80 or so fast acting carbs.

then like an hour later a whole food meal. I have taken intra BCaa's in the past , I have not recently, maybe I'll try them out again.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ahh ok i see, how is the energy from the maniac???
I only take one scoop because one scoop = 100 mgs caffeine, I could take two but I take 100 mga caffiene upon awaking and like to limit caffiene.

I would have to say the energy is not stim crazy or anything off, I definitely helps me have a better workout of one scoop, the thing it seems to help with the most is pumps.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
how much creatine malate and cit mal is in it, roughly...ive been interested in this for some time

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
also how similar structurally is creatine malate to dicreatine malate? thanks john!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depending on which product I am using it may take 6 scoops. Modern bcaa I though was 10 g per scoop I use 3 scoops intra. I also have a few pp ibcaa for products that have closer to 5g servings. If modern bcaa is only 5 g per scoop I guess ive only used 15g servings. Sorry I'm out of town or I'd just look at the jar. I train fasted and start sipping bcaas on the way to the gym about 15 mins befor my first set.
See, I was under the impression it was 10g / scoop as well, initially. All the talk was 10g / serving. Well, one serving is listed as 2 scoops - and those scoops are pretty big.

I like it, I like the sustamine. BUT, I'll likely start using bulk again, deal with the poor taste to get a ton of product at a fraction of the price.

:sad3:

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the whole idea of bcaa supplimentation is the leucine to start protein synthesis, why on earth would you need 20-30g of an 8:1:1 ratio, 2 scoops of modernbcaa is in the 5-6g range of leucine, at the min. there really is no point in going over 5g of leucine in a sitting since anymore wont create a bigger protein synthisis result, 3-5g is all that is needed. that is the reason they when with 8:1:1 less total bcaa to hit the required amount of leucine, and regular bcaa you only need at most 10g anyways.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
also how similar structurally is creatine malate to dicreatine malate? thanks john!
I really dont know as I have never saw there structures on paper. I tend to think good old creatine mono is best, and I could be wrong maybe creatine isn't created equal. In my experience Ive payed top dollar for cee, creatine gluc, and I found mono works just as good.

here are the definitions of each

Di Creatine Malate is a highly soluable creatine salt that provides much greater increase in creatine bioavailability over regular creatine monohydrate. The compound is creatine bound to malic acid. Malic acid is a naturally occuring kreb cycle intermediate, meaning that malic acid plays a crucial role in our natural energy cycle. Malic acid coupled with the effect of creatine, as in Di-Creatine Malate, offers much greater ATP production over conventional creatine monohydrate.

* CREATINE MALATE

Creatine malate is fairly new. It is composed of creatine bound to malic acid, which is a Krebs cycle intermediate, as is citric acid. So, this form may also offer greater energy production than creatine monohydrate. Human research (and anecdotal reports) on creatine malate are scarce, so this cannot beconfirm this yet. As is the case for creatine citrate, creatine malate dissolves well in water and does not cause stomach discomfort.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
See, I was under the impression it was 10g / scoop as well, initially. All the talk was 10g / serving. Well, one serving is listed as 2 scoops - and those scoops are pretty big.

I like it, I like the sustamine. BUT, I'll likely start using bulk again, deal with the poor taste to get a ton of product at a fraction of the price.

:sad3:
Yup I missed that 1 serving is 2 scoops... I'm real close to learning how to read. I swear! I got my modern bcaa during the release sale. I'll most likely use 1-2 scoops with 10-15g ibcaa pre/ intra now.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thanks john!!!
i tend to agree with you, except mono gives me the runs, and i like the decrease in subcontanious water i get from dicreatine malate

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i'm very depressed about the recoverpro being taken off the market

does anyone know of any supplement companies that make something comparable in price, quality, and taste? as far as i know there isn't anything out there but hopefully i overlooked something

the option i'm considering is straight primordial ibcaa or nutras bulk bcaa but it's 2:1:1 and not 4:1:1 and for the same amount it's actually more expensive and has no flavor

can someone suggest something to replace
so with that said other i've looked into

Chain'd Out, first tub i received seemed like a good value, when i repurchased it it seems like they changed the scoop and it didn't last nearly as long

xtend, purchased the product a few times, and every time i feel i don't get the amount of servings that are listed on the tub

axcell and modern bcaa also crossed my mind, and while axcell looks like it has some awesome other goodies in it, it's just to pricey for the amount of servings for me..

please help
I think you really should give Axcell a try. I know it's expensive but, this is truely some good stuff. You won't be sorry.