Ephedrine HCL

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
Yeah, I know... it's banned in the US for a few years, and it's an old topic.

Hear me out... I've had breathing problems (I posted about them previously), and using 'BronkAid' alleviated my symptoms completely. The main ingredient is 25mg Ephedrine HCL.
Not only does it fix my breathing problems, but with an asprin and some caffeine, completely rocked my workouts.

Unfortunately about 6 months ago they removed 'BronkAid' from the shelves... I've been able to find some remains online, but I'm sure they won't last forever.
So, any idea where one can order Ephedrine HCL in the US? The Canada sites won't ship here. Their legal product is 8-10mg's of Ephedrine.

I know there are pwo alternatives for the stack and kickstart, but not for the breathing issues.

Appreciate your response, or feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks for reading!

Been a while since I've posted. I lurk from time to time... My resolution will be to stop in more often - this place keeps me on track.

Rix

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i bougth mine in W pharmacy and i live in PR so the same Federal laws applies here too :D

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen Bronkaid at pharmacies in both Illinois and Kentucky. They also have their own in house brands that are usually cheaper (just check the caps / dosages).

You have to go back to the counter and ask for them, though. They only have the little paper cards in the aisle (though some don't even have those out). You'll have to provide your driver's license, as you can only purchase so much in a certain period of time.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know... it's banned in the US for a few years, and it's an old topic.

Hear me out... I've had breathing problems (I posted about them previously), and using 'BronkAid' alleviated my symptoms completely. The main ingredient is 25mg Ephedrine HCL.
Not only does it fix my breathing problems, but with an asprin and some caffeine, completely rocked my workouts.

Unfortunately about 6 months ago they removed 'BronkAid' from the shelves... I've been able to find some remains online, but I'm sure they won't last forever.
So, any idea where one can order Ephedrine HCL in the US? The Canada sites won't ship here. Their legal product is 8-10mg's of Ephedrine.

I know there are pwo alternatives for the stack and kickstart, but not for the breathing issues.

Appreciate your response, or feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks for reading!

Been a while since I've posted. I lurk from time to time... My resolution will be to stop in more often - this place keeps me on track.

Rix
Rix, first off, check the box of bronchaid you have. i almost garuntee that the active ingredient is ephedrine sulfate and not ephedrine hcl. If you want ephedrine hcl you will want to look in the pharmacy for a product called PRIMATENE. This has 12.5 mg of ephedrine hcl per pill. I use this for cardio stacked with a bit of caffiene or a oxyelite pro. PM me if you have any questions regarding how to aquire it.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well in W pharmacy has Primatene (Ephedrine HCI, USP - 12.5 mg Bronchodilator) and the genereic brand of them W Bronchial Asthma Relief Tablets has (Ephedrine HCl - 12.5mg Bronchodilator) and cheap only $8.49 for a box

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
well in W pharmacy has Primatene (Ephedrine HCI, USP - 12.5 mg Bronchodilator) and the genereic brand of them W Bronchial Asthma Relief Tablets has (Ephedrine HCl - 12.5mg Bronchodilator) and cheap only $8.49 for a box
Damn dude that's expenisive. I got mine for 3.99 a box here in ohio.

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
Rix, first off, check the box of bronchaid you have. i almost garuntee that the active ingredient is ephedrine sulfate and not ephedrine hcl. If you want ephedrine hcl you will want to look in the pharmacy for a product called PRIMATENE. This has 12.5 mg of ephedrine hcl per pill. I use this for cardio stacked with a bit of caffiene or a oxyelite pro. PM me if you have any questions regarding how to aquire it.
You're right. Primatene is HCL and Brokaid is Sulfate. What's the difference?

Know of any other alternatives that don't have an expectorant? Not sure I need to take guaifenesin regularly.

By the way, doesn't the 1,3-Dimethylamylamine in the oxyelite pro with the ephedrine put your heart-rate through the roof? How many Primatine are you taking 1 or 2?

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established

Know of any other alternatives that don't have an expectorant? Not sure I need to take guaifenesin regularly.

By the way, doesn't the 1,3-Dimethylamylamine in the oxyelite pro with the ephedrine put your heart-rate through the roof? How many Primatine are you taking 1 or 2?
I do not know the difference between the two, however I have read several threads here on AM and most if not all say hcl over sulfate hands down.

I do not know of any legal means of obtaining ephedra hcl with out the expectorant. And yyes the heart rate does become elevated.
I shoot for 180-185 bpm when in cardio mode. I only take one primatene at a time. I took two once and that was a bit too much stimulation for my tastes. But i do like the expectorant in the primatene bc you can breath so much better. IMHO

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/65785-ephedrine-sulfate-vs.html

Well since no one on here could give a solid answer I did some research and came up with this.....

Ephedrine HCl is approximately 82% ephedrine by weight.

Ephedrine sulfate is approximately 77% ephedrine by weight.

25 mg ephedrine HCl = 20.5 mg ephedrine

25 mg ephedrine sulfate = 19.25 mg ephedrine

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good post, bro. That was exactly what I was going to reference.

And from personal experience, I haven't noticed any difference between HCl and Sulfate.

I've stacked with OEP as my caffeine source and the only time I didn't like it was if a dose was too close to workout. The only time it bothered me would be if it was a leg day (squats) or if I took Jack3d along with it (obviously don't do that).

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good post, bro. That was exactly what I was going to reference.

And from personal experience, I haven't noticed any difference between HCl and Sulfate.

I've stacked with OEP as my caffeine source and the only time I didn't like it was if a dose was too close to workout. The only time it bothered me would be if it was a leg day (squats) or if I took Jack3d along with it (obviously don't do that).
I used Alpha-T2 + EC Damn it really I can breath :lol: strong stack!!!

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
I used Alpha-T2 + EC Damn it really I can breath :lol: strong stack!!!
The strongest ive ever run was 25mg e with 3 cap fulls of clearshot by epharm. which is like ~200mg caffiene, 1,3 dimeth, ginger. Talk about getting the burn on. body was hot as satans balls. :sgrin:

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
So, Bronkaid 1tab with 1 Aspirin and 1 scoop of Jack3D would probably be OK then? I still have some Jack3d, but wasn't sure about using them together. Didn't want to overstim...

As long as I can still get Bronkaid or Primatene caps for my breathing I'm happy.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The strongest ive ever run was 25mg e with 3 cap fulls of clearshot by epharm. which is like ~200mg caffiene, 1,3 dimeth, ginger. Talk about getting the burn on. body was hot as satans balls. :sgrin:
Haha, nice.

I rocked 2 caps of OEP (200mg caffeine) + 25mg E 3x/day for a short stint.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
So, Bronkaid 1tab with 1 Aspirin and 1 scoop of Jack3D would probably be OK then? I still have some Jack3d, but wasn't sure about using them together. Didn't want to overstim...

As long as I can still get Bronkaid or Primatene caps for my breathing I'm happy.
This is my opinion, but i would stay away from asprin. thats generally why the new school guys are calling it EC stacks instead of the ECA bc the asprin just isn't worth it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 times a day!!!! holy hell dude how did you not have a heart attack??
I am strong like bull :lol:

It was my second time running the stack. The first time (after a ton of research, mind you) I ran 200mg caffeine (1 cap), 25mg ephedrine (1 cap Bronkaid) 3x a day (4 hour intervals) and it worked amazingly great. I was also taking EGCg with the first 2 doses (can't remember the specific amount off the top of my head).

I was sweating like crazy, but I didn't have a ridiculous hear-rate or anything. And I was still playing a lot of basketball then, too.

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
This is my opinion, but i would stay away from asprin. thats generally why the new school guys are calling it EC stacks instead of the ECA bc the asprin just isn't worth it.
When someone exercises, especially with ephedra and caffeine, the body undergoes thermogenesis – this essentially means that internal heat is generated by the muscles while exercising, and this heat production is enhanced with the addition of both ephedra and caffeine due to an increased amount of fat being burned.

Aspirin works well in the ECA stack because it increases the body’s tolerance to heat, and thus it allows the effects of ephedra and caffeine to persist longer in the body. In essence, this means that your body is able to burn fat for much longer periods of time.

That said... why stay away from it, and is there an alternative, or is it as you said... just an EC stack now?
I haven't checked the boards regarding why people are staying away from Aspirin yet...

rix

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
From ^^that^^ thread

"Doses of 1,000 mg per day of aspirin caused gastrointestinal symptoms and bleeding that, in some cases, were clinically significant."

That's why i dont take aspirin lol.
Hell man... 1,000 mg is a lot. I take 100mg. Thanks for the link.

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Hell man... 1,000 mg is a lot. I take 100mg. Thanks for the link.
I take ECA 3x daily, foundlow dose asperin, 81mg so 243mg per day, but i am interested in WhiteWillow Bark, supposed to be a natural asperin without the negetive side effects

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
I take ECA 3x daily, foundlow dose asperin, 81mg so 243mg per day, but i am interested in WhiteWillow Bark, supposed to be a natural asperin without the negetive side effects
Yeah, back when 'Ripped Fuel' was the rage, it had WhiteWillow Bark in it. That and 'Stacker2'... ahh, the good old days.

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
Oh hey, did a bit more research... another reason not to take aspirin in the stack, particularly for those of us who play contact sports -

Blood-thinning drugs such as aspirin can reduce your blood's ability to clot. Because of this, bleeding from capillary damage that would normally stop quickly may take longer to stop, allowing enough blood to leak out to cause a bruise, or lengthen the time it takes to heal.

Rix

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
Just remember that whole organics contain many other ingredients besides the main active you may be wanting. This may actually increase negative side effects. Just keep that in mind.

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Just remember that whole organics contain many other ingredients besides the main active you may be wanting. This may actually increase negative side effects. Just keep that in mind.
Good point to remember, but from what ive seen so far from researching the white willow is a pretty safe alternative in this example

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
When someone exercises, especially with ephedra and caffeine, the body undergoes thermogenesis – this essentially means that internal heat is generated by the muscles while exercising, and this heat production is enhanced with the addition of both ephedra and caffeine due to an increased amount of fat being burned.

Aspirin works well in the ECA stack because it increases the body’s tolerance to heat, and thus it allows the effects of ephedra and caffeine to persist longer in the body. In essence, this means that your body is able to burn fat for much longer periods of time.

That said... why stay away from it, and is there an alternative, or is it as you said... just an EC stack now?
I haven't checked the boards regarding why people are staying away from Aspirin yet...

rix
my microbiology teacher was the one who initially turned me on to the ECA stack. he said the use of the asprin was that it knocks the E & C off the albumin's receptors in the blood vessels so its unbinds it and can effect the tissues instead of being bound and not doing anything while still being broken down. this would also explain the blood thinning aspect. 81mg works well for me and i usually include it. the only downside is higher chance of ulcers but using a low dose for short period of time and the chances are low

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, back when 'Ripped Fuel' was the rage, it had WhiteWillow Bark in it. That and 'Stacker2'... ahh, the good old days.
Wow. Ripped Fuel.

Now there's a blast from the past! :bigeyes:

That was manufactured by Twin Labs, correct?

What ever happened to that supplement company?

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Ripped Fuel.

Ive seen Ripped Fuel at walgreens, reformulated of caorse

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
This may be a little off topic but what is the limit of boxes of bronkaid a person can buy in a 30-day period?

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
This may be a little off topic but what is the limit of boxes of bronkaid a person can buy in a 30-day period?
Here in michigan walmart only sold me 2 24ct boxes..........can i go to another storeand get 2 more or do i need my wife get 2 more

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I'd ordered them online in the past, I'd send a photocopy of my driver's license and maxed out at 3 60ct boxes.

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
Wow. Ripped Fuel.

Yeah, that was TwinLab. They're still in business, though not the top dog anymore. They have a lot of 'heath products' and vitamins as well as weight management and healthy aging stuff. I'm curious to find out if they were bought out by some other vitamin company.

They've got a new Ripped Fuel out, but I haven't tried it. After they changed the original product I was done... The new version of Ripped Fuel5X - I'm not very impressed.

Ingredients below:
Ripped Fuel5X
Caffeine 99mg
5X Potentiator Blend 130mg
Baical skullcap root and black catechu bark (standardized to 60% free-b-ring flavonoids and 10% flavans) and black pepper fruit extract (Bioperine)
5X Thermoenergetic Blend 198mg
Cayenne fruit, Rhodila resa root extract (standardized to 3% rosavins), cinnamon bark and ginger root extract (standardized to 5% gingerols)

Then they also have Riffed Fuel Ephedra Free 'Definition'
Bitter Orange Fruit Extract 325mg (standardized for 6% synephrine alkaloids)
L-Phenylalanine 50mg
Guarana Seed Extract (22% caffeine) 800mg

Metabolic Fatloss Blend -
St. Johns Wort Extract (aerial parts) (standardized for 0.9mg hypericin), Green Tea Leaf Extract, Quercetin, Citrus Bioflavanoid Complex, Ginger Root, Cayene Fruit.

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
I ordered 5 60ct boxes online last week. Not sure anyone is governing online sales except maybe for national chains... or maybe I just got lucky.

adnscmplx

Awards
I've been taking EC for months. Works great, nice energy boost, cheap, strong appetite suppressant and probably has helped me lean out, with proper diet.

Has anyone ever had any rebound weight gain after stopping? With keeping diet, cardio, etc the same, of course.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if the amount varies state by state or is it a fedral limit?
I order from drugstore.com and it works awesome. I usually get two boxes at a time (60ct boxes - 1.5gm E).

Here is the note attached to the order:

"Federal and State regulations restrict the sale and purchase of products containing ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine. Federal restrictions include: daily purchase limits (no more than 3.6 grams); 30-day mail-order purchase limits (no more than 7.5 grams); identification of the purchaser; and logging and reporting transactions to Federal and State authorities.

Many states have enacted similar or more restrictive regulations"

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
my microbiology teacher was the one who initially turned me on to the ECA stack. he said the use of the asprin was that it knocks the E & C off the albumin's receptors in the blood vessels so its unbinds it and can effect the tissues instead of being bound and not doing anything while still being broken down. this would also explain the blood thinning aspect. 81mg works well for me and i usually include it. the only downside is higher chance of ulcers but using a low dose for short period of time and the chances are low
tnubs - just saw this post. Not sure why I missed it before. So sounds like the aspirin actually increases the effectiveness of the E&C.
I was only taking low doses of aspirin, but have discontinued after some of the feedback here. I may bring it back in low doses, or add White Willow Bark as an alternative.

Happy New Year - R

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
****ing Sub!

Edit: Just read all the posts and OMFG this thread is GOLDEN!!!! I wonder if anybody has ever taken the EC stack while on a cycle?

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
So if someone wants to run this would you guys recommend taking 2-3X a day...2 pills of primatene with 100mg of caffeine and one 81mg of aspirin?

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
So if someone wants to run this would you guys recommend taking 2-3X a day...2 pills of primatene with 100mg of caffeine and one 81mg of aspirin?
the avgdose is 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 81mg asperine............ivebeen using white willow bark from NOW Foods.....think its 400 mg but not sure..........i use 3xdaily.........also just ordered from fitshop.ca.........excellent prices, and super fast shipping in discrete packaging.....

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
the avgdose is 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, and 81mg asperine............ivebeen using white willow bark from NOW Foods.....think its 400 mg but not sure..........i use 3xdaily.........also just ordered from fitshop.ca.........excellent prices, and super fast shipping in discrete packaging.....
dose every 6 hours, correct? Also does it matter if it's on an empty stomach or not. and yes now foods WWB is 400mg but 400mg of WWB=81mg of aspirin? Also I should just get the primatene from Walgreen? Cause online there about $20! IDK how you guys getting them for $4-$9?

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
dose every 6 hours, correct? Also does it matter if it's on an empty stomach or not. and yes now foods WWB is 400mg but 400mg of WWB=81mg of aspirin? Also I should just get the primatene from Walgreen? Cause online there about $20! IDK how you guys getting them for $4-$9?
I quit ordering the bronkaid and primatene, ordered from fitshop.ca and could not be happier.....as far as 400mg-81asperin, im not sure, but that was the recommended dose i was told by some members here

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I quit ordering the bronkaid and primatene, ordered from fitshop.ca and could not be happier.....as far as 400mg-81asperin, im not sure, but that was the recommended dose i was told by some members here
wait you straight up order ephedrine from that site?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's on the subject of ephedrine! I know from some research and personal accounts that a lot of reformulated "EC stacks" (like OEP) are NOT muscle sparing. Does running E-HCl or E-SO4 with caffeine also increase muscle loss/catabolism or no? One of the linked sites said it is muscle sparing.

EDIT: Apparently part of this issue came from cortisol spikes from the stims. So if you control that on the EC then you should be ok?

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but it's on the subject of ephedrine! I know from some research and personal accounts that a lot of reformulated "EC stacks" (like OEP) are NOT muscle sparing. Does running E-HCl or E-SO4 with caffeine also increase muscle loss/catabolism or no? One of the linked sites said it is muscle sparing.

EDIT: Apparently part of this issue came from cortisol spikes from the stims. So if you control that on the EC then you should be ok?
anybody knows the answer to that^^^?!?! Also is it ok to take ECA while on cycle?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll hop in on a few things.

As far as dosing, I used the recommendations from the site I had already linked, which was: 25mg Ephedrine + 200mg Caffeine 3x a day, 4 hours apart (on empty stomach each time). I also added EGCg along with the first 2 doses of the day. I did not use aspirin (read link for reasoning).

I would highly recommend NOT running this while on a cycle. It just seems like an added chance to screw with blood pressure, etc. However, if one were to run it on cycle, my personal opinion would be on something incredibly basic and not on an oral cycle. Like I said, it just seems like giving yourself more opportunities to screw with blood pressure.

In regards to it being muscle sparing or not, I personally can't really say. I ran it about a year and a half ago with some awesome success - and that was before I even really knew about nutrition. I dropped a pretty decent amount of fat and it was when I first really got my abs carved out. The next time around, I'll use a natty test booster along with it for some added benefit. And actually, I'm planning on running E/C and adding some Lean Xtreme along with it for cortisol control along the way.

Hope that's helpful.