ZMA is totally ineffective? - AnabolicMinds.com

ZMA is totally ineffective?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    ZMA is totally ineffective?


    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?



  2. Banned
    boricuarage's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    34
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    trust the Germans bro...
    they know there ****..!!!
  3. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1619

    Reputation

    Hmmmmm. Don't know what to say about that one. Anytime I have used ZMA with Arginine/Ornithine combo I wake up with morning wood. I've tried using just one of those afore mentioned, and no such wood. Sleep was also somewhat better, and recovery was a bit better. Can't say I noticed anything in the libido department though.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by subweevil View Post
    Hmmmmm. Don't know what to say about that one. Anytime I have used ZMA with Arginine/Ornithine combo I wake up with morning wood. I've tried using just one of those afore mentioned, and no such wood. Sleep was also somewhat better, and recovery was a bit better. Can't say I noticed anything in the libido department though.
    did you read the study?

    personally i used products (ZMA) with L-OptiZinc and nothing and i read mixed reviews
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  5. Senior Member
    subweevil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,465
    Rep Power
    1619

    Reputation

    I didn't get a chance to read the study yet, but will here in like 5 mins. Just saw the thread and figured I'd post my results.
  6. New Member
    DaJaP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    176

    Reputation

    tried a few bottles last year, didnt notice a damn thing at all, thats just me though
  7. New Member
    2die4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    I think ZMA its a waste of money just get a multivitamin instead..
  8. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    guys what did you think about ZMK by Millennium Sport Technologies????
    advanced nighttime Krebs chelated multi mineral formula
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  9. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,412
    Rep Power
    700735

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I have personally used ZMK with EndoAmp and BCAAs and have bloods around here somewhere that show a good raise in testosterone... BUT, here is where things are a bit hazy, I was shut down for over a year and the compounds returned me to normal, rather than raising it higher.

    People who train hardcore will become deficient in Zinc and that is where ZMA will help with test levels.

    Personally i get a good effect from 50mg prebed. Increased load volume is always a plus in my book.
    The Historic PES Legend
  10. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122080

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I have personally used ZMK with EndoAmp and BCAAs and have bloods around here somewhere that show a good raise in testosterone... BUT, here is where things are a bit hazy, I was shut down for over a year and the compounds returned me to normal, rather than raising it higher.

    People who train hardcore will become deficient in Zinc and that is where ZMA will help with test levels.

    Personally i get a good effect from 50mg prebed. Increased load volume is always a plus in my book.
    so ZMK is best?
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  11. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,412
    Rep Power
    700735

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    so ZMK is best?
    I have always trusted MSTs product, so my personal opinion is that ZMK is top notch.
    The Historic PES Legend
  12. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350690

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Don't take Zinc and Magnesium because you want to raise your test. Take them because they are imperative co-factors for literally hundreds of enzymes.

    Training depletes these minerals and, while taking won't raise your test above normal levels, it will keep your body functioning properly.

    In preventing deficiency, you're maintaining your hormones at a healthy level. Let your zinc and mag levels drop off, and your test is gonna drop too.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  13. Senior Member
    Jstrong20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    80335

    Reputation Reputation

    I think it will only work if your deficent in Zinc.
  14. BBB
    Senior Member
    BBB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    321365

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Magnesium has very poor oral bioavailability. Transdermal is best.

    MEGA Minerals (Zinc/Magnesium)

    Oftentimes, our being caught up in the marketing hype of “ZMA” formulas to increase testosterone levels is what misleads the consumer to thinking these minerals have no application. This could NOT be a bigger misconception, especially during the post-cycle time frame. We will address zinc and magnesium one by one.

    Magnesium Glycinate (Patent #4,830,716)
    According to recent Hanes and Gallop surveys, at least 72% of all adult Americans fall short of the U.S. RDA for magnesium (bodybuilders whose nutrient tallies increase precipitously are the worst offenders). Serum (blood) magnesium levels are NOT an accurate test for total body stores of this mineral because magnesium is primarily a cellular mineral. Also, stress depletes this mineral rapidly. During the post-cycle time frame, the body experiences a significant stress load with its newfound exogenous extraction and anabolic depletion. Thus, supplementing magnesium is of DIRE concern for individuals going through PCT.

    Magnesium is a catalyst for at least 30 organic functions. Some of its benefits include: protein synthesis, regulation of parathyroid hormone release which regulates bone calcification, cellular respiration, nerve transmission, prostaglandin synthesis, and cardiac muscle health.

    Some of the most alarming magnesium deficiency symptoms which are rarely diagnosed by the medical profession relate to the following disorders: hypotension, hypertension, kidney stones, muscular weakness, neuromuscular irritability, hemolytic anemia, bronchial asthma, organic brain syndrome, migraine headaches, tachycardia, cardiac arrhythmia, myocardial infarction, edema, hyperkinetic behavior, insomnia, severe muscle pain, seizures, vertigo, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes, coarse muscle tremors, osteoporosis, psychiatric disorders, shortness of breath, and poor pulmonary function.

    Those that like the “you can get enough magnesium from diet alone” proponents are very far off! This is in addition to most supplemental magnesium coming in oxide, aspartate, sulfate, or hydrochloride forms which can cause diarrhea and abdominal cramps among sensitive individuals. This is further compounded by combining magnesium with other minerals – NAMELY calcium WHICH IMPEDES the absorption of magnesium in these forms, yet most formulas boast combos of these two vital minerals in some way, shape, or form. Magnesium glycinate, on the other hand, is a patented (U.S. Patent #4,830,716) revolutionary process of chelating magnesium to glycine so that magnesium is absorbed like an amino acid. It is so well absorbed that it is NOT dependent on stomach acid or diet. It is released easily into the target organs for higher absorption and nutrient density.

    Zinc
    An essential nutrient and a catalyst for over 30 bodily functions. Zinc deficiency plays a major role in the following health conditions: acne, anorexia nervosa, delayed sexual response, growth impairment, hair loss, fatigue, memory loss, macular degeneration, high LDL cholesterol, poor appetite control, impaired night vision, impotence, infertility, acuity of taste and smell, poor protein synthesis, increased susceptibility to infection, skin lesions, propensity for diabetes, prostate enlargement (see below), recurrent colds and flu, and slow wound healing. Major food sources for zinc are fish, shellfish (be careful here, however as shellfish remain a major source of iodine as well and this can be a real concern for acne sufferers – especially in PCT time frame – this is the one food association that has been supported by research), meat, eggs, soy (though I don’t encourage the use of this in PCT), nuts/seeds – especially sunflower seeds.

    HERE’S THE KICKER! With copious caloric intake during a cycle, it is VERY easy to become downloaded with excess dietary sugar which DEPLETES ZINC STORES QUICKLY – it is imperative to cut this depletion off at the pass and make certain supplemental zinc is taken throughout the cycle to make the transition to PCT much easier. Also, compounds in insoluble fibers, particularly whole wheat and psyllium (a bodybuilder’s favorite supplemental source of fiber), BLOCK zinc’s absorption.

    Zinc is found in many forms when added to dietary supplements (oxide, aspartate, picolinate, sulphate, chelate, gluconate). Zinc in pill form tends to be absorbed best with the least side effects if in glycinate/arginate, amino acid, or gluconate bound forms. This is not to be confused with the orthomolecular dosing patterns sometimes suggested for immune ailments – for them, mouth absorption (either gargling with liquid zinc sulfate or sucking zinc lozenges) is essential.

    We will address dosing parameters for the PCT time frame in the next part of this series.
    __________________
    Dana Houser, MD, MHSA, CISSN

    Professional Associations: AACE, TES, ADA, ACP, ATA, PS, TOS, NLA, ASBMR, SHM, IHS, HPTHA, NSCA, ISSN
  15. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    ZMK is a very quality supp, makes sleep great. if you dont have $20+ a month to spend on ZMK, buy Zinc/copper combo for $10.
    BJJ = life
  16. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,925
    Rep Power
    76967

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Don't take Zinc and Magnesium because you want to raise your test. Take them because they are imperative co-factors for literally hundreds of enzymes.

    Training depletes these minerals and, while taking won't raise your test above normal levels, it will keep your body functioning properly.

    In preventing deficiency, you're maintaining your hormones at a healthy level. Let your zinc and mag levels drop off, and your test is gonna drop too.
    Wait it wont raise test levels by 342%? Screw that then.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  17. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    i actually saw a study they did in bulgaria or something, where they gave people a megadose of zinc (100mg+) and it did boost their free and total test. the only catch here is that much zinc is toxic to the body. otherwise, up to 50mg zinc takes care of deficiencies and will bring the test up to where it should be.
    BJJ = life
  18. New Member
    aj power's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    257

    Reputation

    There seems to be a few other studies that also support the position that ZMA does 'nadda'

    Nice call out for SNAC "... was done by supplements manufacturer himself. The manufacturer first claimed that the study had been published in the prestigious Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, [www.bodyandfitness.com] but this was not the case"

    I always thought it was an ok product ... Placebo I guess.
  19. New Member
    Xerxes's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    293

    Reputation

    I've been using ZMA in correlation with **** HCGenerate, which has ZMA in its ingredient profile, while on my SD cycle and its has helped, I believe that it has at least. On my previous cycles I didn't use ZMA and I experienced a severe loss of libido, and my overall shutdown seemed to be a lot worse; this also happened to me while on CEL HDROL. While using ZMA in conjunction with HCGenerate, I have experienced zero loss of libido, if anything I'm hornier then ever, and my shutdown doesn't seem as bad. I find this perplexing as I experienced greater shutdown and loss of libido while on HDROL, then when on SDROL, which is strange to say the least. This is of course anecdotal evidence, but I won't do another cycle without incorporating ZMA in some capacity.
  20. New Member
    ramon25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    118

    Reputation

    I agree with BBB transdermal magnesium OIL is the best form! Also raises DHEA leavels big time. The magnesium reacts with cholesterol in the skin and down the cascade comes out dhea. Up to three times as much! Also gets into the cells quicker since it bypasses the oral absorbtion bit.
  21. Advanced Member
    freefall365's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1036

    Reputation

    Great post BBB!

    So one can simply buy regular magnesium oil and rub it into the skin? I'm looking at a product that claims to be "100% pure magnesium chloride brine from the ancient Zeckstein Seabed in the Netherlands" LOL
  22. Senior Member
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1318

    Reputation

    I remember probably back in the late 90's or early 2000's when Bill Phillips was touting ZMA as the next biggest thing since sliced bread. I was stoked being so young and gullable back then that I went out and bought a bunch from EAS (he owned the company back then). You know what I noticed with ZMA? Not a damn thing! Seriously. It didn't absolutely nothing for me and I had 3 bottles to go through. But that's just me?

    BTW I'm heading out the gym and didn't get to read the article but I will once I get back home.
  23. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    its definitely a good supplement. working out can severely deplete mineral levels in athletes so zinc especially is a must have.
    BJJ = life
  24. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I've always used ZMA at 3 caps. After reading this dropped down to 2 caps. I eat a lot of red meat and also take OT twice a day. Any reason I would need 3 caps over 2?

  25. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    10502210

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I've always used ZMA at 3 caps. After reading this dropped down to 2 caps. I eat a lot of red meat and also take OT twice a day. Any reason I would need 3 caps over 2?
    A zinc tally test is cheap to buy. I have experimented with different doses and quickly restored my levels by bumping them up even higher for a brief period of time.
  26. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    A zinc tally test is cheap to buy. I have experimented with different doses and quickly restored my levels by bumping them up even higher for a brief period of time.
    you bought this test online?
    BJJ = life
  27. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    10502210

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Google it, it will all make sense!

    A very cheap way to try it if you are interested rather than paying more for a red blood cell zinc test.
  28. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Google it, it will all make sense!

    A very cheap way to try it if you are interested rather than paying more for a red blood cell zinc test.

    Is this something i could just go to the doc and have him take blood?

  29. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    10502210

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Tally test is the most accessible zinc status test and is a liquid. You can buy a bottle for $10-$15 (at a guess from over the pond) which contains numerous tests. You keep the zinc sulphate solution in your mouth, swill it around and assess by the perceived taste after 10 seconds.

    If you get a blood test you would want red blood cell zinc levels not serum zinc levels. The RBC zinc test is superior.
  30. BBB
    Senior Member
    BBB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    321365

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My doctor prescribes trandermal magnesium to all his patients along with Iodoral. Both are great for health and longivity.
  31. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,925
    Rep Power
    76967

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Tally test is the most accessible zinc status test and is a liquid. You can buy a bottle for $10-$15 (at a guess from over the pond) which contains numerous tests. You keep the zinc sulphate solution in your mouth, swill it around and assess by the perceived taste after 10 seconds.

    If you get a blood test you would want red blood cell zinc levels not serum zinc levels. The RBC zinc test is superior.
    Cool! That's the same way one would test of stomach acid levels. Take one HCl tab and if it burns in your stomach, keep dosing until it stops burning. When it stops burning you've successfully increased stomach acid

    Going to have to try this one with zinc though.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  32. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    10502210

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Transdermal Mg is definitely a good idea.

    People talk about toxic levels of minerals, zinc especially but don't take into account digestive issues and how much is actually being absorbed. I have suffered with gut issues and had to megadose zinc for a month before I made any serious progress on my zinc levels.
  33. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    im about to order some trans dermal magnesium, anyone have any experience with it? how much/where to apply?
    BJJ = life
  34. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    10502210

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Cool! That's the same way one would test of stomach acid levels. Take one HCl tab and if it burns in your stomach, keep dosing until it stops burning. When it stops burning you've successfully increased stomach acid

    Going to have to try this one with zinc though.
    I have done both of Poliquin's Biosignature courses so am very familiar with these. The HCL test has it's critics but anecdotally it has a lot of supporters, myself included.

    HCL is very important for absorbing zinc, hence me megadosing. My HCL levels are poor!
  35. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135804

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Tally test is the most accessible zinc status test and is a liquid. You can buy a bottle for $10-$15 (at a guess from over the pond) which contains numerous tests. You keep the zinc sulphate solution in your mouth, swill it around and assess by the perceived taste after 10 seconds.

    If you get a blood test you would want red blood cell zinc levels not serum zinc levels. The RBC zinc test is superior.


    Thanks a lot man,reps! I have to go get blood work done anyway so I'll make sure add this to the list.
  36. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    10502210

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    im about to order some trans dermal magnesium, anyone have any experience with it? how much/where to apply?
    You can get Mg chloride oil at different concentrations or Mg sulfate as in Poliquin's topical magnesium product. The oil can sting and feel a bit sticky whereas the oil is easier and more pleasant to apply, as well as much more expensive.

    Thin areas of the skin like back of knees, feet etc for those with a high body fat. Someone like you doesn't have to be as choosy.
  37. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    You can get Mg chloride oil at different concentrations or Mg sulfate as in Poliquin's topical magnesium product. The oil can sting and feel a bit sticky whereas the oil is easier and more pleasant to apply, as well as much more expensive.

    Thin areas of the skin like back of knees, feet etc for those with a high body fat. Someone like you doesn't have to be as choosy.
    so mg chloride is cheap, burns and sticky. mg sulfate is pleasant and expensive. ok thanks, repsss
    BJJ = life
  38. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    10502210

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Thanks a lot man,reps! I have to go get blood work done anyway so I'll make sure add this to the list.
    Pleasure, feel free to post results. Everyone can always benefit from learning more.

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    so mg chloride is cheap, burns and sticky. mg sulfate is pleasant and expensive. ok thanks, repsss
    Also a pleasure. Yes, Mike Mahler is a big advocate of Magnesium Chloride oils after he reported a significant rise in DHEA levels following a month of use (from memory).
  39. Senior Member
    jaydollars's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    27389

    Reputation

    ZMA is a staple for me, and I use it all year for the sleep benefits, regardless if it boosts T or not, I sleep deeply and have vivid dreams when using it, and I only get 5-6 hours a sleep each day because of my terrible work/school schedule...whenever I run out I seem to be exhausted and never seem to get enough sleep

    I guess it could be a placebo effect, "knowing" that I will sleep deeper and get a better nights sleep could alone relax me enough to probably make it happen, but who knows.

    The sleep benefits are all that I have noticed, I would say that my exercise results do not really vary with or without it, because I occasionally will go a month or so without any ZMA when I run out and get to lazy to order
  40. Advanced Member
    sking6464's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    988
    Rep Power
    35755

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    ZMA is a staple for me, and I use it all year for the sleep benefits, regardless if it boosts T or not, I sleep deeply and have vivid dreams when using it, and I only get 5-6 hours a sleep each day because of my terrible work/school schedule...whenever I run out I seem to be exhausted and never seem to get enough sleep

    I guess it could be a placebo effect, "knowing" that I will sleep deeper and get a better nights sleep could alone relax me enough to probably make it happen, but who knows.

    The sleep benefits are all that I have noticed, I would say that my exercise results do not really vary with or without it, because I occasionally will go a month or so without any ZMA when I run out and get to lazy to order
    x2 same here
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. GPLC ineffective at 3g/day (study)
    By nattydisaster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 07:55 AM
  2. Testosterone Ineffective
    By corsaking in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
  3. Does anyone think lat pulldowns are ineffective ?
    By ReaperX in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 04:10 PM
  4. T-gel ineffective for anyone else?
    By bigskinny in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
  5. TTA Ineffective for Weight Loss?
    By CDB in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 07:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in