Mixing Alcohol and a Nutrient Partitioner?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone know the side effects of mixing alcohol with a Nutrient Partitioner?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
in theory there shouldnt be a problem because beer is a carbohydrate and high in calories.so you could argue that the ingredients of the nutrient partitioner will work with it.However the beer doesnt provide clean carbs and because its not complex carbs you could get fat .Just my take on it but no doubt other views will follow

ouTTKAst

ouTTKAst

Awards
Wouldn't mix alcohol with any type of legitimate cycle or run of supplements. Most run 4 to 6, if your serious about making gains I would refrain from drinking for atleast that period of time if you can't I wouldnt waste money on any type of supp. No animosity here an don't want it to be taken that way just how I feel about the subject. If it's just a nutrient partitioner an don't have any major goals it's up to you but I can't see any complications from it less of defeating any positive effects.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have taken anabolic pump before drinking
b/c it lowers your blood sugar level you feel a buzz faster and will feel drunk faster
on two different occasions i over imbibed but had no hangover the next day I think one of the ingredients in AP lowers inflammation. I've been reading about prickly pear extract lowering your inflammation response to drinking alcohol and lessening the hangover so this is why I assume this.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
b/c it lowers your blood sugar level you feel a buzz faster and will feel drunk fasteron two different occasions i over imbibed but had no hangover the next day I think one of the ingredients in AP lowers inflammation. I've been reading about prickly pear extract lowering your inflammation response to drinking alcohol and lessening the hangover so this is why I assume this.
Now that is a benefit that I bet not too many think of LOL.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
b/c it lowers your blood sugar level you feel a buzz faster and will feel drunk faster
on two different occasions i over imbibed but had no hangover the next day I think one of the ingredients in AP lowers inflammation. I've been reading about prickly pear extract lowering your inflammation response to drinking alcohol and lessening the hangover so this is why I assume this.
This fact will be accepted with open arms here at the gyms of the ohio state university.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
That'll save me some money every week, thats good to know

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It has been a while since I have done this but I also think i felt like my glycogen stores were depleted more so than drinking without AP. I could be mistaken though.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
glad to see everyone has got their priorities right -take supplement to get drunk faster.

Are we not forgetting the supplement was bought in the first place with the intention of adding muscle

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does anyone know the side effects of mixing alcohol with a Nutrient Partitioner?
when you drink alchohol it becomes the primary energy source for the boudy, most of all the other nutrients end up being stored as body fat.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe there will be any negative effects save the loss of the positive effects.. I too have noticed the lowered consumption limit. Make yourself a cheap date that's for sure.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Even when training and dieting properly, most of us want to get out every once in a while at least and have a few drinks. Training and diet are important, but going out to a bar with friends is as well. You might as well have some form of damage control on hand, be it a nutrient partitioning supplement or "carb blocker."

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol messes with the bodies ability to convert carbs to glycogen. Id be afraif that a nutrient partitioner would force more alcohol into my cells, and mess with glycogen even more, not to mention that it's basicaly a toxin, so you could end up absorbing more of a toxin. That's all just theory though.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol messes with the bodies ability to convert carbs to glycogen. Id be afraif that a nutrient partitioner would force more alcohol into my cells, and mess with glycogen even more, not to mention that it's basicaly a toxin, so you could end up absorbing more of a toxin. That's all just theory though.
Yeah, I don't specifically take one before heading out but I'm not going to freak if I had one earlier and then head out. Honestly I've noticed a lesser tolerance a few hours after a preworkout too.