Creatine and ribose

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When is the best time to take them since you can't take them at the same time since it competes for absorption I was thinking pre creatine and post ribose.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
The results from the studies i read during a quick google scholar search on ribose supplementation related to sports performance are pretty mixed. It seemed to have no effect on already healthy individuals but did help with those suffering from chronic fatigue.

Doesn't seem worth the shot considering one test used 4g four times a day ( and had zero effect on exercise) and it costs about $49 for 500g (a months worth at the tested dosage). To me it seems kinda pricey for a good chance of it not working IMO.

http://esnl.tamu.edu/Publications/IJSNEM13-76-86-03.pdf

http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2003/02000/Effects_of_Ribose_Supplementation_on_Repeated.8.aspx

ouTTKAst

ouTTKAst

Awards
I would dose the creatine 30-40 before lifting and start taking the ribose about 15 into work out an drink it threw out until finished. Agree with post above, not sure how effective it will be studies I have read are on the fence at best. Buy everyones body reacts differently to supplements so hard to base judgment on them.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I read a lot about it and people liking it . I have a bottle I haven't used since I'm doing some sponsored logs but am very curious.

ouTTKAst

ouTTKAst

Awards
I read a lot about it and people liking it . I have a bottle I haven't used since I'm doing some sponsored logs but am very curious.
Might as well man. Never hurts to try, everyone reacts differently could end up awesome for you.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
If you have it already, then go for it. Iheard if you're using it with creatine to take it in a 2/1 mixture (2g-ribose to 1g-creatine). Never read about them competeing with each other. I was interested in it too but to dose properly for an experiment, it wasn't very attractive price-wise.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's why you will never see a preworkout product with both in it at the same time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
years ago a company[i think it was eas]had a ribose/creatine product. gnc was giving out samples[i went to school with the manager and she hooked me up]. i had great results with it. not sure what the ratio was but it was grape flavored and tasted pretty good.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't heard anyone talk about this combo in over 5 years. I tried it and didn't see anything above creatine supplementation. There are much better options out there than another sugar.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't heard anyone talk about this combo in over 5 years. I tried it and didn't see anything above creatine supplementation. There are much better options out there than another sugar.
hahaha, i agree-creatine nitrate looks much more interesting.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ribose is supposed to increase explosive short power duration, i.e. 1 rep max. There was a study on it, don't remember the ource/if it was here.
I always thought about trying some but for BBing i don't see much a purpose if thats its main ability.
So if anything, ribose pre, creatine post.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If Chuck was still around he could talk about Ribose, it was one of the main ingredient in is NoEsther creatine mix that got quit good review !

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mike bridges uses it and swears by it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He's a really strong old I his 50s power lifter.. He has bunch of records check him out. Or YouTube him.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1O pre 10 post