BCAA or just L-Leucine?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. BCAA or just L-Leucine?!?!

Ok so I found a place that I could get 5lb 4:1:1 BCAA for $55.99 or I could get 2lb L-Leucine for $18.99. Isn't the L-Leucine the most important amino acid? So which one should I go with?
    Lockout Supplements Rep
    Discount Code = anabolic05
    www.LockoutSupplements.com

2. leucine is very important, but from what i understand it needs to be taken with other aminos or food to have the optimal effect. id go for the 4:1:1. i usually like to throw at least a little bit of eaa's into my mix as well, tho but its not necessary
    •   

3. can you post up the reading that leaucine needs to be taken with aminos or food for the effect on m-tor please

im always on the fence to take aminos empty stomach and without WHOLE protein sources due to the ingestion being seen as just extra protein and not as the sole amino and that they will act differently and not have as great of an effect on the pathways it was intended for

4. So what should I do?! BCAA or L-Leucine?
    Lockout Supplements Rep

5. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    can you post up the reading that leaucine needs to be taken with aminos or food for the effect on m-tor please

im always on the fence to take aminos empty stomach and without WHOLE protein sources due to the ingestion being seen as just extra protein and not as the sole amino and that they will act differently and not have as great of an effect on the pathways it was intended for
    ive seen seen it mentioned a few times. dont remember where or have links to studies. sry :-/
    •   

6. BCAA!!!!

7. So how much BCAA through out the day? I know in the morning it should through the body into anabolic gear but what about rest of it? My post workout shake has a lot of BCAA because of the hydro whey and casein protein.

MuscleFeast Hydro whey:
    7.8 Grams balanced BCAA
    MuscleFeast Casein protein:
    4.2 Grams of balanced BCAA(which I take 1.5 serving so 6.3g of BCAA)
    Lockout Supplements Rep

8. http://superhumanradio.com/component...R_Show_624.mp3 Listen to this audio call. Has some good inforation aout bcaa vs leuie.

9. Quote Originally Posted by luelinks View Post
    So how much BCAA through out the day? I know in the morning it should through the body into anabolic gear but what about rest of it? My post workout shake has a lot of BCAA because of the hydro whey and casein protein.

MuscleFeast Hydro whey:
    7.8 Grams balanced BCAA
    MuscleFeast Casein protein:
    4.2 Grams of balanced BCAA(which I take 1.5 serving so 6.3g of BCAA)
    everyone ive seen talk about muscle feast bought both the casein and the whey. did u buy them seperately or was there like a deal buying them together?

i think post workout you are all set. morning and pre workout are times to take additional aminos. I usually do 10g each.

10. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    everyone ive seen talk about muscle feast bought both the casein and the whey. did u buy them seperately or was there like a deal buying them together?

i think post workout you are all set. morning and pre workout are times to take additional aminos. I usually do 10g each.
    it wasn't a deal. I've using there stuff for six months now. They are AMAZING!!!!!!!!
    Lockout Supplements Rep

11. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    http://superhumanradio.com/component...R_Show_624.mp3 Listen to this audio call. Has some good inforation aout bcaa vs leuie.
    Thanks bro I'll check it out
    Lockout Supplements Rep

12. What did you think?

13. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    What did you think?
    Just what I was told by that dr. dude in my gym(well his going for his dr.). So L-leucine is the best choice and I could get the rest of the BCAA from my shakes

Also MuscleFeast has the cheapest L-Leucine!!!!! $19 for 2 effin lbs!!!!!!! Super cheap! I'm at 209 right now but I'll do 30g/day+the shakes.
    Lockout Supplements Rep

14. Oh I'll rep you when I can bro again thanks!
    Lockout Supplements Rep

15. Np hope it helped.

16. Great info. in this thread. Thanks!
    Also...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17. bcaa's all the way. If anything add more leucine but bcaa as your base. Personally I use ibcaa's and map post workout with some gatorade powder and about 20-30 minutes later a scoop of whey, much better recovery since starting that.

18. Lately, I've been doing 2 servings of MAP and 7.5g of BCAA. I've noticed less distention in my abs along with leaner intercostals and upper abs. That's really the only change I've made to my diet in the past 6 weeks or so. MAP is a tad low in overall leucine, but it absorbs incredibly quickly and the BCAA is to add in both the extra leucine and to keep the BCAA pool balanced to closer to the amount present in muscle tissue.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Lately, I've been doing 2 servings of MAP and 7.5g of BCAA. I've noticed less distention in my abs along with leaner intercostals and upper abs. That's really the only change I've made to my diet in the past 6 weeks or so. MAP is a tad low in overall leucine, but it absorbs incredibly quickly and the BCAA is to add in both the extra leucine and to keep the BCAA pool balanced to closer to the amount present in muscle tissue.
    This is probably a stupid question, but what is MAP?

20. Quote Originally Posted by RexGrandis View Post
    This is probably a stupid question, but what is MAP?
    Maximum Absorbed Protein by Primordial Performance.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

21. Quote Originally Posted by HATEFULone View Post
    bcaa's all the way. If anything add more leucine but bcaa as your base. Personally I use ibcaa's and map post workout with some gatorade powder and about 20-30 minutes later a scoop of whey, much better recovery since starting that.
    Good advice.

22. Leucine is a ketogenic amino acid

and why not this: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...500-grams.html

23. I have used bulk eaa plus some extra bcaa's mixed in that I drank pre/intra workout. If flavor is an issue I would use ibcaa's from primordial performance with some purple wrath from controlled labs, seems like that would make a good combo as well.

And to the guy asking about map, it is peptopro that actually doesn't taste like booty finally.

24. Quote Originally Posted by luelinks View Post
    So what should I do?! BCAA or L-Leucine?
    what I would say you should do is BCAA's for sure.
    i like PP's IBCAA's it m ixs very easly.
    i take like 20-40g ed ontop of my whey.
    somtimes i add it to my need2whey for extra bcaas.

25. both.... bcaa with extra leucine.... all bulk

26. Does anyone make a flavored Leucine product yet that doesn't taste like Arsenic? LOL
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

27. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Does anyone make a flavored Leucine product yet that doesn't taste like Arsenic? LOL
    You could always just mix it in with something else that has a decent flavour.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

28. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    You could always just mix it in with something else that has a decent flavour.
    That ^!

I don't know if I could mention this or not but ummm here's a clue. A company that use to be bored sponsors and are famous for there protein sell natural and artificial flavoring. You could try that out

But good pure L-Leucine does NOT mix and flavorless does NOT taste good.
    Lockout Supplements Rep

29. I've heard of people using vitaberry to flavor their bcaa's, am awaiting mine in the mail so I'll be able to fill everyone in shortly.

30. Quote Originally Posted by HATEFULone View Post
    I've heard of people using vitaberry to flavor their bcaa's, am awaiting mine in the mail so I'll be able to fill everyone in shortly.
    VitaBerry tastes like heaven and is a GREAT addition to any supplement shake IMO

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. EAA, BCAA or Leucine. Which do you prefer?
    By Timme in forum Supplements
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
  2. Bulk Leucine or BCAA during the day
    By evankyle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 05:27 PM
  3. BCAA, LEUCINE, CM setup
    By wantstobeinshap in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 12:01 AM