Best protein bar/snack?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So whats the go?

Whats the best value protein bar? I guess in term's of a healthy snack, more protein, less carbs/fats???

I love beef jerky, but it's god dam expensive! I know you American's have protein cookies/chips n all sorts!

I found the best value for me, was Met-Rx Protein Plus bar's.. I get them for $2.12AU each.. I have to buy 100, and shipping cost me 60US-70 or so to Australia

I know diet is important, but i'd rather have better snack's laying around, than chip's or ice cream!!!

Thanks!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing digests worse for me than the many protein bars Ive tried, I suggest packing shakes and real food for when your on the go.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I like Quest Bars they have a great ingredient profile and taste great!!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing digests worse for me than the many protein bars Ive tried, I suggest packing shakes and real food for when your on the go.
Shakes don't fill me up, and I don't have a hunger for real food.

I like protein bars! lol

kyleintheknow

Awards
Shakes don't fill me up, and I don't have a hunger for real food.

I like protein bars! lol
Shakes actually fill me up pretty quickly, but I don't really like them anyways. I eat about 5 quest bars per week and have been happy with them. Their ingredient list is great.

Last edited:

marinecorpman

Awards
Quest are indeed delicious, crunchy peanut butter!

kyleintheknow

Awards
Quest are indeed delicious, crunchy peanut butter!
The peanut butter flavor is awesome! It tastes like it's actually made of real ingredients unlike those sticky/candy like protein bars full of sugar.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Might have to go with VPX on this one since they use whole foods apparently.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
For real?

Met-rx give bad gas.. Universal taste pretty good.....
Yessir, take a look at their info to be certain. Can't always go on taste when it comes to a better body :/

The best way of course is to just make your own protein bars. This way you can put as much or little of whatever you want in them. Just going to take a little work ;)