What kind of supplements should I use?

DVG

Awards
I am 17, 6' 175 lbs. Im planning on buying supplements but am not sure what I should get. I want to put on about another 20-30 lbs of muscle and then cut down to a lower body fat then I currently have. It is very important that I am only gaining lean mass and not fat. Also, what should I focus on to have a good body? I know I need to work on legs, lol
Bench ~ 200 lbs,
Squat ~ 155 lbs

Thanks

Attachments

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
At your age the only things you really need is a multi along with protein and some creatine. If money is not a issue some BCAA can help as for the other supplements you really don't need them at this point.

CRcatcher06

Awards
At your age the only things you really need is a multi along with protein and some creatine. If money is not a issue some BCAA can help as for the other supplements you really don't need them at this point.
The only other thing i could think of would be some fish oil, again like pembroke said only if money is not an issue.

ouTTKAst

ouTTKAst

Awards
agreed, to young to be doing anything else honestly. Only thing that I can think of that could be useful at your age and not be harmful to your body is a nutrient partitioning supp like mstak from animal pak. It will help put on lean mass. Maybe some EFAs as well. Best of luck

DVG

Awards
Ive heard good things about Pro Complex and Jack3d, what are your thoughts on those?

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Food, sleep and water are your best friends when it comes to training... I wouldn't waste my money on supplement as where you are now, I would spend em on better food... just my thoughts..

CRcatcher06

Awards
I use jack3d but it isnt a necessary thing. I use it for a stimulant before training mostly but there are some extra amino acids included. IMO you would be better off with some bulk BCAA's instead of the jack3d, better bang for your buck and very similar effects just no caffeine. Again all of these are not necessary just luxury for you at this point. Good luck

DVG

Awards
Do you already use stimulants?
Right now I use Nano vapor, but I wont start taking anything else until I run out. I wasnt too impressed with it though, Im using 2 cups before every workout and barely feel a difference

ouTTKAst

ouTTKAst

Awards
I would throw anything from muscle tech away

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Other than caffeine, Nano has like no effective amount of the 500 active ingredients in it. Just a buttload of caffeine.

I would stay away from geranium-containing ingredients like jack3d at your age. Those types of pre-workout drinks won't make you big. They do have some good things in them like creatine and beta alanine.

What are you looking for from a pre-workout drink perspective since you say Nano didn't do much for you?

DVG

Awards
Other than caffeine, Nano has like no effective amount of the 500 active ingredients in it. Just a buttload of caffeine.

I would stay away from geranium-containing ingredients like jack3d at your age. Those types of pre-workout drinks won't make you big. They do have some good things in them like creatine and beta alanine.

What are you looking for from a pre-workout drink perspective since you say Nano didn't do much for you?
I want to be able to lift more and get a bigger pump while Im in the gym, I just didnt respond well to nano vapor as I think alot of people dont

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ya keep it simple
10g creapure creatine after lifting
10g bcaa between each meal
protein 2g/lb body weight

and eat bro

and get your ass int eh squat rack and deadlifts! benching more than your squat is just bad, yet its even worse to not squat your body weight.....