usnic acid log

wimpy

Awards
starting sunday i will be doing a two week cycle of UA along with diet and cardio in an attempt to drop some body fat. I will keep a log, and will have body composition tested at the end of the two weeks.

stats as of today (body comp test done at golds today)
male - 30yrs old
173.5lbs
5'9"
16.3% bf

i have always been active (running, biking, weight training). started really focusing on the weights three years ago, but had no idea what i was doing. thanks in no small part to this board i got my **** together, and have gone from 155lbs to 175lbs in the past year (was down today due to being sick and unable to eat solid food for 3 days this week).

training will be 45 minutes moderate cardio 6 days a week. it will be either during lunch or in the evening. i just can not exercise in the morning, i am lucky to get my shoes on the right feet. not a morning person. weight training will be 2 days a week, upper/lower split, IA style "hardgainer" routine.

diet: 2400 calories/day 40/40/20 (see post in diet and nutrition forum for details) http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?p=142994#post142994

UA: purchased from custom. start at minimum dose, work up from there.

any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Last edited:
tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to start my UA after the 4th of July weekend, so I will be keeping a close eye on this log. Good luck!

randydogsf

Awards
Wimpy -

Some advice, based on hard-learned experience: Monitor yourself -very- carefully while on UA. The worst rash I have ever seen on anyone, by far, happened to me while on UA... and I am -not- prone to rashes.

If you start to develop a rash or skin inflamation while on the UA, stop taking it -immediately-. If the rash continues to get worse for more than a day or so, get to a doctor for some prednisone or other potent steroidal anti-inflamatory. Do not take aspirin or Iboprofen or use topical anti-itch creams - that can actually make it worse.

With me, it started on about day 8 of the UA with a wierd tingle and itchy discomfort just in front of my armpits. By the next morning, it had spread to cover most of my chest. I stopped taking the UA at this point and called the doctor. He said the rash was going to get worse before it got better, as the UA worked its way out of my system. He told me to take Benedryl and take cool baths and to hang in there.

The rash continued to grow for another 5 days, until it covered my entire body except for my genitals. The rash made my skin puffy, bumpy, bright red, burning hot, and incredibly itchy. It was extremely painful to have any sort of sensation on my skin - the gentle breeze of a window fan made me gasp, and the evaporation of moisture on my skin (like when getting out of a tub of cool water) felt like someone doused me in gasoline and lit a match.

HUGE amounts of benedryl + tylanol made it -just- bearable... but on that much benedryl I was essentially halluicinating and delusional. I finally stumbled to the doctor's office and told him he either had to cure me or kill me. He gave me a 6-day pre-measured series of prednisone. The next day the inflamation started to resolve... and by the end of the prednisone I was almost back to normal. (It took about 2 more weeks for the rash to completely resolve.)

Not trying to be a fear-monger... but if you seach the strings, you'll find a few others reporting similar problems. It's only a small percentage of the people who use UA, apparently, but if you're one of the people.... YIKES!!!

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
First off....once you have a rash from dnp/UA benedryl is extremely ineffective. It might help the duration decrease a bit, but if you planned your cycle intelligently you would have had quercetin dosed throughout (and preferably prior to starting) thus eliminating the majority of rashes.
Secondly, I personally think UA is weak, possibly liver toxic (thus the tylenol would not be a good idea), and that if uncouplers are used, it should be all or nothing. That said, for 90% of the people I would say the choice should be nothing. There are other options out there that would give you more satisfactory results with less negative sides.

randydogsf

Awards
Scottyo -

In defense of both my intellegence and my cycle... :)

I did, in fact, research UA thoroughly. I knew about the posibility of rash before I started the cycle, but never came across the suggestion to dose it with quercetin. In fact, for all my research on this and a lot of other topics, I had never even heard of the stuff until you brought it up.

To be fair, it doesn't appear that quercetin is at all a common thing that I "should" have known about... (For instance, the term "quercetin" only appears a few times on the entire anabolicminds website, and never until now in connection with UA or any uncouplers.)

Personally, I'll never touch the UA again. But for those who choose to, they now know about quercetin.

wimpy

Awards
randy: thanks for the heads up. i have read every post here and at bb.com on the stuff. i plan on taking it very slow and monitoring very closely for the dreaded UA rash. it seems to me most people get the rash after the pass the 1gm mark. i don't plan on going that high at all. what dosage were you at when you had the problems?

scottyo: what would you sugest that would be more effective with less sides? from what i have read, the only things more effective would be thyroid drugs or DNP, neither of which am i ready to experiment with yet.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Randy: nothing personal bro. But their are other sources of information besides this message board. Secondly, while efficacy and even modes of action may vary somewhat, it is always good to look at parallels (ie UA and dnp) and see similar ancillary regimens. Quercetin is a very solid supplement for any rash period, and does not have the negative side effects (drowsiness) that accompany benedryl.

Wimpy: There's a whole range of methods/supps to lose weight. What exactly are you looking to accomplish? Just because it is not as "potent" does not mean UA is necessarily safer then DNP. However, I do NOT recommend DNP and am glad you agree. Besides trimax/t3, there are numerous alternatives from clen, EC, nic, l-tyrosine, as well as dieting and workout "tricks" that can be just as effective if not more. However, you must identitfy the problems, and what you are looking to accomplish dieting wise before I can go much further.

wimpy

Awards
day 1:
weight: 175lbs
dose: 200mg (8am), 200mg(7pm)
exercise: 45 min moderate cardio
body temp:as of 8pm - 99.1
notes: dieting sucks. i am so hungry. some friends just invited me over for shrimp scampi and gumbo and beers. fuckers. i didn't expect body temp to rise so quickly, but i can def feel the increase. did i mention i am hungry?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
if you don't have problems with it, nicotine or other dopamigenics are very effective.

wimpy

Awards
i have to stay away from nicotine as i am a recovering nicotine addict :p

wimpy

Awards
day 2
weight: 173lbs
dose: 200mg (8am), 200mg(12pm), 200mg(7pm)
took ZMA last night before bed. started creatine today (2 - 5g doses).
body temp:as of 9pm - 98.9
notes: was feeling itchy all over this morning but it may have been psychosomatic. took claritin and it went away. i take the claritin almost every day anyway, so if it keeps the rash away that will be nice. the two pound difference could easily be from eating so much less than usual in the past 24 hours. still hungry but i don't think it is as bad as yesterday.
lethargic as hell, but i slept like crap last night due to the screaming baby in the apartment next to my bedroom.

Last edited:

the_destroyer55

Awards
day 2
dose: 200mg (8am), 200mg(12pm), 200mg(7pm)
took ZMA last night before bed. started creatine today (2 - 5mg doses).
body temp:as of 9pm - 98.9
notes: was feeling itchy all over this morning but it may have been psychosomatic. took claritin and it went away. i take the claritin almost every day anyway, so if it keeps the rash away that will be nice. the two pound difference could easily be from eating so much less than usual in the past 24 hours. still hungry but i don't think it is as bad as yesterday.
lethargic as hell, but i slept like crap last night due to the screaming baby in the apartment next to my bedroom.
I have run UA twice before, and I can definitely sympathize with your lethargy. Just sweat it out(and I mean that literally and figuratively), and you'll be glad. I have loved the results from UA.

the_destroyer55

Awards
BTW, I certainly hope that you mean 5g of creatine and not 5mg

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
for some reason, and it escapes me now why, I never took my temp on UA or SU. I had to run very high doses to elicit an effect, but I of course do not recommend this to everyone.

wimpy

Awards
destroyer: loll, yes I meant grams. i edited the post. thanks. and thanks for your logs over on bb.com on this stuff. They were a deciding factor in my trying this experiment.

wimpy

Awards
day 3:
dose: 200mg (8am), 200mg(12pm), 200mg(9.30pm)
ZMA, creatine (2 - 5mg doses).
exercise: 45 min moderate cardio during lunch
weights: upper body around 8
body temp:as of 9pm - 99 EDIT:as of 11:30pm - 99.3
notes: got sleep last night but still felling pretty slugish. hunger is not as bad today, i think i am getting used to the reduced calories. weight lifting sucked. felt weak as hell, but i was sick as a dog last week (ended up in the emergency room with severe dehydration after puking for 10 hours straight, ate about 1500 cals in 4 days)

Last edited:

wimpy

Awards
wtf? body temp low all day

day 4:
weight: 172-173lbs*
dose: 300mg (8am), 400mg(5pm)
body temp: 99.0
notes:*discovered gym scale sticks on the pivot a bit, makes it only accurate to + or - 2 pounds. hunger much less today, not lethargic at all.

Last edited:

wimpy

Awards
day 5:
weight: 172-173lbs
dose: 300mg (8am), 400mg(5pm)
body temp: 98.9
notes: the scale is pissing me off. since i only get within 2 pounds accurately i will probably just use my bathroom scale at home.

wimpy

Awards
day 7:
weight: 170lbs
dose: 400mg (10am), 300mg(6pm)
body temp: 98.6
notes: feel hot as hell today. sweating even though the ac is blasting, even though body temp is normal.

wimpy

Awards
day 8:
weight: 170.5lbs
dose: 400mg (8am), 300mg(6pm)
body temp: 99.4
notes: body temp is pretty high. i wonder why sometimes it is almost normal and sometimes it is so high. dropped cals to about 2000. i no longer feel like i am starving to death, thank god. the first few days sucked.

wimpy

Awards
day 8:
weight: 170.5lbs
dose: 400mg (8am), 300mg(6pm)
exercise: 30 min moderate cardio, upper body
body temp: taken at 10:30 before eating - 98.4
notes: feeling pretty good doing weights today. weights used stayed the same, but got a couple less reps each set than usual.

wimpy

Awards
today is the last day. bathroom scale first thing this morning said i was 168. will check on the scale at the gym today, but neither of them are very accurate. def looking leaner in the mirror. diet has been spot on the whole time minus one drink with a friend one night. i will wait several days to get the body comp check done again, in case i am retaining water due to the UA. destroyer55 reported losing 7 or so pounds in the 36 hours after stopping UA. diet and exercise will remain the same for the next two weeks(minus beer and burgers tomorrow - hey, it's the 4th!) so it will give me a good comparison on UA versus just diet and exercise.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the updates. I will be starting a 2-weeker (maybe less) shortly and have been following this thread to get an idea of how things go.

wimpy

Awards
final results

on tuesday got my comp checked again. this time it said 12.1%bf???? from 16.3??? no way. after looking at both my printouts my chestskin fold went from 13.3 to 4.9! one of those was wrong! so i went back today and got it redone and chest skin fold was about the same as the second test, so i concluded that the first one was wrong.

so now i have no way of knowing what i really started at. anyway, here are the measurements that seem valid.

before/after (mm)
abdomen skinfold - 25.1/22.0
thigh skinfold 15.9/13.1

so i lost some fat. can it be attributed to the UA? don't know. remember i did 45 minutes of cardio 12 out of 14 days, along with weights twice a week and reduced caloric intake.

i am pretty disapointed that this got screwed up. my plan was to do the next two weeks with just diet/exercise and compare the results but that is out the window. so i have started 10mg ed m1t to go for the next two weeks. the diet was making me feel weak as hell, the m1t should stop me from sliding any farther into pussyness.

i will update in two weeks anyway.

Last edited:

sjfou

Awards
Man, thats HEAPS of UA - i was recommended starting at 5mg, 3x p/day, upping it by 5g per dose every 3 days (ie. days 1-3 15mg, days 4-6 30mg, days 7-9 45mg) up to a max of 100mg p/day.
Daves Lipolyze only has 12mg per serve in & recommends it 3x a day - thats only a max of 36mg p/day, although their are obviously thermogenic ingredients that work hand-in-hand with the UA.

Anyway heres the link (if the mods remove for some reason, ill cut & paste the info):

Usnic Acid information - Anabolex Forums

pata320

pata320

Banned
Awards
That IS a bunch of usnic acid honestly... I was also taking Lipolyze at 8 caps daily and my body was hitting 100 degrees at times. Dave P recommends a MAX of 100mg daily of UA and past that, side effects increase. Anyone interested in this... just becareful, and research and use supporting supps.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i would love to see a log showing that weight loss is worth the risk. this stuff is proven to be toxic to the liver. lots of safer fatburners.

pata320

pata320

Banned
Awards
Maybe I could do a log with it at 6 caps daily of lipolyze and show lab work before and after to see what really goes on at those dosages...

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I could do a log with it at 6 caps daily of lipolyze and show lab work before and after to see what really goes on at those dosages...
What results did you get from Lipolyze?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Does Lipokinetix ring a bell to anyone ? That was Syntrax's product they sold back in the day, where a few individuals went to the hospital for liver transplants.

wimpy was taking 700-800mg of usnic acid huh ?

I wish I were around on this board back in '02-'05. Seems like that's when a lot of good stuff I've read occured.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow. Does Lipokinetix ring a bell to anyone ? That was Syntrax's product they sold back in the day, where a few individuals went to the hospital for liver transplants.

wimpy was taking 700-800mg of usnic acid huh ?

I wish I were around on this board back in '02-'05. Seems like that's when a lot of good stuff I've read occured.
hey reaper, i saw a site selling usnic acid cheap.:lol: i can't believe with all the info available anyone would touch this stuff.:think:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is Lipolyze still reasonably available? NM, I found it. interesting.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hey reaper, i saw a site selling usnic acid cheap.:lol: i can't believe with all the info available anyone would touch this stuff.:think:
you could say the same about superdrol. :eek:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you could say the same about superdrol. :eek:
amen brother. the whole idea is to get ripped, strong and healthy, not to die trying.