Advice on low sodium/potassium/phosphorus protein please

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Hi loyal AM members, need some advice from all of you please. I'm looking for some protein that is low in sodium,potassium and phosphorus. The reason for this is one of the reasons I'm not on here much anymore, I'm caring for a loved one who went on Dialysis, and is very restricted on what they can and cannot eat. This person is also a diabetic, which shouldn't come into play here. I'm already under the impression that most proteins won't be high in these, Isolate would be a good place to start and that Soy would be a no-no. I'm just looking for some input from those of you who might be in that know and what you would recommend. What really got me fired up about this is a doctor wanting to literally write a scrip for protein, which would have ended up costing like 60 bucks for 10 packets. When I went back with him for his doctor's visit and mentioned about whey and other forms of protein, the doctor advised me that they weren't "FDA approved" and his recommendation "Was." Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Id look at Platinum. I know their Hydro Whey doesn't really list these thinge, but i would email the company first.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I would say find a protein. Look at what's in it. Andd if you can't find those things on the lbel, email the company to be sure. Be sure to mention that SOMEBODY COULD DIE if they mislead you, just trying to get a buck.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can try trueprotein.com emal them and explain the situation. I think they rep here on the site too. Best of luck

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Truscience has what you are looking for, check out their website.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for all the help, again, greatly appreciated!!