Most EFFECTIVE protein

tyty7777

Awards
What do you guys recommend taking after a workout? Im currently on BSN syntha-6 strictly based on taste, but in need of a new supply so thought id ask?

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys recommend taking after a workout? Im currently on BSN syntha-6 strictly based on taste, but in need of a new supply so thought id ask?
I'm actually thinking TrueMass, but Syntha6 is a great protein. Also, body fortress whey protein I have used quite a bit, its cheap. Good bang for your buck :thumbsup:

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trunutrition Trutein or iso-ology.
I keep hearing good things about Trutein just dunno if i can justify it yet. I want to try it but Nutrapro works for me and the price is always good.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont think protein brands are gonna be that different for general purpose. Of course True Mass is a wt gainer so it has a different purpose than Syntha6. I buy a protein from Cytosport at Costco, taste is great and so is the price.

Some good price effective choices are:
-NutraPro
-LG Lipotropic Protein

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The one you'll drink and use is the most effective. Postworkout you'd be good to avoid too much fat but that's about it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mix w/e protein you have with liquid egg whites!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I dont think protein brands are gonna be that different for general purpose.
This.

Also, as far as I know (could be outdated) VPX is the only company to have all proteins tested and certified free of heavy metals.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Mix w/e protein you have with liquid egg whites!
I don't want to be a contrarian... but eggs digest better when cooked.

For the contest prep leading up to a show years ago, I actually carried around multiple egg-white containers in a lunch box (the milk carton-esque ones equating a 50g protein content) and would chug them as meal-time came.

Mix protein powder with Milk, as the emerging multitude of research is now highlighting the heightened anabolic response when whey is combined with milk, which is 80% casein.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't want to be a contrarian... but eggs digest better when cooked.

For the contest prep leading up to a show years ago, I actually carried around multiple egg-white containers in a lunch box (the milk carton-esque ones equating a 50g protein content) and would chug them as meal-time came.

Mix protein powder with Milk, as the emerging multitude of research is now highlighting the heightened anabolic response when whey is combined with milk, which is 80% casein.
I get the 32 oz liquid 100% whites and use 16 oz at a time. Keep em in my cooler next to me in the squad lol which lead to my nick name lunchbox.

I hate cooked eggs... It's so damn easy to chug them

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I get the 32 oz liquid 100% whites and use 16 oz at a time. Keep em in my cooler next to me in the squad lol which lead to my nick name lunchbox.

I work 10-15 hour shifts, so I actually use an insulated book-bag I carry so much food. Book-bag wouldn't be a cool name though...

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established

Agreed:D protein, and cals down just like that. Taste could be a bit better, but it's definitely easy :thumbsup:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
For Post-Workout I would recommend our Maximum Absorbed Protein.

Check it out here...

Read the science behind it. This is not your conventional protein, but rather a protein that will make a difference in recovery. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
What protein supps are you guys taking? Currently i'm taking cheap Body Fortress Whey Protein.. Want something new.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I dont think protein brands are gonna be that different for general purpose. Of course True Mass is a wt gainer so it has a different purpose than Syntha6. I buy a protein from Cytosport at Costco, taste is great and so is the price.

Some good price effective choices are:
-NutraPro
-LG Lipotropic Protein
x2.

Lipo has a great profile...

I still use Muscle guage but the profile is getting worse..(more carbs, less protein)...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Careful on what your posting as websites;)
Thank you though. I need to look into a few new protein sources, i want something comparable to what i take currently if not better. But, still good priced.
Oh NTBM is a sponsor... so links are fine, they pay rent be here.

MrDeadlift

Awards
After a workout I have used:
- Muscle Provider from Beverly International, pretty expensive though.
-Isopure from Nature's best
-Whey Pro-Amino from Healthy N' Fit

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For Post-Workout I would recommend our Maximum Absorbed Protein.

Check it out here...

Read the science behind it. This is not your conventional protein, but rather a protein that will make a difference in recovery. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
The science behind this is solid^^ Will be trying it out soon

I have been using Trutein lately and have had good results

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I work 10-15 hour shifts, so I actually use an insulated book-bag I carry so much food. Book-bag wouldn't be a cool name though...
I just seen this at target and it's not on my x Mas list! Haha

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me i have a hard time getting something to eat until 4 hours into my shifts at work and its a fairly demanding job physically. So before work its 1 scoop of VPX Stealth and 1 scoop of Core's MRP. I really do love VPX's Stealth especially for a PWO shake. After working out though i usually use my Nutrapro.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
whey protein! done.
what ever is decant quality and cheap price.

jefjmnz

Awards
I also use Syntha-6 and It has definitely worked well for me.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is really weird... Target is actually where I got it, but that was FOUR years ago!
It seems every year I'm buying a larger cooler so maybe this year I'll go with the backpack cooler haha!

I'm surprised no one said dynimize protein (sp?) I made the switch to this stuff 2 years ago and for the price and amount of whey isolates it's a good deal.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I use whatever Whey Isolate is on sale. Conentrates, Casein, and egg make me bloated and gassy. Would love to find a blend that doesn't do that. Thought about Lipotropic but the concentrate scares me.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
It seems every year I'm buying a larger cooler so maybe this year I'll go with the backpack cooler haha!

I'm surprised no one said dynimize protein (sp?) I made the switch to this stuff 2 years ago and for the price and amount of whey isolates it's a good deal.
That protein always catches my attention in the ads, then something shiny must catch my attention because I forget about it ;)

I am actually confused about their protein, the label int he ads says it is hydrolyzed isolate, but the ingredient panel just lists normal isolate (NOT that I'm sold on Hydro whey being the end-all its advertised as).

I use whatever Whey Isolate is on sale. Conentrates, Casein, and egg make me bloated and gassy. Would love to find a blend that doesn't do that. Thought about Lipotropic but the concentrate scares me.
You could always add in some protease or an enzyme blend... but I agree simply taking an isolate would be best.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hydro whey or not I noticed better recover after I made the switch and it was back before I took BCAAs & EAA post workout. I believe the first ingredient is whey isolates... Damn now I have to look lol

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hydro whey or not I noticed better recover after I made the switch and it was back before I took BCAAs & EAA post workout. I believe the first ingredient is whey isolates... Damn now I have to look lol
Haha, let me know... not that it matters, but I am curious because the ads clearly advertise it as Hydrolyzed.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Outstanding, I believe we might be looking at different proteins by dynimize.

Dynimize Elite 100% whey protein isolates. First ingredient is whey isolate

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Dymatize Gourmet for a while now... then decided to give lipotropic a try... then saw that at Sam's EAS protein is 5lbs for $23, so now I just buy whatever is more cost efficient.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Dymatize Gourmet for a while now... then decided to give lipotropic a try... then saw that at Sam's EAS protein is 5lbs for $23, so now I just buy whatever is more cost efficient.
I went through almost 100 pounds of Sam's Club EAS Whey during my last contest prep, and just got sick of it AND the quality. What a taste devoid cheap concentrate. I'll spend 2 more dollars and get VPX Syngex.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I went through almost 100 pounds of Sam's Club EAS Whey during my last contest prep, and just got sick of it AND the quality. What a taste devoid cheap concentrate. I'll spend 2 more dollars and get VPX Syngex.
Man syngex tastes great. I thought the reverse osmosis thing might help me but it was the most farty ones I've had. If you don't have issues, it is definitely tasty.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Man syngex tastes great. I thought the reverse osmosis thing might help me but it was the most farty ones I've had. If you don't have issues, it is definitely tasty.
That's weird, I HATED the taste at first... then grew to REALLY enjoy it - it was weird. I never did have any indigestion though. Just shows how everyone is different.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
I think for the most part as long as you get the Whey Protein grams in the brand is preference ;)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I think for the most part as long as you get the Whey Protein grams in the brand is preference ;)
Very true... aside from the type, all things being equal (isolate/concentrate rations) all protein comes from a VERY small assortment of 2 or 3 major domestic factories that process whey protein for all the supplement companies.

There are some differences to be had though, such as augmented BCAA/Leucine content, included digestive enzymes, essential fats etc. But just a basic whey comes down to taste and affordability for most.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Very true... aside from the type, all things being equal (isolate/concentrate rations) all protein comes from a VERY small assortment of 2 or 3 major domestic factories that process whey protein for all the supplement companies.

There are some differences to be had though, such as augmented BCAA/Leucine content, included digestive enzymes, essential fats etc. But just a basic whey comes down to taste and affordability for most.
Could someone review Body Fortress whey and tell me if it is any good? I dont really know what to look for to make it a "good" protein...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Could someone review Body Fortress whey and tell me if it is any good? I dont really know what to look for to make it a "good" protein...
Worst protein I have EVER used. To date, this is the ONLY protein powder I have EVER thrown away.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Following brands I have used and enjoyed:

ON Gold (havn't used in over a year), NutraPro, LG Lipotropic

My favorite powdered protein, but it is a bit on the more expensive side:

Trutein. It is a great blend of protein sources, and tastes damn good.

On the way I have 7lbs of Nutrex Muscle Infusion protein (did the buy 2lb, receive 5lb free sale).

As for most efficient then you should look into peptopro products, which is quite efficient and can be incorporated well into any diet. It won't replace your whey, but it provides a great immediate protein source. Primordial has a peptopro product called Maximum Absorbed Protein.