Safed Musli

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
So my search button for AM is gone, but i still found a few threads from here on google but it looks like there were a total of 3 on this topic and none had any real personal insight except people who liked IGF-2 and powerfull. Has anyone had any experience with using safed musli solo? I found some bulk powder that is a little over 10% chlorophytum borivilanium and im debating on playing around with it. Ive seen no logs for this stuff except its use in products with other ingredients. Does anyone have any personal experience or an idea on how much CB should be used for results?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
a guy on another forum a few years ago said it was just a form of l-dopa. he seemed like a credible guy, but who knows.....

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
I am interested in this as well! Just yesterday I was searching where to get some bulk powder! If I can find some I would do a solo run!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
a guy on another forum a few years ago said it was just a form of l-dopa. he seemed like a credible guy, but who knows.....
Hmmmmm Safed Musli + Shilajit......?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hmmmmm Safed Musli + Shilajit......?
did a little research on my own-the guy was wrong, this is not l-dopa. to me it appears to have effects closer to fenugreek. but the problem seems to be there is more demand than supply.

be careful buying this-there might be a lot of fake or bogus safed musli being sold out there.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did a little research on my own-the guy was wrong, this is not l-dopa. to me it appears to have effects closer to fenugreek. but the problem seems to be there is more demand than supply.

be careful buying this-there might be a lot of fake or bogus safed musli being sold out there.
The Saponins and Alkaloids present in the plant are the primary source of its significant medicinal properties.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The Saponins and Alkaloids present in the plant are the primary source of its significant medicinal properties.
supposedly it's a testosterone mimiker.

do you have a reliable source?

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
I only found one source...but it wasn't an extract and it was in just pill form though! Pretty cheap though for 500mg per pill! Yea, I was also looking at stackin the shilajit too!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I only found one source...but it wasn't an extract and it was in just pill form though! Pretty cheap though for 500mg per pill! Yea, I was also looking at stackin the shilajit too!
might be better off to just go with powerful or igf-2. extract is what you want, imo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
igf-2 is expensive
yes it is. but from what i have read about safed musli a quality extract will be too-that is if you can even find a reliable source.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I put a thread long time ago and i very interesting to try this out solo too
did you planing make a caps?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/148737-chlorophytum-borivilanium-safed.html
yea, that was one of the three threads i did see lol. it more or less just mentions some products that contain it. i am wanting to run this solo at decent dosages to see what it can do. i can cap if necessary but the stuff im looking for has about 640mg of the CB for 5 grams of the bulk powder(powder also contains a few other random herbs). it wouldnt be as economical to cap it as it would be to just mix it with honey and water and chug it real quick.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
supposedly it's a testosterone mimiker.

do you have a reliable source?
yea, ive seen test booster, test mimetic and aphrodisiac. sounds interesting.

anyone know how much is needed for positive results? most products have prop blends so its difficult to determine

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yea, ive seen test booster, test mimetic and aphrodisiac. sounds interesting.

anyone know how much is needed for positive results? most products have prop blends so its difficult to determine
powerful is listed at 750mg per cap. 1-3 caps is a dose.

of course it is extracted from velvet bean, plus we don't know the percentage of the extract.

maybe looking for velvet bean extract would be better than looking for safed musli?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
powerful is listed at 750mg per cap. 1-3 caps is a dose.

of course it is extracted from velvet bean, plus we don't know the percentage of the extract.

maybe looking for velvet bean extract would be better than looking for safed musli?
seems Safed Musli works in synergy with macuna puriens but you rigth we don't know the percentage of the extract

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Components of the herb Chlorophytum Borivilianum:

1. Carbohydrates and Protein (5-7 %)
2. Saponin (10-20 %)
3. Alkaloids (30 %)
4. Polysaccaroids (40-45 %)

The key steroidal saponin of Safed Musli is Stigmasterol which improves the hormones such as corticosteroids and testosterone in the body.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Components of the herb Chlorophytum Borivilianum:

1. Carbohydrates and Protein (5-7 %)
2. Saponin (10-20 %)
3. Alkaloids (30 %)
4. Polysaccaroids (40-45 %)
the cb is a form of or relative of safid musli. the cb in powerful is extracted from velvet bean. my opinion is if you could find a quality extract of velvet bean, 2 grams would be a decent place to start.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the cb is a form of or relative of safid musli. the cb in powerful is extracted from velvet bean. my opinion is if you could find a quality extract of velvet bean, 2 grams would be a decent place to start.
you say Chlorophytum Borivilianum is macuna puriens too?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is what i was told a long time ago, when i researched it at 1st i thought this was wrong. but the more you follow the trail-yes it looks like it comes back to good old macuna/velvet bean-whatever......

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is like one rat study on this stuff? Not for certain but did a quick search and it was limited. I'd spend my money on daa first.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stigmasterol is very similar in structure to testosterone and is believed to attach to the specific receptors in the body that testosterone binds to, thereby causing an effect like that of testosterone. Hecogenin can be converted to compounds whose structures resemble that of testosterone and also have similar effects in the body.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Am I wrong or isn't Myodrol supposed to contain that? Or is it a Saw Palmetto extract?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Am I wrong or isn't Myodrol supposed to contain that? Or is it a Saw Palmetto extract?
it is saw palmetto extract and anti oxidents, but my results on it were very good. surprised no one talks about it.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
so if this stuff acts like test, it could potentially lead to shutdown but also maybe be like a mild prohormone effects at high enough dose. people say they get body comp effects with igf-2 and powerfull. maybe a PH alternative?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so if this stuff acts like test, it could potentially lead to shutdown but also maybe be like a mild prohormone effects at high enough dose. people say they get body comp effects with igf-2 and powerfull. maybe a PH alternative?
you say Safed Musli? i think no i used PowerFULL for 3 months straight and the effects are gradual more time is BETTER and BETTER.... :yeah:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
you say Safed Musli? i think no i used PowerFULL for 3 months straight and the effects are gradual more time is BETTER and BETTER.... :yeah:
i was talking to a guy from indian company that sells some stuff and this was his response when i told him about my plan:

"A higher dosage may cause diarrhoea and gastric irritation. I take 500mg of the powder with Chyavanaprasha daily during winter season to avoid respiratory problems and sinusitis and it works well. Musli is incorrectly marketed as a sex tonic. Its main function is to enhance metabolism and give energy."

so idk lol

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i was talking to a guy from indian company that sells some stuff and this was his response when i told him about my plan:

"A higher dosage may cause diarrhoea and gastric irritation. I take 500mg of the powder with Chyavanaprasha daily during winter season to avoid respiratory problems and sinusitis and it works well. Musli is incorrectly marketed as a sex tonic. Its main function is to enhance metabolism and give energy."

so idk lol
Hmmmmm

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
igf-2 is expensive
Quality and results ain't cheap!

yes it is. but from what i have read about safed musli a quality extract will be too-that is if you can even find a reliable source.
Our ingredients are tested BY US to ensure we are using consistent quality extracts that match our high standards. We probably send back more than we use. lol

seems Safed Musli works in synergy with macuna puriens but you rigth we don't know the percentage of the extract
true.... synergistic combo, hence IGF-2.

2 different things.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

so idk lol
Did he realize he was changing your mind on purchasing it? lol :sly:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Did he realize he was changing your mind on purchasing it? lol :sly:
haha yea,but he seemed like a nice guy and in the grand scheme of things i think he sells so many products that my small purchase wouldnt have really mattered. but at least hes honest

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MEDICINAL PLANTS

Utilisation and Conservation
Prof. Pravin Chandra Trivedi

Cholorophytum borivilianum (Liliaceae)

Commonly known as 'safed musli'. Tuberous roots of Chlorophytum arvndinaceum contain
steroidal saponins. Dried tuberous roots of the plant are the products of commerce. Roots or its extracts are widely used in several herbal tonics. The plant is known for its vitaliser activities and used along with extrllcts of Withania somnifera and Asparagus racemosus in fatigue and general weakness.

A number of species belonging to genus Chlorophytum (Family Liliaceae) are grouped
under one trade name 'safed musli', which is extensively used in Ayurvedic preparations. The roots of safed musli after drying are well known for their properties as a tonic and aphrodisiac drug given to persons with general debility

Indian Medicinal Plants
C.P. Khare

The roots contain a bibenzyl xyloside, the steroidal sapogenins, besides
stigmasterol and its glucoside, nonacosane and tetracosanoic, and triacontanoic
acids. The root extract exhibited good adaptogenic properties. The fruits
yield a polysaccharide, galactoglucan

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
USPlabs Bulk SuperSaponins is 50% Trib and 50% Cholorophytum borivilianum

Yes, as Jacob says above it is a 50/50 mixture of sapogens from the Chlorophytum plant, and Tribulosin extract from Tribulus Terrestris. Here a small write-up I wrote in the past about the Chlorophytum plant:

PureSAP:

The powerful plant sterols Stigmasterol, Hecogenin,Desoxydiosgenin, Tigogenin, Neotigogenin from the Velvet Bean Plant, are thought to have a dual effect on hormonal homeostasis; a) by directly raising endogenous levels of Testerone via AR (androgen receptor) binding [1,3]; and, b) by serving as non-hormonal intermediates in the biosynthesis of cholesterol derivatives [1,2,3]. While research is not abundant, the current data hypothesizes that the triterpene sapogenins – primarily Stigmasterol – contained in Chlorophytum Borivillanum, undergo enzymatic conversion of the Testes in order to produce Testoserone [1, 3]. It is thought this action is possible via the incredibly similar structure of Stigmasterol to Testerone. Further, the other sapogenins found in C.B., have been found to bind directly to AR [1] without exerting intrinsic action at the receptor site – that is, while the compounds bind and therefore increases steroidal mRNA expression, and thereby increase protein synthesis and muscle mass, they do not modulate negative feeback loops. The limited clinical data reflects only increases, and not decreases, to endogenous Testosterone production from C.B., [3].

Literature:
[1] Salvi VS, Mukhurjee D, Engel CR (1986). Steroids and related products LIV. The synthesis of 11-oxa steroids VI. The Synthesis of 11-oxatestosterone. Steroids 48(1-2):47-53.

[2] Johns W (1970) The 12a,13b-Etiojervance Analog of Testosterone. J. Org. Chem. 36(5): 711-19.

[3] Kaushik, N (2005) Saponins of Chlorophytum Species. Phytochemistry Reviews. 4(2-3): 191-196.

To answer your question, though, I still would not recommend an AI with this stack. While Testosterone will be increased, Chlorophytum promotes a healthy hormonal milieu more than a unilinear increase in Tesosterone.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
USPlabs Bulk SuperSaponins is 50% Trib and 50% Cholorophytum borivilianum
i wonder why he recommends not using an ai with this. from what i read an ai would increase it's effects?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
supersaponins has been OOS at nutra for a long while. i wish i tried it tho!!!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i wonder why he recommends not using an ai with this. from what i read an ai would increase it's effects?
Supersapopins make me ULTRA HORNIER LIKE NOTHING IN THIS PLANET but @ grams a day is too dangerous if you have wife or gf.....:bigeyes2:

but i noticed this make me too aggressive and erections for loooong time

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Supersapopins make me ULTRA HORNIER LIKE NOTHING IN THIS PLANET but @ grams a day is too dangerous if you have wife or gf.....:bigeyes2:

but i noticed this make me too aggressive and erections for loooong time
damn, max-now i am sorry i passed on it when it was available, lol.