if ive only got money for one supplement ???

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm 24 just been getting back to the gym after 1 year of depression.
I enjoy working out makes me feel better about myself do any of you get that ??

Anyway I've only got money for one product I'm guessing I shoukd get whey protien but I really wanna try andrulic state gt which product do you think is the must have ???

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
No. Whey Protein. Or some bags of brown rice, oats and chicken.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
ANY Supplement by AI Sports Nutrition will get you what you are looking for.

HA just kidding. Yes really if you don't have much money just use what he said above chicken, fish, meat, brown rice, pnt bttr etc.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would jump to agree that eating is #1 above and beyond supplementation.

However if I could choose one supplement, it would be a quality whey, so you can have shakes before bed, in the middle of the night, when you wake up, during your workday, etc. just to prevent catabolism.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CROWLER = One funny SOB. :nutkick: :cheers:

But, these folks are definitely right!!! If you have money for one supplement, then you have the money that you need to find what you'll need to help the most. Spend it wisely on FOOD. Where many fail is to realize how important a proper diet is to achieving their goals. (And since we don't know your goals just yet, we can only advise in generalizations.) Regardless of those goals, finding better quality foods, making better choices with your meals, and finding a diet strategy that caters to your needs is always of utmost importance.

All too often, people hit the gym and want to "take something". That's certainly the wrong mentality!!! Go in and get acquainted. Let your body make changes based on your current diet and training plans. Then work on your training to get a variety of programs in your arsenal to switch things up and keep your body guessing - it will lead to better growth! Work on your diet by researching and then going out to buy the foods that you will need. How often are you eating? What's your protein intake each day, and from what sources are you getting that? Do you eat complex carbs and simple carbs at strategic points throughout the day to get maximum benefits from the nutrition? That's just a set of starter questions! Get a diet dialed in and you WILL see results.

For now, do your research. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Arnold. Both of them were planned, worked through, failed a few times, and then rebuilt better and better. Read up on supplements for now in your spare time so that you can make an EDUCATED DECISION when you are truly ready to start using 'something'. Start here by reading logs from people with similar goals. Read reviews, NOT just "hype threads". Get acquainted with a bit of the science behind supplementation. Perhaps the worst thing that I see people doing, and it's done WAY too much, is to come on here and say that they're stacking X-Y-Z and do not know why they are doing it. Education is my game, my goal, and the way I approach everything here. Learn, and then succeed.

Last thing to remember - Supplements are supplemental only. They are NEVER to be the focus of your drive, your training, or your goals. Use only when needed, and in most cases, you really won't need much if any at all.

Best wishes to you. If you ever need help, you've found the best place around!! Viva la AM!! :cheers:

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for your posts, and t-ad that post was brilliant my diet is very healthy and clean i enjoy porridge love chicken broccoli and brown rice is good i do spend alot of money on good food which is why i Dont have much left for supplements.

I was drawn to andrualic state because of the ingrediants would be great before a workout however if protien is more important i think it would be the wise thing to get a good whey protien.

Thanks for your posts my goals are do lose some body fat and gain some lean muscle kinda recomp i guess.

I know food and nutrition is key so im thinking whey protien to top up my protien intake is best.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
food isnt a supplement, you need it to live...

get some creatine and youre fine

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

Anyway I've only got money for one product I'm guessing I shoukd get whey protien but I really wanna try andrulic state gt which product do you think is the must have ???
Only one... wow, that's a hard question. The traditionalist in me wants to say a great comprehensive multi-vitamin and mineral, but I think you're asking about a sports specific supplement. In that case, based on my own experience and usage, I would have to say NO-Synthesize... might sound odd I know, it isn't the absolute best supplement in existence, but it is a great combination of several. Other than that, Need 2 Slin has been amazing and dramatic for me, and will maximize your nutrition as well!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
to bad essentials isnt made anymore

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
food isnt a supplement, you need it to live...

get some creatine and youre fine
Ya that was my thinking too. Get the food situation covered and then get a creatine or preworkout of some sort. Every now and then everyone needs a good kick in the ass :lol:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Wow. You have my attention. Keeping an eyeout for sure.

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
id say a good multi like Orange Triad, or a complete pre like ASGT, as it has energy, focus, some whey, and creatine along with some simple e-control and test optimizer

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I agree with food and all that, but when I was 24, I was eating too much or too little. Straightening out the diet will always be a constant experiment process until you finally hit your niche.

Creatine is a great starter but still, if it were one, I'd go with a whey powder and try and hit your protein requirements and fill in from there your slow digesting carbs and good fats. A Whey powder or BCAA's hands down will benefit you more in the long run.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Food obviously, then a good whey once you have that. a pre workout is btw, alot cheaper than whey for a months supply. so, if you have 25 bucks you can buy a pre or 50 buy whey. creatine is alright but if you just started lifting, give it a while before you start having more trouble gaining size, strength, endurance on lifts, etc. then toss in the creatine. youll be glad :p Goodluck man, and keep happy!

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm thanks for the replies again I think I'm gonna go with asgt and keep my protien intake high with real food its a shame asgt doesn't have protien added in with it I look forward to the product you mentioned crowler

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Actually asgt has hydrolized animos from pea And whey in it. They could count it as protein if they really wantedbased on previous debates about it.

Hmmm thanks for the replies again I think I'm gonna go with asgt and keep my protien intake high with real food its a shame asgt doesn't have protien added in with it I look forward to the product you mentioned crowler

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I know food and nutrition is key so im thinking whey protien to top up my protien intake is best.
You got it, it can get expensive to load up on chicken, eggs, tuna, ext so getting some whey protein is a cheap and easy solution to get in a lot of protein. I like optimum nutrition but you can go to walmart and get their body fortress brand whey that has creatine, taurine , glutamine and other goodies already in it.

check it out http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fortress-2lb-Chocolate-Whey-Protein/10322406

Gotta love walmart :head:

BTW I have gone through some bad depression in my life at times and I had one year where I had to give everything I had to push myself to get to the gym. I had no energy whatsoever. I couldn't even do cardio. I ached everywhere. Lost all enjoyement in my life.It sucked because normally working out helps mood and relieves anxiety but if you litterly feel like you got 50lb weights attached to your feet there's nothing you can do but go get some help. I'm good now and loving working out again :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I'll let others makes suggestions; I just want to say welcome back!
Reps for hanging in there through the tough times.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
id say a good multi like Orange Triad, or a complete pre like ASGT, as it has energy, focus, some whey, and creatine along with some simple e-control and test optimizer
That's a good idea, both products cover alot of bases...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established