Erase and hairloss (finasteride user)

jcdenton

Awards
Hi everyone!!
I seek an advice to lower estrogen, in particular on ERASE.

Since March I started to take Finasteride (Propecia) @ 0.5mg/day to combat hair loss and I had great result so I'll keep taking it!
The only downside is that now I've more water retention and i look more puffy, usually I had a really good "hard look". I think I've more estrogens in my body cause DHT help to reduce them, but I don't have bloodwork to confirm.
For this reason I'm going to try an anti-estrogen, and i read a lot of good things about erase

Is ERASE harsh on the hairline?
There are better anti-E for my situation?

Thanks a lot for the help!!!!!!!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Erase is not a DHT derivative, has no DHT metabolites, and has no known activity on the Androgen Receptor. Erase will raise testosterone which can raise DHT, but since youre on finasteride (5a-reductase inhibitor) nothing to worry about. Even if you were not, the raise in DHT would doubtfully be significant

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Erase is not a DHT derivative, has no DHT metabolites, and has no known activity on the Androgen Receptor. Erase will raise testosterone which can raise DHT, but since youre on finasteride (5a-reductase inhibitor) nothing to worry about. Even if you were not, the raise in DHT would doubtfully be significant
the defining word on erase.

x2

t-money

jcdenton

Awards
Thanks! This is what I was worried about, the dht raise caused by the raise of test.
Anyway I already bought erase from nutra so I'll try it for sure!!

Do you think titanium is safe for hair too?

I know I worry too much for my hair.. probably I'll lose them anyway, fina is just retarding the inevitable :damnit:

TheWriting

TheWriting

Awards
Used this in a recent PCT and I didn't notice any of this. If anyone would have it would be me too.

wmarke1977

Awards
my hair is thinning more on the third week of Erase but I am obviously sensitive to any slight rise in test I get itchy nips on anything that increases test.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hairloss is caused from an increase in DHT in the body.

Testosterone converts to DHT at about 5-8%

Erase increases testosterone indirectly through allowing less testosterone to convert to estrogen, thus leaving more testosterone unconverted.

This may also cause a very slight increase in DHT, just as all testosterone boosters may cause. Erase effects on DHT are pretty indirect

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im on erase right now i got the itchy nip thing going...no hair loss though

Vegking

Awards
Just asking, if it results in a raise in DHT, does it matter whether it is direct or indirect? I mean, just because it raises DHT indirectly does not mean it will protect someone from some hair loss. Or I am wrong on my assumption?

-RONIN-

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I shedding more when i was in Erase, but im not the best example, as i have a very agressive AGA and shed with all the products....creatine and Ecdy makes me shed for example (and yes, i know what i say).

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just asking, if it results in a raise in DHT, does it matter whether it is direct or indirect? I mean, just because it raises DHT indirectly does not mean it will protect someone from some hair loss. Or I am wrong on my assumption?
That is correct

An example of a direct effect on hairloss would be something that was a DHT derivative and by taking the compound itself causes hairloss without any raise in DHT

mikeshark00

mikeshark00

Awards
I shedding more when i was in Erase, but im not the best example, as i have a very agressive AGA and shed with all the products....creatine and Ecdy makes me shed for example (and yes, i know what i say).
creatine has been shown to slighty raise dht, but by what mechanism...i do not know.

however, erase, a great product, is not a 5ar inhibitor or antagonist....nor does it compete or occupy the androgen receptors. Popular otc AI's like atd and formestane do have activity at the androgen recpetor, and while dht conversion still occurs with atd i belive it is more pronounced with erase do to its lack of androgen binding.

in conclusion, i too have noticed light thining while on erase, but it is negligable. i love the libido boost i get with erase, which may be due to its test boosting capiblities via aromatose inhibition combined with the action of possibliy higher dht conversion...i have been closely montoring erase and its effect on ME during the last 45 days.

i'm impressed with erase overall, don't mean to pimp this product, but erase and sustain alpha are amazing otc products.

I'm trying very hard not to make wild claims here, but IMO erase feels like aromasin. in that like aromasin one can build muscle on it where the other 2 ai that help with building muscle, ie: bromo and formestane have conversion to 6bromotestosterone and 4-Hydroxytestosterone respectivly.....not bashing 6-bromo or form as those to have great applictions to the bodybuilding process speciflicly in and around a cycle.....HOWEVER, erase and its applictions for pct and non-supressive test boosting is really cool.

fightclub2012

fightclub2012

Awards
  • Established
Erase will not erase your hairline. pun intended lol

Vegking

Awards
I'm 43, I have always had thick hair, but in the last couple of years I have been thinning since I have been on some products (prohormones, test boosters ect..). I love the benefits of these products, but could do without the hair loss. Any suggestions on what can counter the thinning? I have hear Toco 8, anything else? I know this is an Erase thread, but I think this relates, hopefully we can have the best of both worlds.