ADAM by now

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Thinking of making this my multi, anyone else use it or its time has passed?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's still a solid multi. Many on here take it including myself. I also take orange triad and or a couple others... depending on what I've stocked up with due to various sales.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I love it. It serves the purpose of a multi.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
solid...but I like OT much better, more versatile

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Yea but unfortunately a bit more than I am ready to pay for a multi. I hear good things about OT though.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea but unfortunately a bit more than I am ready to pay for a multi. I hear good things about OT though.
That's why my multi's change depending on sales. I'm not willing to spend a lot on them especially since I strive to get as much of what I need through food and a basic multi is a basic multi over all IMO. I've got 2 big bottles of OT because NP had a sale a little while back that made them about the same price of ADAM. Just keep and eye out you know.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
That's why my multi's change depending on sales. I'm not willing to spend a lot on them especially since I strive to get as much of what I need through food and a basic multi is a basic multi over all IMO. I've got 2 big bottles of OT because NP had a sale a little while back that made them about the same price of ADAM. Just keep and eye out you know.
Agreed. NOW is very solid, just like Triad. Pak is another one, but thats another thread.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
OT is a 45 day supply. Once I priced out an inexpensive vitamin with a decent joint support sup, it was a much better deal than I thought. Still, nothing wrong w/ ADAM.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. NOW is very solid, just like Triad. Pak is another one, but thats another thread.
Pak as in Animal Pak? My only problem with them is it's so many pill..lol. On top of the several other pills I may be taking at any given time it just becomes tiresome for me =)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ADAM is my favorite...but I get the capsules because the tablets are too big for my liking

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
10-4 I'm always checking the sites for bogo's and such.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
OT is a 45 day supply. Once I priced out an inexpensive vitamin with a decent joint support sup, it was a much better deal than I thought. Still, nothing wrong w/ ADAM.
Yea I did the math too, 90 day supply is 60 bucks vs. 39. I know your saying geez its only 20 bucks over three months, thats less than 7 dollars a month. But utilizing this theory across all the supplements, and off brand groceries, etc, it really adds up.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I bought a 90 day supply of softgels for $21....

JoeHT

Awards
I don't like that Adam has ZMA. I prefer to take ZMA standalone before bed.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Almost all mutli's with the exception of MVP have zinc and magnesium. The aspartate form is highly bioavailable and a nice addition.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
LOL.. Whats the deal with the dosing? Some sites show it being 3 a day, some show 2 a day.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Ah, it appears to be the difference between vcaps and softgels. Why in the hell would they make 90 softgels 1 dollar more than 90 vcaps, when the sgels would last 1.5 times longer lol? 45 day supply vs 30.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I like it. It's my preferred "performance vitamin"

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I got the 180 softgel bottle of ADAM. Good stuff and good deal for 3 months worth of a solid multi

TheWriting

TheWriting

Awards
I like what is in it but man it gave me the worst stomach aches and taking with food didn't help for some reason.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I like what is in it but man it gave me the worst stomach aches and taking with food didn't help for some reason.
Have any of the softgell users noticed any difference in terms of digestibility?

BBQ or Mildew

Awards
Ah, it appears to be the difference between vcaps and softgels. Why in the hell would they make 90 softgels 1 dollar more than 90 vcaps, when the sgels would last 1.5 times longer lol? 45 day supply vs 30.
Probably due to fact that vegetarian capsules are relatively expensive.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there are many great multis and while ADAM isnt top dog, I use it with great regularity and only spring for OT and the likes when they are on sale.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
What's better Adam OT or animal Pak
I would say ADAM by a long shot. The minerals are in more absorbable forms for one thing. On top of that, the Pak used to at least have cool extras, but it's gotten kind of lame. The amino blend is like a bite of steak.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I always wondered why they even bothered with that tiny dose of aminos. To be honest, I've been taking animal pak for so many years I'm worried about switching it up!! I'm sure it's all mental....

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Orange Triad. Vitamins + Joint Complex + Digestive Enzymes = Win.

:D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I would say ADAM by a long shot. The minerals are in more absorbable forms for one thing.
Huh? How is that? :thinking:

OT has minerals in the form of chelates and citrates
carotenes mixed (instead of just beta) - which ADAM has too.
vitamin B12 is Methylcobalamin - which ADAM has too.

It also has:
* 2000mg of Glucosamine & Chondroitin
* 1550mg MSM
* 1275mg of Antioxidants & Digestive support

It's cool if you like ADAM more, that is a solid multi too. But to say "by a long shot", I have to respectfully disagree. :)

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I take the ADAM tablets in split doses...1 AM and 1 PM....I like it!!

I used to like GNC mega men or whatever it was, then just started getting the walmart brand mult (LOL) but finally got around to adding this to a recent order.

Counting fish oil, milk thistle, saw palmetto, and taurine, that's 5 pills AM, 5 more PM, so no way I would bother with animal pak.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Huh? How is that? :thinking:

OT has minerals in the form of chelates and citrates
carotenes mixed (instead of just beta) - which ADAM has too.
vitamin B12 is Methylcobalamin - which ADAM has too.

It also has:
* 2000mg of Glucosamine & Chondroitin
* 1550mg MSM
* 1275mg of Antioxidants & Digestive support

It's cool if you like ADAM more, that is a solid multi too. But to say "by a long shot", I have to respectfully disagree. :)
I was referring to ADAM vs Animal Pak.