Marathon Supplements?

nootropolis

nootropolis

Awards
I have a marathon coming up and I'm looking for supplements that will help most with endurance, my training is on schedule and so far I've used jack3d, slim xtreme(before discontin.) and a few other things.

Something to help mental fatigue and dead legs would be great.
Also I prefer 1st/2nd hand reports over guesses.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a marathon coming up and I'm looking for supplements that will help most with endurance, my training is on schedule and so far I've used jack3d, slim xtreme(before discontin.) and a few other things.

Look into Drive - the best product out there IMO re endurance. Or you could look at something like Cre-02 or Cordyceps.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

nootropolis

nootropolis

Awards
Thanks for the suggestion.

Do I have take this every day leading up to the marathon
to get results or can I only take them hard training days?

Also should re dose around half way through (mile 14) or would that be too much

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
High-dose fish oil. Your joints and CS will thank you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i also like drive. but hands down the best endurance supp i have used is body octane game day-by MAN. by the 3rd dose my endurance was much improved.

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cordygen 5 and citrulline malate (6-8 grams) works great for me. drive and citrulline malate would be a great combo too.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestion.

Do I have take this every day leading up to the marathon
to get results or can I only take them hard training days?

Also should re dose around half way through (mile 14) or would that be too much
Are you talking Drive or Cre-02?

Drive takes 7-10 days to kick in, and you get best effects from a cumulative effect, so I recommend definitely using in daily your lead-up to the marathon. No, you don't need to redose throughout the marathon - Drive kicks in about 60-80 minutes after dosing and the effects last a while, defintiely long enough to get you through a marathon.

Cre-02 would also be better with cumulative use. It can help with oxygen utilization, etc., and definitely, no need for a second dose - if you wanted to, you could dose this ~60 minutes pre-marathon and again just before it or something, but it's not necessary.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

Beta Alanine and Vegetable Glycerine among many others I can recommend. I worked for a company once devising runners stacks, conducting research and doing write-ups. I ran varsity track, and never gave up my love for running, I just transformed it into mountain biking and hiking, haha! Good luck!

I am going to compete in an Ironman or Duathlon at some point in the next few years. :)