Wich would be better for me?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I've left the gym in July and since then I've droped some weight (I'm now at 182lbs) but since I'm on swimming and doing some bodyweight exercises like push ups, dips and basic dumbell exercises to keep me tonned, so I'm not lookingg that skinny anyways:)
But one thing I've started to wonder about swimming: what can I use to boost my stamina or endurance and help me looking a bit fuller? I've been thinking about Glycobol to help me keep the bf low while filling my muscles with glycogen to be spent on the pool, but I've also heard beta-alanine is also a good aid in stamina/endurance sports but not so much input about it's effects on apearance. So wich one would you think to be the better option?
Creatine for me is something I wouldn't spent money since I've used it while on the gym without any response from my body either on strength, stamina or weight gain department.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I've never used Glycobol so I can't comment on that, but look into P-Slin or Slin-Sane to take before your pre-workout carbohydrates, both are awesome and will help with the carb situation. Beta-Alanine would be quite beneficial as well, and at it's price point, I strongly recommend it. You could also look into something like MAN Body Octane as well. It has full servings of Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, and LCLT.

Your post is sort of ambiguous though, are you looking strictly for something that will help in the aesthetic department...performance...or both? Something that will also help with performance would be Cordyceps.

RepThat21

RepThat21

Awards
  • Established
I've left the gym in July and since then I've droped some weight (I'm now at 182lbs) but since I'm on swimming and doing some bodyweight exercises like push ups, dips and basic dumbell exercises to keep me tonned, so I'm not lookingg that skinny anyways:)
But one thing I've started to wonder about swimming: what can I use to boost my stamina or endurance and help me looking a bit fuller? I've been thinking about Glycobol to help me keep the bf low while filling my muscles with glycogen to be spent on the pool, but I've also heard beta-alanine is also a good aid in stamina/endurance sports but not so much input about it's effects on apearance. So wich one would you think to be the better option?
Creatine for me is something I wouldn't spent money since I've used it while on the gym without any response from my body either on strength, stamina or weight gain department.
why dont you just take both?good solution to that problem.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Your post is sort of ambiguous though, are you looking strictly for something that will help in the aesthetic department...performance...or both? Something that will also help with performance would be Cordyceps.
Thanks for the input Burgh, I'll look for those supplements ;) And yes I'm looking for something that could help in both departments (leaving bodybuilding to a sport where we're always with our body exposed and with young female partners in the pool makes any bodybuilder/fitness fan want to be at the best looks as possible :D )

RepThat21, I was looking for input to see if even they are suited to what I want and only then buy them ;)

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Now that I've explained myself better can you give me a more accurate help? And how powerfull is Cordyceps? Have any of you had any experience on it?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I love Cordyceps. Definetely notice an increase in stamina, which would be perfect for swimming. Possibly try their Creatine product CRE02. You've said that you never noticed anything from Creatine before, a lot of people respond VERY well to the CRE02 by Millennium Sports Technologies. You get both Cordyceps and Creatine.

The P-Slin/Slin-Sane will help with both body composition and performance. The Beta-alanine will lead to better performance as well.

So I think a pretty sick stack would be:
P-Slin or Slin-Sane
Cre-02
Beta Alanine or MAN Body Octane

You're really covering your bases there. Now, having said that, the MAN Body Octane, although awesome, isn't cheap. It's MUCH cheaper to get bulk Beta Alanine. Of course if you do that though you're missing out on full doses of Citrulline Malate, and LCLT.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Citrulline Malate
6g perday, awsome fullness and pumps and more VO2 production with 4-5g Beta-Alanine perday and Cordygen 5 would provide great endurance

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love Cordyceps. Definetely notice an increase in stamina, which would be perfect for swimming. Possibly try their Creatine product CRE02. You've said that you never noticed anything from Creatine before, a lot of people respond VERY well to the CRE02 by Millennium Sports Technologies. You get both Cordyceps and Creatine.

The P-Slin/Slin-Sane will help with both body composition and performance. The Beta-alanine will lead to better performance as well.

So I think a pretty sick stack would be:
P-Slin or Slin-Sane
Cre-02
Beta Alanine or MAN Body Octane

You're really covering your bases there. Now, having said that, the MAN Body Octane, although awesome, isn't cheap. It's MUCH cheaper to get bulk Beta Alanine. Of course if you do that though you're missing out on full doses of Citrulline Malate, and LCLT.
I like the idea of running MST Cordyceps along with Cre02. I was a swimmer for over 12 years and do for recreating/cardio now and nothing helps as much as creatine and beta alanine for endurance. Cordyceps I never tried but keep hearing great info about it so give it a shot. You don't need a nutrient partioner just yet so wait on the P-slin for a bit; and when you are are ready look into Recompadrol, best bang for the buck.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of running MST Cordyceps along with Cre02. I was a swimmer for over 12 years and do for recreating/cardio now and nothing helps as much as creatine and beta alanine for endurance. Cordyceps I never tried but keep hearing great info about it so give it a shot. You don't need a nutrient partioner just yet so wait on the P-slin for a bit; and when you are are ready look into Recompadrol, best bang for the buck.
Thanks Burgh and Oufinny!:D I'll try bulk Cratine Monohydrate from Reflex and IntraXcell (wich has some ALA into it), as this two are the ones I can get cheaper or even bulk Beta-alanine. MAN Body Octane is just too expensive:(
Btw Oufinny, you say that I don't need a nutrient partioner just yet, so when do I know I'll need it? What kind of signs should I expect from my body?

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Cre02 is awesome stuff. You won't be disappointed.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/159447-glycobol-solo-begins.html

Above is my log of glycobol, loved it, final review is towards the end of the thread. I have a few buddies who swam in college and one who is doing the olympic trials, he said lots of them use creatine to aid in recovery and increase their muscular endurance. Personally I like creapure. So glycobol and creapure, add in your bulk beta alanine and you have a solid stack.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/159447-glycobol-solo-begins.html

Above is my log of glycobol, loved it, final review is towards the end of the thread. I have a few buddies who swam in college and one who is doing the olympic trials, he said lots of them use creatine to aid in recovery and increase their muscular endurance. Personally I like creapure. So glycobol and creapure, add in your bulk beta alanine and you have a solid stack.
I enjoyed your log and am happy you enjoyed the Glycobol.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glyco carn, Beta Alanine, Glycobol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
body octane and body octane-game day. body octane is recommeded to be dosed 2 times a day. substitute game day for 1 dose pre-event or training.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
beta is overall a great supp, simple yet effective

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Agree with this Glycocarn and Beta-Alanine both help with lactic acid and improve performance, and you can get them both at PP.

http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/gplc.html
Glycocarn gave me some solid energy and a decent pump during my workout, not too much though, I know some people like to "feel" the workout, but I feel it enough after, I don't need help to have my back and thighs about to explode from my 20 rep squats, the reps do it alone. I still haven't tried beta alanine though, I think I might try some gplc and ba with some creapure, seems like a simple yet effective stack.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glycocarn gave me some solid energy and a decent pump during my workout, not too much though, I know some people like to "feel" the workout, but I feel it enough after, I don't need help to have my back and thighs about to explode from my 20 rep squats, the reps do it alone. I still haven't tried beta alanine though, I think I might try some gplc and ba with some creapure, seems like a simple yet effective stack.
ba/creapure and cit mal would be cheaper yet effective, imo. not convinced gplc is worthy of the steep price.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Random approaches to endurance are going to yield little results. What component are you looking to address-- energy stores, aerobic or anaerobic capacity, heat dissipation, circulatory system, CNS...?

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
for help with the strength, stamina and weight gain department I would rec a stack of these supps:
IBCAAs (intra, pre and post workout)
MAP (post WO with soem dextrose)
Creapure (pre and post WO)
Need2slin (great for gainds and keepign fat off)
ASGT or guranimo for a PreWOP drink

a multi vimanin/m and LOTS of whey protein.
the rest is deit and trianning wisch you need ot figur out hwat works for you.
google DC trainning, i do somthign liek that but more reps and longer workout.