vegetable glycerol

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried it for pumps?
For years and years... even prior to going on stage an many NPC contests.

This just came up in another thread on Tuesday. I offered a scientific study, excerpt, and even the conversion measurements and optimal dosing :)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Never did, always wanted too.
Went with Glycerol Mono Sterate instead. Its power but more like granules than anything too me.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Never did, always wanted too.
Went with Glycerol Mono Sterate instead. Its power but more like granules than anything too me.
Sounds like a bucket of sand! I did like it, sort of... but felt as though it never properly absorbed. Liquid has treated me so well over the years, I never strayed.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a bucket of sand! I did like it, sort of... but felt as though it never properly absorbed. Liquid has treated me so well over the years, I never strayed.
Yea, it was hard to fin the right dose and it took a bit to settle in and breakdown it seemed, not in an upset stomach way though.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
1-2 tbs with 8-12oz of water always worked well for me. Great for cardio endurance too.
This is the standard for dosing when converting the traditionally prescribed liquid measurement into a more useful kitchen-specific measurement.

I'm glad you touched on the cardio/endurance aspect as well, VG has a multiverse ;) of benefit.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I went back to another thread where this was just discussed more in depth and I performed a little research, thought I would share a couple extracted quotes from that thread here for everyone :)

Very interesting excerpt found from my research, which is also encouraging and very sensible in its description of the method of action at work:

"A muscle pump occurs when fluid fills up the muscle cells. When you work out, your muscles create metabolic waste products that draw water into the cells. Since glycerol also attracts water, having more glycerol inside your muscle cells will enhance the pump you can achieve. It also pulls more water into your blood vessels, causing them to dilate and increasing their vascularity.

Researchers from the University of Glasgow (Scotland) found in a Z007 study that subjects who took both creatine and glycerol for seven days had nearly 40% more body fluid than a group that took just creatine, and almost 50% more fluid than a group taking just glycerol. This has important implications for hypertrophy: Muscle cell swelling stretches the muscle membrane and instigates processes that lead to long-term growth.

For better muscle pumps, take 10-30 grams of glycerol with 20-32 ounces of water about one hour before workouts. Also be sure to take creatine with your pre- and postworkout shakes for a synergistic effect."

BY JIM STOPPANI, PHD

Edit: After re-reading my own entry above, it just donned on me that this is from FLEX about four issues ago, I was so impressed by the write up offered by Dr. S, I once again implemented Glycerine into my regimen. In all honesty, is has been SO successful for me in my lifting and competing, I almost feel guilty sharing the 'secret' weapon; but we're all trying to achieve the same end result here, so enjoy! :)
Another helpful addendum to help all of you correctly measure our your Glycerine since it is advocated in grams above by Dr. S, yet comes in a liquid form: http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/grams-to-ounces.htm

Simply use the calculator provided. Cliff Note: 30g of Glycerine = 1oz

Or... to make it EVEN EASIER (pandering for reps) 2 TABLE SPOONS :)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
outstanding can u give me a link for the liquid one? or is that the one u gave me last time?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
outstanding can u give me a link for the liquid one? or is that the one u gave me last time?
Can't share links on this forum, but it's NOWs Vegetable Glycerine. Also acts a semi-sweet flavoring system in your drinks that can help mask the very bitter and pungent taste of multi-compound products. :)

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Isn't this stuff technically a diuretic? Doesn't it take water out of the muscle?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Isn't this stuff technically a diuretic? Doesn't it take water out of the muscle?
NO! Class Dismissed!!!

Haha... Can you imagine if I was that much of a tool? I can, and it wouldn't be fun for anyone (well, except me for a short period of time). Where was I? Ohhh yeah, Veggie stuff, liquid - got it ;)

My understanding gathered from years of research, self application, and the grasp of its method of action paired with the recommendation of its use from many past contest prep coaches all lead me to believe it works much more like a transporter pump, encouraging blood plasma constituents (nutrients and nutraceuticals alike) to enter the fibril mass that is being worked and to volumize the area, packing an anabolic profound punch.

In my excerpt from above I pulled from the other thread, I made mention of the fact although VG taken orally for a sedentary non-trained human might not elicit any type of endurance or muscular augmentation, once the intrinsic machinery involved with resistance training becomes activated, the entire localized effect and physiological response to exercise will heighten the likelihood of all present fluids being drawn into the lean tissue.

Compound these effects and the nature of VG with the inclusion of both insulin and non-insulin dependent carrier agents such as creatine, amino acid (EAA/BCAA), Vitargo S2, Need 2 Slin etc and you've just cemented the ideal environment for exaggerated muscle hypertrophy via tissue expansion and anabolic-additive saturation.

As far as being a diuretic... this is actually an advantageous aspect complete the circle of benefit where VG is concerned. It draws extracellular water INTO the lean tissue, resulting in a more pronounced muscle fullness and retaining the ability to flex and contract on the day of a contest, when many athletes fall victim to dehydration and over-depletion.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
NO! Class Dismissed!!!

Haha... Can you imagine if I was that much of a tool? I can, and it wouldn't be fun for anyone (well, except me for a short period of time). Where was I? Ohhh yeah, Veggie stuff, liquid - got it ;)

My understanding gathered from years of research, self application, and the grasp of its method of action paired with the recommendation of its use from many past contest prep coaches all lead me to believe it works much more like a transporter pump, encouraging blood plasma constituents (nutrients and nutraceuticals alike) to enter the fibril mass that is being worked and to volumize the area, packing an anabolic profound punch.

In my excerpt from above I pulled from the other thread, I made mention of the fact although VG taken orally for a sedentary non-trained human might not elicit any type of endurance or muscular augmentation, once the intrinsic machinery involved with resistance training becomes activated, the entire localized effect and physiological response to exercise will heighten the likelihood of all present fluids being drawn into the lean tissue.

Compound these effects and the nature of VG with the inclusion of both insulin and non-insulin dependent carrier agents such as creatine, amino acid (EAA/BCAA), Vitargo S2, Need 2 Slin etc and you've just cemented the ideal environment for exaggerated muscle hypertrophy via tissue expansion and anabolic-additive saturation.

As far as being a diuretic... this is actually an advantageous aspect complete the circle of benefit where VG is concerned. It draws extracellular water INTO the lean tissue, resulting in a more pronounced muscle fullness and retaining the ability to flex and contract on the day of a contest, when many athletes fall victim to dehydration and over-depletion.
But I thought that it drew extra cellular water int the blood. This might make you look more pumped because of the increase in blood volume, but in the end, the increased water in the blood will have you peeing more after you workout, meaning less water will be in your body.

I generally hear that it's great to look pumped at a contest, but not really good for fitness.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
But I thought that it drew extra cellular water int the blood. This might make you look more pumped because of the increase in blood volume, but in the end, the increased water in the blood will have you peeing more after you workout, meaning less water will be in your body.

I generally hear that it's great to look pumped at a contest, but not really good for fitness.
This might be true, I've yet to see anything definitive on the matter promoting and conclusively supporting one stance or the other.

However, I do hydrate like a man on a mission every day of my life, especially during workout routines. In short, I cannot imagine with my years of use and study where VG is concerned, even giving you the benefit of the doubt in this specific circumstance, whole body fluid retention and endurance amplification will not be of any benefit to the end-user. Blood volumization, in my approximation, is of utmost advantage to any athlete trying to support their energy levels, contractile function, and overarching muscle fullness and temporary fluid retention and encouragement of nutrient transport and uptake (which must be the core of the study I cited earlier, improving the subjects athlete abilities).

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
This might be true, I've yet to see anything definitive on the matter promoting and conclusively supporting one stance or the other.

However, I do hydrate like a man on a mission every day of my life, especially during workout routines. In short, I cannot imagine with my years of use and study where VG is concerned, even giving you the benefit of the doubt in this specific circumstance, whole body fluid retention and endurance amplification will not be of any benefit to the end-user. Blood volumization, in my approximation, is of utmost advantage to any athlete trying to support their energy levels, contractile function, and overarching muscle fullness and temporary fluid retention and encouragement of nutrient transport and uptake (which must be the core of the study I cited earlier, improving the subjects athlete abilities).
Well,since you seem like an expert on things of this nature, can you tell me how the increase in blood volume would affect blood pressure?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Well,since you seem like an expert on things of this nature, can you tell me how the increase in blood volume would affect blood pressure?
No I cannot, I am not an expert and never claimed to be - I am only offering advice worth its weight in gold based on my near decade spanning amassed assortment of study and experience where this matter is concerned. I would never dedicate my time attempting to dissect the far fetched negligible minute ramifications that could be encountered dosing VG in a short-term controlled manner on workout days only; when I have yet to feel the onset of even the most mild side-effect throughout my entire history with the compound.

I am certain more of a pronounced blood pressure rise could be measure and felt from holding my breath and doing a 400+ pound squat, not taking a harmless saponification-produced triglyceride with nominal-to-zero effect on health. It seems as though you've dedicated your Sunday toward the vane pursuit to poke or find holes in my/and thousands of others theory that has already been documented and put into action for more years than I have even been aware of lifting weights. Correct me immediately if I am wrong, I am not taking this personal, just truly interested why you seem so intent on uncovering some sort of jack-in-the-box with VG?

Perhaps you could offer me some insight on this?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
hmmmm so in that 16oz bottle outstanding how much is 10g? is this how much u use? it does not say on site

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
No I cannot, I am not an expert and never claimed to be - I am only offering advice worth its weight in gold based on my near decade spanning amassed assortment of study and experience where this matter is concerned. I would never dedicate my time attempting to dissect the far fetched negligible minute ramifications that could be encountered dosing VG in a short-term controlled manner on workout days only; when I have yet to feel the onset of even the most mild side-effect throughout my entire history with the compound.

I am certain more of a pronounced blood pressure rise could be measure and felt from holding my breath and doing a 400+ pound squat, not taking a harmless saponification-produced triglyceride with nominal-to-zero effect on health. It seems as though you've dedicated your Sunday toward the vane pursuit to poke or find holes in my/and thousands of others theory that has already been documented and put into action for more years than I have even been aware of lifting weights. Correct me immediately if I am wrong, I am not taking this personal, just truly interested why you seem so intent on uncovering some sort of jack-in-the-box with VG?

Perhaps you could offer me some insight on this?
I actually started this thread because Im hinking of taking the product, and I still am:)

I read somewhere that the NCAA banned glycergrow for a while, because people were using the diuretic effect to clean other banned things out of their systems.

As far as BP is concerned, I don't mean that I think it would give someone a huge spike in BP, but it is worth investigating for someone who lifts with heart straining intensity, while jacked on stims.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I actually started this thread because Im hinking of taking the product, and I still am:)
Oh excellent, I completely believe you and retract my suspicion. I also highly recommend you try it, considering its safety, low price, and potential for increasing your athletic capabilities in and out of the gym.

I read somewhere that the NCAA banned glycergrow for a while, because people were using the diuretic effect to clean other banned things out of their systems.
I wasn't aware of that, I also have not watched organized sports in years and years.

As far as BP is concerned, I don't mean that I think it would give someone a huge spike in BP, but it is worth investigating for someone who lifts with heart straining intensity, while jacked on stims.
Perhaps... I can't handle stims, and will never use them again; but do know they can cause some horrendous headaches if you're not careful and keep everything in check. I would suggest some Need 2 Guard if you are susceptible or even diagnosed with high blood pressure.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps... I can't handle stims, and will never use them again; but do know they can cause some horrendous headaches if you're not careful and keep everything in check. I would suggest some Need 2 Guard if you are susceptible or even diagnosed with high blood pressure.
Thanks! Im looking at the ingredients. It seems to be something that you stack with roids, which Im not on. The BP lowering ingredients do look good though. Maby Ill pick up some and mix them with my stim drink.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! Im looking at the ingredients. It seems to be something that you stack with roids, which Im not on. The BP lowering ingredients do look good though. Maby Ill pick up some and mix them with my stim drink.
I believe the impetus for N2G was in fact usage while on cycle, but health maintenance is never a concern only for those engaged in methylated oral cycles, and can be used at any time to ensure you're keeping your internal function on par with all your efforts to build up your external appearance.