Avena Sativa

1. Avena Sativa

A High dose of Avena Sativa or Divanil, which is proven to be more effective at lowering SHBG?

2. I think Divanil. you should stack them though. What Extract on Avena are you using? Like Ratio?
    •   

3. thats good, also why not just stack them? I will never run a test boosting stack without Divanil again

4. Definitely a thought.

5. Divanil. I have yet to see clinicals that show a substantial lowering SHBG profile in human subjects with Avena.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Divanil. I have yet to see clinicals that show a substantial lowering SHBG profile in human subjects with Avena.
    You have "clinicals" showing that divanil lowers SHBG? It may competitively bind to it but I really haven't seen studies that suggest it's MOA is via production inhibition.

I know Robboe is a big proponent of avena and its effects on SHBG so PM him.

7. Hmm it was brought to my attention a few days ago for its SHBG properties...

8. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    You have "clinicals" showing that divanil lowers SHBG? It may competitively bind to it but I really haven't seen studies that suggest it's MOA is via production inhibition.

I know Robboe is a big proponent of avena and its effects on SHBG so PM him.
    A CURSE! A Curse on your house!!!!

Guys, there is no evidence AT ALL of avena sativa having any impact on SHBG.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  9. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jart45 View Post
    A High dose of Avena Sativa or Divanil, which is proven to be more effective at lowering SHBG?
    I've used both 95% extracts of Nettle and Avena. Avena at about 100mgs makes we want to hump my office door and only thing that puts pimples on my shoulders.

Worth a shot...

There is some research done by a company that marketed an avena product....

I would take the above evidence over a couple of in house blood tests..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Avena Sativa
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 12:45 PM
  2. Avena Sativa
    By Wordz_Worf in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM
  3. Testosterone, Avena Sativa, Well Being
    By Dr. Lats in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0