intra-wo??

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive always been one that believed intra-wo drinks were not needed if proper pre-wo and post-wo nutrition was in place.
however, my workouts typically take 1.5-2hrs now a days.
i eat a pre-wo meal 1.5hrs before the workout
have my pre-wo drink 45-30min before the workout
stims, bcaa, creatine, b.a.

then warm ups, lifting, cool downs-1.5-2hrs

then post workout
bcaa, b.a., carbs

then eat 20-30min later

my question is, would a intra-wo drink benifit me in this case

also im training west side barbell if that matters

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it would especially if doing cardio...Modern bcaa is my fav

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ModernBCAA....virtually have no DOMS the next day.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so its a legit product?
i currently have chained out by ALRI
i use 1 scoop Pre
2 scoops post
ill prob just do 1 scoop pre/intra/post?
until i run out that is

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so its a legit product?
i currently have chained out by ALRI
i use 1 scoop Pre
2 scoops post
ill prob just do 1 scoop pre/intra/post?
until i run out that is
ModernBCAA is legit. Didn't think it would be, as I'm normally skeptical about every supplement, in that context it's proved itself as the best intra I've ever used.Again I've experienced virtually no soreness the next day and my workouts are intense. With other intra products, I still experienced DOMS the next day.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yea ive noticed that bcaa products generally dont help with my recovery, just help in making my nutrition more effective.
chained out is my current fav
i will try modernbcaa next, do you use it pre/post as well or just intra-wo? how long are ur sessions typically?
has anyone tried size on?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea ive noticed that bcaa products generally dont help with my recovery, just help in making my nutrition more effective.
chained out is my current fav
i will try modernbcaa next, do you use it pre/post as well or just intra-wo? how long are ur sessions typically?
has anyone tried size on?
My sessions are typically 1.5 hours, and I use it as an intra. I've been using mesomorph (contains creatine nitrate) as my preworkout, ModernBCAA as my Intra and VPX Synthsize post workout.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok thank you for the help!
so for now ill do superpump max pre-wo+1 scoop chained out
1 scoop chained out intra-wo
1 scoop chained out post-wo with an apple

then switch to modernBCAA intra/post wo after this

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
my workouts typically take 1.5-2hrs now a days.
I am also a user and proponent of intra-wo supplementation; may I ask why your workouts are lasting 2 hours?

I can't imagine anything trumping the combination of Vitargo + BCAA + EAA + Creatine while training, pre and proceeded with Need 2 Slin or r+ALA.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I train west side barbell, so my warm-up sets always take about 30min to get up to a max, plus 10min warm-up cardio and stretching...so that about 30-45min...then the workout takes about an hr to and hr and 15min...then stretching and at least 10min of cool down cardio...its not all intense training but im there for a long time.
Ur suggestion is interesting...so put the Need2Slin in the drink? or take b4?
If i do intra-wo nutrition, how do i do post workout?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Well I train west side barbell, so my warm-up sets always take about 30min to get up to a max, plus 10min warm-up cardio and stretching...so that about 30-45min...then the workout takes about an hr to and hr and 15min...then stretching and at least 10min of cool down cardio...its not all intense training but im there for a long time.
Ur suggestion is interesting...so put the Need2Slin in the drink? or take b4?
If i do intra-wo nutrition, how do i do post workout?
Thanks a lot for explaining, I understand now - I thought you were actually training for two hours. I don't want to say this and come off as a naysayer by any means, but for what it's worth the studies have all demonstrated pre-exercise stretching reduced peak muscle strength and tension ability (unless that is a serious foundational teaching of WBB power-lifting technique).

As for the GDA or Need 2 Slin, no I have tried breaking capsules up in shakes in the past and it was terrible! I was just saying prior to your workout you can consume a serving or 1 single capsule of Need 2 Slin in order to keep you from bloating during the training and using the carbohydrates more efficiently.

Post workout supplementation or nutrition would remain unchanged - however I do want to mention if you are exclusively training toward a power lifting end result, I am not well versed in that area of the nutrition needed.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive always been one that believed intra-wo drinks were not needed if proper pre-wo and post-wo nutrition was in place.

then post workout
bcaa, b.a., carbs

then eat 20-30min later

and i highly believe in intraworkut nutrition, personally or me its because workouts are not lazy they are very high paced, and some times over 1-1.5hrs.....

for me it would be 1/2 cup oats,
1 scoop maximum absorbed protein, which is hydrolyzed casein or peptopro which is the fastest absorbing form of aminos you can get....
and 1 scoop IBCAA

i liek it, makes me feel secure, its like my anaolic blanky.....

i dont train west side so i dont know if that makes a difference....

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well i do active stretching not static stretching, which does reduce strength.
powerlifting nutrition doesnt very much from bodybuilding imo, 1g-1.5g protein per bodyweight, moderate fats and carbs. Enough to grow but not to much where im getting fat as that moves up weight classes to fast...honestly im seein better gains training westside then anybody building routine ive ever done.

Based on the suggestions of you guys ive started drinking a serving of chained out during the workout about 45-60min after i started to finish, not all the way thru as continous amino acid consumption causes a refactory response from aminos and no growth can occur.

So how is the peptopro??? ive been very interested in it, but i used intrabolic and was not impressed so i opted to bcaa malates to see if there was a difference.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
... drinking a serving of chained out during the workout about 45-60min after i started to finish, not all the way thru as continous amino acid consumption causes a refactory response from aminos and no growth can occur.
Can you expand on this and point me to any human trained male studies please? I was unaware that a linear supply of amino acids can cause the body to resist growth and recovery. Thanks :)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i cant post links since i dont have 50 posts yet,
but google layne norton presentation...you should find his presentation on maximal meal frequency and timing and it explains it all...good info for a new train of thought, its not that you wont grow, but is it optimal?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
well i do active stretching not static stretching, which does reduce strength.
powerlifting nutrition doesnt very much from bodybuilding imo, 1g-1.5g protein per bodyweight, moderate fats and carbs. Enough to grow but not to much where im getting fat as that moves up weight classes to fast...honestly im seein better gains training westside then anybody building routine ive ever done.

Based on the suggestions of you guys ive started drinking a serving of chained out during the workout about 45-60min after i started to finish, not all the way thru as continous amino acid consumption causes a refactory response from aminos and no growth can occur.

So how is the peptopro??? ive been very interested in it, but i used intrabolic and was not impressed so i opted to bcaa malates to see if there was a difference.
Can you expand on this and point me to any human trained male studies please? I was unaware that a linear supply of amino acids can cause the body to resist growth and recovery. Thanks :)
i cant post links since i dont have 50 posts yet,
but google layne norton presentation...you should find his presentation on maximal meal frequency and timing and it explains it all...good info for a new train of thought, its not that you wont grow, but is it optimal?
Hit me up here when you make 18 more posts! :) Don't want to be getting smaller by taking in my protein and amino acids ;)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dude i was offering infromation dont act so sarcastic. You can grow while taking protein/aminos no doubt...but im refering to optimal timing

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I think he was being genuine
I was.

I have never heard this theory before, and am extremely interested. I won't conclude or assume because he was defensive it means his theory is baseless, I just don't think he knows my posting style well enough to know I was/am truly intrigued by the fact Aminos might negate optimal anabolism.

PS: If you want to share a link, you can always type it out as well. For example, http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/cart.html could be written as www dot needtobuildmuscle dot com backslash store :)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh..i woulda never thought of that hahaha
world wide web dot slideshare dot net
biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support- maximal- protein-synthesis-and-muscle- mass
insert a slash after net b4 biolayne

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Oh..i woulda never thought of that hahaha
world wide web dot slideshare dot net
biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support- maximal- protein-synthesis-and-muscle- mass
insert a slash after net b4 biolayne
Oh Layne Norton, alright. I am familiar with much of his writing and theories, however he is always first to admit (abiding by the scientific process) that the innumerable amount of behind-the-scenes mechanisms at work to manifest and support muscle mass can't be accounted for or overlooked.

Until a process is identified and somehow controlled in the eventual findings, and then repeated multiple times in the same settings by various experimentalists and peer-reviewed/published, I would just contend it's not wise to short-change our own efforts to attain new muscle mass by thinking amino acid supplementation can be counterproductive.

I'm going to read the article though, and thank you for your link. Have a good one. :)

*PS: I edited the written link, and its Optimal Protein Intake And Meal Frequency To Support Maximal Protein Synthesis and Muscle Mass if anyone is interested. I have yet to read the article, so if the link has supplements for sale, I will come back and delete it since I know the rules are really strict here.
*No there are no products for sale, aside from a Google generated Cinnamon Toast Crunch and General Mills advertisement, but there are external Google links here on AM, a Bowflex is at the bottom of the screen now (thank goodness it isn't that Neanderthal looking soft and small "Situation" from Wannabe Shore)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Slide 22 was a great recap of the slide-show.

I had actually read this article before, only it wasn't presented in a slide-show format. I can't recall if it was on his sponsoring supplement company's site, or Muscular Development magazine - but it intrigued me.

However, I must say although not very scientific in my approach I can tell a huge difference in my muscle fullness and strength capacity when I eat every 2-3 hours, opposed to eating every 4-6 hours (although I admit in the off-season I don't go through the rigors of supplementing with BCAAs or liver tabs etc between meals - maybe this is key?)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im glad you read it!
it is a very interesting way to go about eating no doubt
i did do the precribed eating plan for about 3 monthes straight
5 meals 50g protein each for 3g leucine content
5g bcaa between each meal
and honestly it worked but now a days i just eat every 2-4 hrs and supp bcaa pre-wo and bcaa post with carbs and a meal 30min later....its just very hard to do every 4-5 hrs a meal, get 5 meals in, school, work, working out, and sleep 8-10hrs a night...nearly impossible for me
although once you adjust you dont get hungry after 2 hrs, and your muscle fullness returns as if you ate every 2-3 hrs, recovery was up also

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
but thanks to everyone here ive been experimenting with intra-wo
since i had sizeon samples.
id mix it up and after about an hr to hr and 15min id sip half the packet till finish then do the other half right after...recovery is up...so thank you to everyone

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
im glad you read it!
it is a very interesting way to go about eating no doubt
i did do the precribed eating plan for about 3 monthes straight
5 meals 50g protein each for 3g leucine content
5g bcaa between each meal
and honestly it worked but now a days i just eat every 2-4 hrs and supp bcaa pre-wo and bcaa post with carbs and a meal 30min later....its just very hard to do every 4-5 hrs a meal, get 5 meals in, school, work, working out, and sleep 8-10hrs a night...nearly impossible for me
although once you adjust you dont get hungry after 2 hrs, and your muscle fullness returns as if you ate every 2-3 hrs, recovery was up also
No problem, thanks for sharing. I'd never rule out further knowledge and investigation - only a fool would do that.

I just feel as though I'm not following the 'bodybuilder lifestyle' if I go so many hours between meals... I admit in theory perhaps I should abandon that philosophy and try something new.

but thanks to everyone here ive been experimenting with intra-wo
since i had sizeon samples.
id mix it up and after about an hr to hr and 15min id sip half the packet till finish then do the other half right after...recovery is up...so thank you to everyone
I just drank SizeOn MP today while training... forgot I had so many sample packets, my goodness I went through my cases and boxes of supplements last night and literally found CASES of products I was unaware I had. It was insanity.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im not a gaspari whore, but lately their products have been impressing the **** outta me....maybe they are actually trying?

well the diet is 4-5 hrs between meals containing 50g Protein
then half way thru each meal you have 5g BCAA+20g Carbs, Layne uses a bad of baked lays
I was cutting and coming off a long ass unhealthy cycle, i lost 10lbs in Pct and kept all strength and size from it.
actually while carb cycling, i got my squat up to 315 for 3 and deadlift to 405 for 3
i did not use the carbs with the bcaas since i was cutting so just 5g between meals.
It worked no doubt then i would add carbs on my carb up days, 5g BCAA with 1 Slice Eziekle bread, 15g Palantinose, or Baked Lays...pretty much 15-20g carbs.
Its worth a try, maybe for an ecto i wouldnt recomend this but an endo/meso i would say try it

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
Definitly if your working for almost 2 hours i would look into a intra-workout product. To be honest, there all pretty good now cause most contain Whey Hydroslate and BCAAs so should be covered. Just depends if you want creatine in there as well, in my opinoin i would go with SizeOn or Intrabolic for a full blown intra workout product.

For me personally i just use BCAA mix intra workout, i used Axcell which has 4:1:1 ratio as well as citrulline malate and glucoronlactone aswell as couple other supporting ingredeints, its my favorite BCAA but then again im slightly biased haha

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hey i actually need a good bcaa product for pre-wo, and i was curious about your companies BCAA, ive only used xtend, bulk, Chained Out (provides wierd focus bc of the L-Theanine) and modernBCAA...how does the extra ingredients help the formula?
also whats the generall amoung of BCAA/Leucine within the product since it doesnt label it?

im think im going to go with SizeOn Max Performance for a month then try MAP+extras and compare...thank you for your help

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

then post workout
bcaa, b.a., carbs

then eat 20-30min later

I don't believe that you NEED an intra-workout drink - I usually train for the same amount of time overall with my morning training and I just drink water during - if your nutrition throughout the rest of the day is fine.

You COULD use something like BCAA's intra-workout mixed in with your water though, if you liked.

hey i actually need a good bcaa product for pre-wo, and i was curious about your companies BCAA, ive only used xtend, bulk, Chained Out (provides wierd focus bc of the L-Theanine) and modernBCAA...how does the extra ingredients help the formula?
also whats the generall amoung of BCAA/Leucine within the product since it doesnt label it?

im think im going to go with SizeOn Max Performance for a month then try MAP+extras and compare...thank you for your help
Please let us know how you find the MAP - I've heard nothing but good things about this product :)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
will do!
i like the sizeon so im excited to compare
ive tried a few pp products, top notch stuff over there
and i still dont use intra-wo...i just drink after about an hr of training as my blood sugar tends to drop then

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
will do!
i like the sizeon so im excited to compare
ive tried a few pp products, top notch stuff over there
and i still dont use intra-wo...i just drink after about an hr of training as my blood sugar tends to drop then

I've used BCAAs intra-workout once - when I first started using them, just to see if it made a difference, but it didn't. If your nutrition is right for the day, then, yeah, intra-workout products, etc. - the same goes for postworkout products - are not required or necessary, IMO.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ill second what you say honestly
but ive noticed a big difference in fullness and recovery...could be the switch to creapure and hydro proteins with more bcaas tho to be honest, time will tell
u seem knowledgable rosie.
im curious of a claim made by the ALRI owner stating most free form bcaa's such as ur IBCAA turn into glucose very quickly, they have a BCAA Malate product and he has a study where regular bcaa raises blood sugar when taken first thing in the morning and that his BCAA Malates (Chained Out) lowers blood sugar...also he states dairy proteins (whey and casien) are garbage...im curious how much of this is true since you guys have MAP and IBCAA, which to me are the top of the line in their respective catagories

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
he also states that regular free form bcaa turn into glucose leaving very little actual bcaa for muscles
where his product gives all 5g of Bcaa to the muscles....i trust pp and their reps so i wanted an opinion

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but ive noticed a big difference in fullness and recovery...could be the switch to creapure and hydro proteins with more bcaas tho to be honest, time will tell
im curious of a claim made by the ALRI owner stating most free form bcaa's such as ur IBCAA turn into glucose very quickly, they have a BCAA Malate product and he has a study where regular bcaa raises blood sugar when taken first thing in the morning and that his BCAA Malates (Chained Out) lowers blood sugar...also he states dairy proteins (whey and casien) are garbage...im curious how much of this is true since you guys have MAP and IBCAA, which to me are the top of the line in their respective catagories
he also states that regular free form bcaa turn into glucose leaving very little actual bcaa for muscles
where his product gives all 5g of Bcaa to the muscles....i trust pp and their reps so i wanted an opinion
Interesting. BCAAs play an important role in blood sugar stabilization, and because they increase insulin, they usually LOWER blood sugar - especially if they are taken with nothing else. If they were taken in conjunction with carbohydrates, then yes, blood sugar would be increased, but an increase in insulin withOUT the simultaneous ingestion of carbohydrates on DEcreases blood sugar.

BCAAs are unlikely to undergo glycogenolysis if the body has enough glycogen/energy to complete what you require of it. On an empty stomach they may, especially if you are glycogen depleted or in an energy deficit, since BCAAs are in the simplest form of protein (i.e. amino acids are the building blocks of protein), which means less physiological processes for them to be oxidized than say a steak. BCAAs primarily help with muscle metabolism, muscle sparing, and synthesis.

I certainly wouldn't say that whey and casein are garbage - they may not be NECESSARY, but they are not "garbage".

Some of the other Primordial reps may add further to this.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been a huge proponent of BCAA usage, especially while dieting for their anti-catabolic nature.

Author's claims have been proven false by the countless studies about the efficacy of whey and casein proteins and their anabolic actions.

Marketing, my friend. Pure marketing. Only certain AA can even be turned into glucose and to say that BCAA will turn into glucose is absurd. Kinda OT, but the body only needs about 5g of glucose circulating at all times.

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
I would agree that sounds a lot like marketing hype, and especially with the whole whey/casein are garbage, it becomes clear he has a motive behind those statements and definitly are not facts.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
alright thank you to all!!! really!!! i have been buying chained out bc of his "science" and the l-theanine helps me focus...but it is an expensive product and to know that i can easily switch to a much cheaper alternative for my bcaa usage and achieve optimal results is very comforting. I did think it was just marketing for the most part due to there being no science i could find on bcaa malates in general.

I will most likely be buying IBCAA for my next bcaa sup since its ajipure and at such an amazing price!

do you guys think adding me own theanine with IBCAA pretty much produce the same effect i get from chained out for a much cheaper price?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also thank you for proving that the standard protein are no garbage considering there are so many great ones now

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright thank you to all!!! really!!! i have been buying chained out bc of his "science" and the l-theanine helps me focus...but it is an expensive product and to know that i can easily switch to a much cheaper alternative for my bcaa usage and achieve optimal results is very comforting. I did think it was just marketing for the most part due to there being no science i could find on bcaa malates in general.

I will most likely be buying IBCAA for my next bcaa sup since its ajipure and at such an amazing price!

do you guys think adding me own theanine with IBCAA pretty much produce the same effect i get from chained out for a much cheaper price?
You could add that to the IBCAA yeah - just have to find the sweet spot re dosing of the Theanine.

Also thank you for proving that the standard protein are no garbage considering there are so many great ones now
No worries :) It's amazing some of the things people will say :lol:

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
alright thank you once again guys! savin me money and gettin better products? lol pp is whats up

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright thank you once again guys! savin me money and gettin better products? lol pp is whats up
We're here to help and steer you in the right direction - whatever that direction may be, Primordial or not :)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do see that based on posts ive seen by you guys in the past, thats why i respect your guys opinions over most other reps to be honest

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Looks like lots of great answers, personally I use map and bcaa's, either ibcaa from pp or xtend. I have noticed throughout the years that my recovery was greatly increased from drinking bcaa's intra workout and also dosing between 10-15 g post workout. The map has been fairly new to my regimine, but I do 1/2 a scoop pre and post workout, have noticed less soreness since starting that. Just my experience, hope this helps.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
We're here to help and steer you in the right direction - whatever that direction may be, Primordial or not :)
I do see that based on posts ive seen by you guys in the past, thats why i respect your guys opinions over most other reps to be honest
Same with NTBM, and any guidance by yours truly (which is why I have also suggested products by Animal, VPX, etc over the time I have been here) :)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
One of my best friends in the industry is a high profile rep and athlete for ALRi, but even then I can't find much to respect or revere about their company, its leadership, or their overall construct and all that it implies. This is strictly my own opinion, based on years of behind-the-scenes awareness of several factors and goings-on with ALRi and its predecessor company and affiliates.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh wow really that bad?
I do love there chained out, and after talking to the owner in depth i will continue to use it.
His NNU theroy is interesting and would like to see more research in this field over the bioavaliable aspect.
The owner is a very smart man but i do understand it is usually motives

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow really that bad?
I do love there chained out, and after talking to the owner in depth i will continue to use it.
His NNU theroy is interesting and would like to see more research in this field over the bioavaliable aspect.
The owner is a very smart man but i do understand it is usually motives
Scottie isn't my idea of an admirable man or business owner - solely my own personally held opinion based off of years of experience and behind-closed-doors information.

Anyone can put on a smiling face and appease their customer base during a single or even 100 conversations, but when the jar of worms is twisted open so many times, I won't and obviously can't recount or expose any details, but the entire enterprise and the person behind it is in my estimation and many of those I have corresponded with, something akin to that freshly spit out gum that lands on the hot pavement and ends up on the bottom of your new shoes.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Scottie? Im srry i was refering to Author being the smart man and who i talked to regarding the products.
I understand they had a few bad turn ups in the past with spiking.
They do have gAMP certified on their products now and i believe are trying to get NCAA legal to use status too, i could be wrong tho

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Scottie? Im srry i was refering to Author being the smart man and who i talked to regarding the products.
I understand they had a few bad turn ups in the past with spiking.
They do have gAMP certified on their products now and i believe are trying to get NCAA legal to use status too, i could be wrong tho
That's not his real name ;)