is this true

  1. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    is this true


    I was told by a guy at my gym that taking supplements especially a GH product like ghenerate is bad when u are sick. Ive been battling a cold/sinus infection and he said that the GH will make the virus/infection worse. It didnt sound right to me but ive been wrong before (once or twice maybe). I could see it as a waste if u were puking alot but a cold im not sure about. Basically he said i was giving the virus a GH also.

  2. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    Im gonna guess its not, but the guy who told me really beleived it cause he was kinda hurt when i laughed it off
  3. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Middle Earth and Narnia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    61214

    I've never heard of it before....
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9475

    Give the virus a GH also? Lol
  5. Registered User
    chocolatemilk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,804
    Rep Power
    9972

    Growth hormone is sometimes given to people with the HIV virus.

    So I doubt it.
  6. Registered User
    Rahl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,383
    Rep Power
    121919

    Can't see any logic behind that argument. If somebody has some research that points in that direction I'd love to read it.
  7. Registered User
    naturalgainer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    398
    Rep Power
    279

    I dont see that either. I would think that GH would help a sickness because it would be giving your body more tools to fight off the sickness but I am not really sure.
  8. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    I talk to many "big guys" in the gym..
    They are full of crap IMO..
    DO your own research and make up own mine..
    Most of those big guys are a joke when it comes to knowledge..
  9. Registered User
    Bigugly's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    191

    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    I talk to many "big guys" in the gym..
    They are full of crap IMO..
    DO your own research and make up own mine..
    Most of those big guys are a joke when it comes to knowledge..

    Yes they got big by being retarded...

    Most the tools that post on this site are 6"1 180 and think they know everything. And god for bid if you post on their log and ruin their 15 mins of fam lol
  10. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigugly View Post
    Yes they got big by being retarded...

    Most the tools that post on this site are 6"1 180 and think they know everything. And god for bid if you post on their log and ruin their 15 mins of fam lol
    No, they got big because they have good genetics and been doing the same routine for 20 years. Oh and gear.. Thats how they got big..

    I am not saying every big guy, just most of the ones I have personally talked to.. Most older big guys dont know what a PCT is, dont know about modern day supplementation.. dont know about modern cycle. They are ignorant to the "now" and stuck in the past..
  11. Registered User
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wuxi, China
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigugly View Post
    Yes they got big by being retarded...

    Most the tools that post on this site are 6"1 180 and think they know everything. And god for bid if you post on their log and ruin their 15 mins of fam lol
    Usually, they did get big by doing retarded things...like using retarded amounts of AAS from the time they were teens.
    It doesn't take brains to eat a lot of food, have good genetics, and use a bunch of AAS. It takes brains to do it correctly and minimize the side effects and damage to your body.
    How many scientists are jacked? The only one I know of is Layne Norton...

    And to answer the OP's question: no. that's just dumb. High GH levels improve the immune system (not that I believe OTC GH boosters are worth a damn...)
  12. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    I didnt beleive it, but u should have seen how serious this guy was
  13. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post
    I didnt beleive it, but u should have seen how serious this guy was
    Was he an older guy?
  14. Registered User
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9475

    btw, OP is pretty damn big
  15. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    Was he an older guy?
    No, he is prolly mid-twenties and hate to say it but a GNC employee. I know alot of people knock gnc and price wise i understand why, but the other guys at the local gnc are all pretty knowlegable, at least till i heard this. I can already see the "gnc employee, that explains it now" posts coming
  16. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    btw, OP is pretty damn big
    should of seen me 6 months ago, 335 lbs, actually down to 275 today, so im workin on it, shooting for 220-225, so im halfway there
  17. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post
    No, he is prolly mid-twenties and hate to say it but a GNC employee. I know alot of people knock gnc and price wise i understand why, but the other guys at the local gnc are all pretty knowlegable, at least till i heard this. I can already see the "gnc employee, that explains it now" posts coming
    GNC ehh?

    Explains a lot..
  18. Registered User
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9475

    A guy i know got a job at GNC and was telling me about the classes that he sat through to learn about their products and such. It was kind of a a :faceplam: moment.
  19. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    4 out of the 5 employees at local gnc seem really knowledgable, and was even referred to this site and nutraplanet by 2 of them. The other guy is the one always askin when im gonna come and get amp wheybolic 60 with the gold card.....made that mistake when i first started and it wasnt too bad, just overpriced. Anyways point is i dont think all GNC employees are idiots, just this one
  20. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post
    4 out of the 5 employees at local gnc seem really knowledgable, and was even referred to this site and nutraplanet by 2 of them. The other guy is the one always askin when im gonna come and get amp wheybolic 60 with the gold card.....made that mistake when i first started and it wasnt too bad, just overpriced. Anyways point is i dont think all GNC employees are idiots, just this one
    I have been to many a supplement stores in my life and I have NEVER met a knowledgeable employee...
  21. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    when i talk to the guys out of the store, they tell me to order from nutra planet and massnutrition and others. of coarse at gnc they are gonna try to push there products andi dont blame them. Outsideof gnc ive had good conversations with them.
  22. Registered User
    surreallmlan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    83

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigugly View Post
    Yes they got big by being retarded...

    Most the tools that post on this site are 6"1 180 and think they know everything. And god for bid if you post on their log and ruin their 15 mins of fam lol
    Reps brother, and I enjoy the "good genetics" as their excuse for smallness.
  23. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by surreallmlan View Post
    Reps brother, and I enjoy the "good genetics" as their excuse for smallness.
    No reps for your ignorant comment !
  24. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    there is no such thing as good genetics





    ...its called Muscletech Hardcore Pro Series
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  25. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    there is no such thing as good genetics





    ...its called Muscletech Hardcore Pro Series
    Your not supposed to give the secret away like that!!
  26. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    Your not supposed to give the secret away like that!!

    you should see what Jay Cutler is doing...walking around being huge wearing Muecletech shirts all the time (which are anabolic)

    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  27. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2353

    Lucky you i wandered in here tonight, its actually the exact opposite and i can vouch from personal experience.
    I'm a biology major, one of the first things i remember learning in intro to micro.
    Source, i'm pretty sure it's reputable too, lol

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16444180
  28. Registered User
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9475

    The only science around here i like is Bro Science!
  29. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    The only science around here i like is Bro Science!
    i prefer Hoe Science
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  30. Registered User
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wuxi, China
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    i prefer Hoe Science
    Is hoe-science the reason why every gym has like 5 of those worthless thigh abductor machines?

    My only guess behind their popularity is that chicks think it'll make their vagina tighter or help them resist sexual assault by clamping their thighs shut...?

    I'm not even going to go into what I think of the guys who use them...
  31. Registered User
    mikaveli06's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    211

    Immune system is pretty solid,just weather changing up here in michigan and i always get a spring and fall cold/sinus infection.........after that im pretty solid rest of year
  32. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    Is hoe-science the reason why every gym has like 5 of those worthless thigh abductor machines?

    My only guess behind their popularity is that chicks think it'll make their vagina tighter or help them resist sexual assault by clamping their thighs shut...?

    I'm not even going to go into what I think of the guys who use them...
    it works man, my vagina is tighter already
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  33. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    I use the hip abductor machine..
    My squats seem to go up when I add them..
  34. Registered User
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wuxi, China
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
    I use the hip abductor machine..
    My squats seem to go up when I add them..
    The opening motion, or closing motion?

    Either way its pretty gay and nothing that you couldn't accomplish better by just squatting.
  35. Banned
    JCunningham's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    The opening motion, or closing motion?

    Either way its pretty gay and nothing that you couldn't accomplish better by just squatting.
    I do both..
    Of course I squat. Every week. Sometimes twice a week.
    I am sure they serve a purpose other than looking gay.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. is this true ?
    By synergy7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
  2. First true cut, does this look ok?
    By njt11 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
  3. True Lemon / True Lime
    By BigVrunga in forum Recipes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 02:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in