is this true

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
I was told by a guy at my gym that taking supplements especially a GH product like ghenerate is bad when u are sick. Ive been battling a cold/sinus infection and he said that the GH will make the virus/infection worse. It didnt sound right to me but ive been wrong before (once or twice maybe). I could see it as a waste if u were puking alot but a cold im not sure about. Basically he said i was giving the virus a GH also.:think:

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna guess its not, but the guy who told me really beleived it cause he was kinda hurt when i laughed it off

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never heard of it before....

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Growth hormone is sometimes given to people with the HIV virus.

So I doubt it.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Can't see any logic behind that argument. If somebody has some research that points in that direction I'd love to read it.

naturalgainer

naturalgainer

Awards
  • Established
I dont see that either. I would think that GH would help a sickness because it would be giving your body more tools to fight off the sickness but I am not really sure.

J

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I talk to many "big guys" in the gym..
They are full of crap IMO..
DO your own research and make up own mine..
Most of those big guys are a joke when it comes to knowledge..

Bigugly

Bigugly

Awards
I talk to many "big guys" in the gym..
They are full of crap IMO..
DO your own research and make up own mine..
Most of those big guys are a joke when it comes to knowledge..

Yes they got big by being retarded...

Most the tools that post on this site are 6"1 180 and think they know everything. And god for bid if you post on their log and ruin their 15 mins of fam lol

J

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Most the tools that post on this site are 6"1 180 and think they know everything. And god for bid if you post on their log and ruin their 15 mins of fam lol
No, they got big because they have good genetics and been doing the same routine for 20 years. Oh and gear.. Thats how they got big..

I am not saying every big guy, just most of the ones I have personally talked to.. Most older big guys dont know what a PCT is, dont know about modern day supplementation.. dont know about modern cycle. They are ignorant to the "now" and stuck in the past..

G

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established

Usually, they did get big by doing retarded things...like using retarded amounts of AAS from the time they were teens.
It doesn't take brains to eat a lot of food, have good genetics, and use a bunch of AAS. It takes brains to do it correctly and minimize the side effects and damage to your body.
How many scientists are jacked? The only one I know of is Layne Norton...

And to answer the OP's question: no. that's just dumb. High GH levels improve the immune system (not that I believe OTC GH boosters are worth a damn...)

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
I didnt beleive it, but u should have seen how serious this guy was

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Was he an older guy?
No, he is prolly mid-twenties and hate to say it but a GNC employee. I know alot of people knock gnc and price wise i understand why, but the other guys at the local gnc are all pretty knowlegable, at least till i heard this. I can already see the "gnc employee, that explains it now" posts coming

J

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, he is prolly mid-twenties and hate to say it but a GNC employee. I know alot of people knock gnc and price wise i understand why, but the other guys at the local gnc are all pretty knowlegable, at least till i heard this. I can already see the "gnc employee, that explains it now" posts coming
GNC ehh?

Explains a lot..

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
A guy i know got a job at GNC and was telling me about the classes that he sat through to learn about their products and such. It was kind of a a :faceplam: moment.

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
4 out of the 5 employees at local gnc seem really knowledgable, and was even referred to this site and nutraplanet by 2 of them. The other guy is the one always askin when im gonna come and get amp wheybolic 60 with the gold card.....made that mistake when i first started and it wasnt too bad, just overpriced. Anyways point is i dont think all GNC employees are idiots, just this one

J

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
4 out of the 5 employees at local gnc seem really knowledgable, and was even referred to this site and nutraplanet by 2 of them. The other guy is the one always askin when im gonna come and get amp wheybolic 60 with the gold card.....made that mistake when i first started and it wasnt too bad, just overpriced. Anyways point is i dont think all GNC employees are idiots, just this one
I have been to many a supplement stores in my life and I have NEVER met a knowledgeable employee...

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
when i talk to the guys out of the store, they tell me to order from nutra planet and massnutrition and others. of coarse at gnc they are gonna try to push there products andi dont blame them. Outsideof gnc ive had good conversations with them.

S

surreallmlan

Awards

Reps brother, and I enjoy the "good genetics" as their excuse for smallness.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there is no such thing as good genetics

...its called Muscletech Hardcore Pro Series

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your not supposed to give the secret away like that!!
:slap:
you should see what Jay Cutler is doing...walking around being huge wearing Muecletech shirts all the time (which are anabolic)

:icon_lol:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Lucky you i wandered in here tonight, its actually the exact opposite and i can vouch from personal experience.
I'm a biology major, one of the first things i remember learning in intro to micro.
Source, i'm pretty sure it's reputable too, lol

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16444180

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
The only science around here i like is Bro Science!

G

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
i prefer Hoe Science
Is hoe-science the reason why every gym has like 5 of those worthless thigh abductor machines?

My only guess behind their popularity is that chicks think it'll make their vagina tighter or help them resist sexual assault by clamping their thighs shut...?

I'm not even going to go into what I think of the guys who use them...

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
Immune system is pretty solid,just weather changing up here in michigan and i always get a spring and fall cold/sinus infection.........after that im pretty solid rest of year

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is hoe-science the reason why every gym has like 5 of those worthless thigh abductor machines?

My only guess behind their popularity is that chicks think it'll make their vagina tighter or help them resist sexual assault by clamping their thighs shut...?

I'm not even going to go into what I think of the guys who use them...
it works man, my vagina is tighter already :doh:

J

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use the hip abductor machine..
My squats seem to go up when I add them..

G

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
I use the hip abductor machine..
My squats seem to go up when I add them..
The opening motion, or closing motion?

Either way its pretty gay and nothing that you couldn't accomplish better by just squatting.

J

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The opening motion, or closing motion?

Either way its pretty gay and nothing that you couldn't accomplish better by just squatting.
I do both..
Of course I squat. Every week. Sometimes twice a week.
I am sure they serve a purpose other than looking gay.