Purple Wraath for INSANITY? (New)

WhooliGuN

Awards
ive been wanting to try out a supplement for so long and i read about purple wraath and i like how it doesnt have caffeine. what do you guys think though? would it help me greatly on my insanity workouts? would be better pre or intra in between sets or both?

and if it matters, my fitness goal is to drop to 170 and get a lean, sleek, athletic physique.. you know, the "hollywood look" if you wanna call it that. but i still wanna build gradual muscle and insanity DOES build muscle.. i know from experience.

and what about white flood from the same company? it has caffeine, but would it be better for me than purple wraath in terms of my fitness goals?

if you dont know what insanity is:
its plyometrics, calisthenics, and crazy ass cardio drills with some resistance for about an hour!

thank you.

P.S. if you wanna recommend other energy boosting supplements that will help me reach my fitness goal, please do tell, thanks.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Purple Wraath is fine for an intraworkout drink during your Insanity workouts. Just sip it through out the whole thing. Its got a good amount of BCAA's that will keep you going through it all. Plus the taste is pretty darn good too. At 19 i wouldn't go to crazy on supplements. Your gains will come with hard work and a solid diet. But stick to staples like a solid multivitamin, protein, bcaa's, fish oil and preworkout if you want one. If you just want an energy boost look into LG's E-911 or App Nut's Black Cat. Both will give you an energy boost before your workouts.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
ive been wanting to try out a supplement for so long and i read about purple wraath and i like how it doesnt have caffeine. what do you guys think though? would it help me greatly on my insanity workouts? would be better pre or intra in between sets or both?

and if it matters, my fitness goal is to drop to 170 and get a lean, sleek, athletic physique.. you know, the "hollywood look" if you wanna call it that. but i still wanna build gradual muscle and insanity DOES build muscle.. i know from experience.

and what about white flood from the same company? it has caffeine, but would it be better for me than purple wraath in terms of my fitness goals?

if you dont know what insanity is:
its plyometrics, calisthenics, and crazy ass cardio drills with some resistance for about an hour!

thank you.

P.S. if you wanna recommend other energy boosting supplements that will help me reach my fitness goal, please do tell, thanks.
Purple WRAATH is intra workout so it should be consumed DURING your workout (some people prefer to drink it pre-workout though.) It also would be GREAT for your goals, for a couple of reasons:

1.) It improves endurance & cardio - something that would benefit the INSANITY workouts.
2.) No caffeine - which you said you wanted.
3.) Excellent for "cutting" or "getting lean" - as it preserves muscles during a caloric deficient diet.
4.) It would give you a boost, despite having no stimulants in it.
5.) Tastes great and is cost-friendly

A couple Purple WRAATH Reviews

White FLOOD is our preworkout product, which has alot of positive feedback. It would give you a great rush / boost, maybe for a day your tired or not as motivated for your workouts.
A couple White FLOOD REVIEWS

You can try some of our products here, in the free sample thread.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!
RR

WhooliGuN

Awards
thanks for the input guys!

prepnwa, yeah i do already take those, even glucosamine. although im still confused as to whether to take multivits/fish oils pre or post. yeah im newbie to all this stuff. and yeah im mainly just trying it out for now. im not looking to bodybuild anyway, but i still wanna rage through my insanity workouts pumping out every rep i can to maximize my gains, thats why purple wraath intrigued me so much.

renegaderows, yeah i have read a ton about white flood. im kinda getting the impression that its more for bodybuilding though? cuz i was actually thinking of getting both tubs at smaller servings and just alternate between the two everyday to equally get the effects of both, would that be safe though? and lastly, based on my goals and insanity, can i benefit greatly from just 1 scoop per workout?

thanks again!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing the Insanity videos for the last 6 months or so as my HIIT cardio. Initially I was sipping Purple Wraath throughout the workout and found the beta alanine would increase my stamina/endurance and allow me to keep up with the video a little bit longer.

About a month ago I found I needed more of a 'kick' to get me into the sessions so I dropped the Purple Wraath and switched to White Flood 30 minutes pre-workout. I normally do my sessions first thing in the morning and now that the mornings are dark I find it hard to get out of bed and start jumping up and down like an idiot. White Flood also contains beta alanine so I get the same stamina/endurance benefits but also the kick from the caffeine.

I would try the free samples on offer and then see, which option works for you.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

prepnwa, yeah i do already take those, even glucosamine. although im still confused as to whether to take multivits/fish oils pre or post. yeah im newbie to all this stuff. and yeah im mainly just trying it out for now. im not looking to bodybuild anyway, but i still wanna rage through my insanity workouts pumping out every rep i can to maximize my gains, thats why purple wraath intrigued me so much.

renegaderows, yeah i have read a ton about white flood. im kinda getting the impression that its more for bodybuilding though? cuz i was actually thinking of getting both tubs at smaller servings and just alternate between the two everyday to equally get the effects of both, would that be safe though? and lastly, based on my goals and insanity, can i benefit greatly from just 1 scoop per workout?

thanks again!
Just take your multi in the morning with breakfast. Fish take with meals whenever. Like RR said Purple Wraath will help you get all the reps you can through out your workout. BCAA's are perfect for keeping muscle and not loosing on a cut or help build muscle. Purple Wraath will do its job just pop a full serving in water bottle and sip through out your workout.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You can benefit from just one scoop, White FLOOD is pretty strong, and alot of people only need 1 scoop for the first few months of dosing. You can also benefit from 1 scoop of Purple WRAATH, especially if you don't use supplements on a regular basis.

White FLOOD is not JUST for bodybuilders, it's for athletes of all kinds. It will give you drive, motivation, energy and increase blood flow which enhances performance (among other things.) Everyone can use that. I've even heard of customers using White FLOOD before an exam or school related purposes, as it does stimulate your body AND your mind.

You can dose any way you want, I would personally take the Purple WRAATH everyday, and use WF only on some days. PW/Aminos/Protein are important especially with your goals, so I would use the Purple WRAATH everyday. You could alternate between the two and see how it works for you though.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing the Insanity videos for the last 6 months or so as my HIIT cardio. Initially I was sipping Purple Wraath throughout the workout and found the beta alanine would increase my stamina/endurance and allow me to keep up with the video a little bit longer.

About a month ago I found I needed more of a 'kick' to get me into the sessions so I dropped the Purple Wraath and switched to White Flood 30 minutes pre-workout. I normally do my sessions first thing in the morning and now that the mornings are dark I find it hard to get out of bed and start jumping up and down like an idiot. White Flood also contains beta alanine so I get the same stamina/endurance benefits but also the kick from the caffeine.

I would try the free samples on offer and then see, which option works for you.
Great advice!!! The beta alanine makes a big difference

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
can i benefit greatly from just 1 scoop per workout?

thanks again!
Absolutely, I only use 1 scoop of WF. I read somewhere that the full dosage of 2 scoops of WF contains about 250mg of caffeine, which is waaaaay too much for me. 1 scoop 30 mins before I do the Insanity workout is perfect for me.

It's always best to start on a lower dosage so give 1 scoop a try for a week or so and if you don't feel that you get enough of a kick then up it by 1/2 a scoop for the next week and so on. I've never heard of anyone needing more than 2 scoops of WF as it is very powerful stuff so upping it by 1/2 scoop is probably safer than a full scoop.

WhooliGuN

Awards
awesome guys. i think i MIGHT get a sample of each product, but for now im leaning more towards purple wraath and maybe a few months down the road ill hit up white flood. because after about 3 rounds of insanity, im gonna customize my own p90x/insanity hybrid as the last workout program to get me to my fitness goal of that sleek, athletic look. and white flood would be perfect for that program.

warsteiner - did purple wraath actually help you a lot in terms of not stopping or hitting pause so much? because thats what i tend to do and it completely defeats the purpose of insanity. were the 30 second breaks long enough for the bcaa's to kick in and jolt you right in time for the next set?

and yeah i just found out that 1 scoop is actually pretty hefty so i can probably use that on like 4-5 cups of ice cold water and that should be enough for a full 1 hour insanity beating.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
warsteiner - did purple wraath actually help you a lot in terms of not stopping or hitting pause so much? because thats what i tend to do and it completely defeats the purpose of insanity. were the 30 second breaks long enough for the bcaa's to kick in and jolt you right in time for the next set?
The beta alanine in PW definitely helped although Insanity is HIIT training so you should be killing yourself with each session. I never bother hitting the pause button, if I need a break outside of the 30 second water break then I just stop for a few seconds and start back when I can. When I first started the program I was stopping quite a bit but 6 months down the line my fitness level has increased significantly so I am able to keep up with about 90% of the videos and only take breaks during the 30 second water break.

When you get to the 2nd month of Insanity workouts you'll see that the people on the video are also taking breaks outside of the designated water break so unless you need to stop for 2-3 minutes I wouldn't bother with pausing the video. Just take an extra 20 second water break when you need it.

WhooliGuN

Awards
yeah totally the whole purpose of an HIIT or in this case an MIT is to go balls to the wall with every set. i guess its just human instinct to not over exert because in the back of your head you know that theres 2 other sets and 3 other whole circuits to bust through, but IT IS true that no pain, no gain.

and tbh with you i put on alotta weight in the last year, pretty much i was sedentary and crap. thats why im 5'7'' and a whopping 220 lbs and theres times when i have to stop and rethink my form or catch my breath. sometimes what i do if i need more time to breath during a 30 second break, is i pause the vid midway the break, and i look at my clock and count until 10 seconds have passed, then i resume the video.

i know nutrition is 80% and exercise is 20% of your results, but i seriously think that with insanity, its so effective that you can push that 20% to 30% if you absolutely bust your ass everytime. and im glad i came across purple wraath cuz it seems like it fits my criteria for a good workout tool.